Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Experimental WIZnet Driver - klotz MyFirstWebPage Example

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Easter

Easter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Netduino + WIZnet Shield - My First Webpage Example

I'm trying to run this example from klotz, but building errors with: Error 1 Program 'C:\Users\lenovo\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Wiznet5100v2\obj\Debug\Klotz.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100.exe' does not contain a static 'Main' method suitable for an entry point CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Sorry if this is more of a general noob question than netduino specific one.

#2 Quiche31

Quiche31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Netduino + WIZnet Shield - My First Webpage Example

I'm trying to run this example from klotz, but building errors with: Error 1 Program 'C:\Users\lenovo\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Wiznet5100v2\obj\Debug\Klotz.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100.exe' does not contain a static 'Main' method suitable for an entry point CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Sorry if this is more of a general noob question than netduino specific one.

In the Solution Explorer window of Visual Studio: make sure that your startup project is your test application, and not the library from Klotz. Then you should be ready to go.

#3 Easter

Easter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for the reply, this got me a step closer. Setting the correct startup application then produced this error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in FEZPanda_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ.dll

Additional information: FEZ Panda not detected!

In troubleshooting, I replaced the wiznet instantiation with one of Klotz's commented out ones.

Replacing:
CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100 wiznet = new CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100(SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, (Cpu.Pin)FEZ_Pin.Digital.Di10);

With:
CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100 wiznet = new CKlotzManDo.NETMF.Net.Wiznet5100(SPI.SPI_module.SPI1, Pins.GPIO_PIN_D10);

This still produces the same "FEX Panda not detected!" error, but unlike the with old line, I can continue and deployment completes. The listening port functions and serves the webpage. Success!

Moving forward, I did have to change the code further as mentioned here in order to get it to connect more than once.

So I'm up and running, though I'd be interested if anyone has thoughts on the FEZ Panda error.

#4 Quiche31

Quiche31

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

So I'm up and running, though I'd be interested if anyone has thoughts on the FEZ Panda error.

In Visual Studio, remove the FEZ assemblies such as FEZPanda_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ from your references, and the error will go away

#5 Easter

Easter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

In Visual Studio, remove the FEZ assemblies such as FEZPanda_GHIElectronics.NETMF.FEZ from your references, and the error will go away

Ah, perfect - it works great. Thanks for bearing with me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.