Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

VS2015 teething troubles and some solutions

VS2015

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jason.Net

Jason.Net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hi

I have spent the best part of the day moving one of my projects to VS2015 under Win10. It didn't go smoothly so I though I'd share the main problems I encountered and some solutions.

No.1

Error    MMP0000    Cannot parse method signature '.ctor'

That's not very usefull and it took a while to get to something meaningfull. The solution came from here. It boils down (eventually) to the compiler not allowing you to reference arrays of structs. If you want to test it then compile this. Comment out the var b = bars[0] and it will compile. My workaround was to change the struct to a class. Not fixed but worked around.

public Foo()
        {
            var bars = new[] { new Bar() };
            var b = bars[0];
        }

struct Bar
        {
        }

No.2

Easy one this but i'll include it anyway. foreach will not iterate through a string. This no longer works.

String s = "hello";
foreach (char c in s)
{
}

use

String s = "hello";
foreach (char c in s.ToCharArray())
{
}

No.3

Just when you think it is all working and the device is initialising in the debugger

unknown type: System.Diagnostics.DebuggerBrowsableState

Answer came from here. There is an enum it can't locate and i could not find which assembly I was missing, if indeed this was the problem. If anyone knows please let me know. The solution is to put this in your project

namespace System.Diagnostics
{
    public enum DebuggerBrowsableState
    {
        Collapsed,
        Never,
        RootHidden
    }
}

No.4 Not relevent to Netduino but Wix projects are not recognised. You need to use the 3.10 release candidate for VS2015.

No.5 Not relevent but hard to track down. If you get the error 0x80131700 MMP it is because you don't have the 3.5 version of the .net framework installed. In windows 10 goto turn windows features on or off and select .Net Framework  3.5( includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

No.6

If windows complains the Netduino is missing a driver then uninstall the netduinosdk and install it again. I think this is already posted somewhere but I wanted to keep the list complete.

Hope that helps someone

Jason

Edit: spelling and No.6

#2 vader7071

vader7071

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationDothan, AL

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

Any idea how to fix a "there is a missing project subtype" error?

I am running Win 10 with VS Community 15.  I can't even create a new project.

The error I am getting is:

There is a missing project subtype.

Subtype: '{b69e3092-b931-443c-abe7-7e7b65f2a37f}' is unsupported by this installation.

When I try to open a project created in VS2012, I get an error the project is incompatible.  The upgrade log says:

{file}.csproj: The application which this project type is based on was not found.  Please try this link for further information: http://go.microsoft.co.........(you get the idea).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.