Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Fritzing part

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Attached are zip archives with custom Netduino, Netduino Mini, Netduino Plus, Netduino 2 and Netduino Plus 2 parts for popular prototyping tool Fritzing. The breadboard layout matches the official Rev.A boards for all variants.

Enjoy Posted Image

Edit 2010-11-30: Added Netduino Mini version 1.0. Use 'variant' combo box in the Inspector window to switch among Netduino boards. You may need to restart Fritzing after import for changes to take effect.

Edit 2010-10-04: Added Netduino Plus version 1.0.

Edit 2010-09-09: Updated to version 1.1 - Corrected logo font (thanks Chris), improved pin names (alternate functions) and descriptions (max output current), added USB logo to the connector.

Edit 2012-11-24: Added Netduino Plus 2

Edit 2013-01-15: Added Netduino 2

Attached Files

Edited by CW2, 15 January 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

That looks awesome! Thanks, CW2. Are you submitting that to the official Fritzing catalog? Chris

#3 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

I am having a hard time getting the layout of the board done correctly for the 3D model. Would you mind if I use your picture to get the parts in the right place, and right size? I am only going to post the 3D model here, I'd put a link to this thread if I used the picture too. By the way it looks great! how did you do it? EDIT: Ah the program -.- please excuse my newbieness -OZ

#4 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

Would you mind if I use your picture to get the parts in the right place, and right size?

Sure, no problem.

By the way it looks great! how did you do it?

I took screenshot of the board layout and used it as background template for placing the components.

#5 Szymon

Szymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPoland, Krakow

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

I have update schematics on my blog. It looks great! Thanks for great work. http://geekswithblog...nking_leds.aspx

#6 trustme

trustme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

I just found this. I added the files to the Fritzing folder structure... not sure if I did that correctly. But I'm getting this error: The file /Users/..../fritzing.2010.08.06.mac/parts/user/part.Netduino.fzp is not a Fritzing file (1). Where are the files suppose to be added? Thanks, Duane

#7 Squintz

Squintz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:54 AM

Very cool CW2. I am going to try this out.
Harford Hackerspace - Collaborate, Learn, Socialize! Visit us if you are in the Baltimore, MD area!

#8 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

I just found this. I added the files to the Fritzing folder structure... not sure if I did that correctly.But I'm getting this error:

Please select Netduino.fzpz file in a dialog that appears from "Part\Import..." menu command. The custom Netduino part will then appear in "Mine" bin.

#9 Coding Smackdown

Coding Smackdown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX USA

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

CW2, you did a great job! I pulled down Fritzing and your part and they both make documenting projects so much easier. You've made something I'll probably use everyday! Thanks a lot!
Brewing Award Winning Beer with a Netduino!
http://diybrewery.com

#10 jonathan

jonathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hi CW2, I'm one of the developers of Fritzing. We'd like to add your netduino part to Fritzing's core parts library. Any objections? Thanks.

#11 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

We'd like to add your netduino part to Fritzing's core parts library. Any objections?

None at all. But I am working on a new version, which has fixed logo (proper font) and connector descriptions - it should take a day or two to finish, so if you can wait...

#12 jonathan

jonathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Sure, whenever you're ready. If you like, you can upload it directly by adding a comment to http://code.google.c.../detail?id=875. Cheers.

#13 Omar (OZ)

Omar (OZ)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:31 AM

Attached is a zip archive with custom Netduino part for popular prototyping tool Fritzing. The breadboard layout matches the official Rev.A board.

Enjoy Posted Image

Thanks for the picture! I finished that 3D model, your picture helped a ton.
It is here: 3D Model if you want to see it.

Thanks again

#14 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

Sure, whenever you're ready. If you like, you can upload it directly by adding a comment to http://code.google.c.../detail?id=875.

I have just released the updated version (edited the first post in this thread) and added comment #70 to the user-created parts list on Google Code. Enjoy Posted Image

#15 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

I have just released the updated version (edited the first post in this thread) and added comment #70 to the user-created parts list on Google Code. Enjoy Posted Image

This looks great, CW2. You even updated the image up top. Fantastic.

What do we need to do to get this incorporated into the core Fritzing libary (as requested by the Fritzing team member who posted here recently)? Or is that done now too?

Chris

#16 jonathan

jonathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Great, thanks. The Netduino part will appear in the Fritzing core parts bin in the next release of Fritzing. But you can still import the part (as explained above) without waiting for the next release.

#17 jonathan

jonathan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Just to let you know, a new Fritzing release is out with the Netduino in the core bin. Thanks again for letting us use the part. Cheers.

#18 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

Just to let you know, a new Fritzing release is out with the Netduino in the core bin. Thanks again for letting us use the part.

This is great news. Did you see that CW2 is already working on a Netduino Plus part?

And for those of you who haven't seen Fritzing, check it out. You can easily make illustrations of your Netduino projects using Fritzing. It's pretty cool!

Chris

#19 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Did you see that CW2 is already working on a Netduino Plus part?

I have just published Netduino Plus part (edited the first post) and added comment #73 to the user-created parts list on Google Code. Enjoy Posted Image

#20 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

I have just published Netduino Plus part (edited the first post) and added comment #73 to the user-created parts list on Google Code. Enjoy Posted Image

CW2, I just downloaded the part and pulled it into Fritzing--it looks _really_ nice! Makes me want to sketch something out with Fritzing and my Netduino Plus this morning :)

Thanks for contributing this to Fritzing and the community!

Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.