Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields - Page 4 - Beta Firmware and Drivers - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Experimental Drivers for Wiznet-based Ethernet Shields

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 klotz

klotz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

updated the code. I found I was not doing the bind/listen/accept cycle correctly. Not sure I have it right yet, I still can't connect more than once. Hope someone could tell me where I am going wrong.

#62 RvBCrS

RvBCrS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationZutphen, Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

updated the code. I found I was not doing the bind/listen/accept cycle correctly. Not sure I have it right yet, I still can't connect more than once. Hope someone could tell me where I am going wrong.

Great stuff!! Now it works!
Blog: Morrison Blog
Twitter: @rvbcrs

#63 RvBCrS

RvBCrS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationZutphen, Netherlands

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:28 AM

Great stuff!! Now it works!

Probably not the way to do it, but I got it to accept multiple connects by moving these 2 lines of code inside the while(true) loop in the Main()

Socket listenSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
listenSocket.Bind(ep);

So the listening socket gets created and bound every time it finished a connection :)
No I can connect as many times to the Netduino as I want.
Blog: Morrison Blog
Twitter: @rvbcrs

#64 klotz

klotz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Probably not the way to do it, but I got it to accept multiple connects by moving these 2 lines of code inside the while(true) loop in the Main()

Socket listenSocket = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp);
listenSocket.Bind(ep);

So the listening socket gets created and bound every time it finished a connection :)
No I can connect as many times to the Netduino as I want.

I would never have thought to do it that way. I am used to using sockets under WinSocks and you would not normally have to recreate the socket to get a new connection. It looks to me like it is not dropping the connection when I close the socket. Your solution causes the socket to be desposed and that may explain why it works.

#65 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

We've updated the experimental Wiznet drivers to support TCP Server in addition to TCP Client and UDP. We enhanced performance a bit as well.

Updated drivers are attached to the first post in this thread.

[Please note that TCP server ports can only serve one client at a time. If anyone has been successful getting the Wiznet shield to support multiple simultaneous clients per port, please let us know as we would love to support that scenario.]

DNS support is not yet implemented, but you should be able to use the MFToolkit to resolve hostnames to DNS addresses.

Although these drivers are experimental, they are approaching release quality. If you experience any issues with them, please let us know so that we can tweak and refine...

Enjoy!

Chris

P.S. Everyone please join us in saying "thank you" to klotz for his contribution, laying the groundwork for the Wiznet TCP server functionality... We also used klotz's test app extensively during development.

#66 StanDeMan

StanDeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hi Chris, great to read this. :) Because I'm new to the community I don't know where to find the actual driver and maybe some sample code to test it. Can you tell me where to download this, please? I use the netduino and the arduino ICSP board. I got it yesterday and I'm very eager to start programming with it. Do I have to consider something? Will I have to bridge the CS pins to get the SD card working? The networking stuff should work without grater problems - I think. Netduino is great. I like it very much. Thanks in advance from Germany. Cheers! Stan

#67 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hi Stan,

The experimental drivers are attached to the first post of this thread.

If you're using the Arduino Ethernet shield with the ICSP pins, be sure to solder a 6-pin header onto the ICSP area of the Netduino.

We'll enable simultaneous use of the SD card and Ethernet in the v4.1.1 beta firmware. Right now, you can use both (if you bridge the CS pin of the SD card to D10)--but not at the same time.

Chris

#68 StanDeMan

StanDeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi Chris, thanks for the quick replay. The netduino community is really great. :) I soldered the ICSP pins yesterday at night and a small TCP Server is working now (test code was posted at this thread). It worked at once. Amazing! I'll install 4.1.1 - I know it's a pre release and will test the behaviour of the SD card and TCP/IP. Thanks again and regards to the netduino team Stan

#69 StanDeMan

StanDeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hi Chris, sorry, me again. I flashed the new Firmware v4.1.1 but I can't get the sample working again - like with v4.1.0. SD card can only be reached if I'm not using network at the same time. Why is this? Is this because of the shield design. I bridged D4 and D10, too. No chance. I have the new shield design with the integrated micro sd socket on it. Networking is sometimes possible - sometimes not. Is the netduinoPlus the better choise if I want to do some logging over network or start a silverlight app from the sd card? Flash is so contrained with plus, that's the reason I bought a netduino with shield. Are some samples available hwo to access SD with the new Firmware and how to handle network with the new stuff? And both together? Sorry for the Newbie questions. Regards Stan

#70 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:51 AM

Hi Stan, Simultaneous use of networking and SD on the new Arduino Ethernet shield will be supported by the official v4.1.1 firmware, but isn't supported by the current alpha version. This will be supported by picking the "chip select" for the SD...a parameter that is currently ignored. You can use both at the same time (and at much faster speeds) on the Netduino Plus today--no problems there. Our next update to the v4.1.1 alpha firmware is scheduled for next week. I don't think that the final SD code will be in this one, but it should be in an upcoming beta. Thanks for testing this! Chris

#71 StanDeMan

StanDeMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hi Chris, thanks for the quick answer and the excellent support. I thinks a netduinoPlus is missing in my collection. :) Thanks again. Regards Stan

#72 two schnauzers

two schnauzers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Has anyone verified if the drivers will work with LinkSprite CuHead WiFi Shield for Arduino http://www.cutedigi....6d911aa02c5caa0 Is is only $55 (cheaper than the other WiFi shields). I plan on using it with a regular NetDuino (not Plus). Thanks!

#73 Eduardo

Eduardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brasil

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hello, I do not understand electronics and I'm starting with the development of netduino, I wonder if someone could tell me how to connect the Arduino Ethernet Shield in netduino with this breadboard.
O coração tem razões que a própria razão desconhece.

#74 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

Hello, I do not understand electronics and I'm starting with the development of netduino, I wonder if someone could tell me how to connect the Arduino Ethernet Shield in netduino with this breadboard.

Hi Eduardo,

Actually you don't need a breadboard. You can just stack the ethernet shield on top of the Netduino. Perhaps this wiki page gives a nice example of what I mean: http://wiki.netduino...on-shields.ashx
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#75 Eduardo

Eduardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo, Brasil

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hello Stefan, saving my life again, as you may have noticed I have asked questions in relation to RFID and LCD, if I connect the network card in netduino how I should connect the other components?
O coração tem razões que a própria razão desconhece.

#76 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Hello Stefan, saving my life again, as you may have noticed I have asked questions in relation to RFID and LCD, if I connect the network card in netduino how I should connect the other components?

Just put a breadboard next to your netduino and use jumper wires to connect things together.
"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#77 Danny net

Danny net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hi is there any update to the wiznet code ? This thread is quite old and I wonder if there has been any progress.

#78 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hi Danny,

Hi is there any update to the wiznet code ? This thread is quite old and I wonder if there has been any progress.

I believe that the experimental drivers are working pretty well. With the launch of the Netduino Plus, most users are using the integrated open source networking there...so these are here for the community.

BTW, welcome to the Netduino community!

Chris

#79 Danny net

Danny net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I believe that the experimental drivers are working pretty well. With the launch of the Netduino Plus, most users are using the integrated open source networking there...so these are here for the community.

Thanks for your welcome, I have a mini + wiznet system that I need to develop so unfortunately I need more fully implemented drivers [dhcp + wol] for my project and I was wondering if any progress was made before I begin re-inventing the wheel. Here is a picture of my project as it stands (IMAGE), As you can see I have a Wiznet Module and integrated PSU that I have used from an old arduino project that I built last year. I've just started with netduino so its all a bit new to me. I tried out a http server program found on this forum but it was throwing a socket exception, I really haven't spent much time deciphering the code yet so before I begin in ernest I thought I would check if there had been any improvements.

#80 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi Danny, That looks like a cool project. I don't believe that there is any planned managed code implementation of DHCP (since the Wiznet chip doesn't support it...we'd have to build the stack separately). We are looking at supporting the ENC28J60 module though...which would provide a native networking option for the Netduino Mini. Please post more photos or videos once you have your project up and running! Looks interesting! Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.