#21 NameOfTheDragon

NameOfTheDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, Kent, UK

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'm afraid that the lack of response on this issue has converted me from a firm advocate to something of a disbeliever. I am coming to the end of my patience with all the bugs and limitations. Netduinos are getting ever more expensive, while it is now possible to get a Raspberry Pi 2 with Windows 10 IoT Core, a quad core CPU, 1Gb RAM, all for significantly less than the cost of a Netduino.

Raspberry Pi 2: 1Gb Ram, ARM Cortex A7, 900MHz quad core, Windows 10 IoT core - 29.99

Netduino 3 ethernet: 1408Kb +168Kb; ARM Cortex M4, 168MHz single core, MSIL interpreter - 47.27

It is getting harder to justify given the refusal to deal with issues and the widening price gap. Somebody persuade me that a RasPi doesn't make more sense. Anyone?

#22 Tom

Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:17 PM

I'll chime in with my disappointment as well with the lack of followup on a number of issues posted in the forums. Really do have to wonder what future the netduino platform has, and if SecretLabs is a one-man-show? 
I know MS have piled a lot into the netmf but it does seem like Windows 10 on the RPi is getting the love at the moment. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino.IP, network, issue, sockets, TCP, UDP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.