• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 volleynerd

volleynerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Hello - I'm back on the netduino bandwagon after playing with it a couple years ago.

I have a Netduino 3 WiFi board.  Trying to work with the onboard button in a program.  Should be so simple.  I've searched through the boards and web a bit, can't find an answer.

My understanding is that the onboard button is dual purpose - it will (a) reset the board, or ( B) if in a program with an InputPort bound to the ONBOARD_BTN, it should read button presses instead.

When running the program below, when I press the onboard button, the board resets.  

What am I doing wrong?

static OutputPort led = new OutputPort( Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false );
static InputPort button = new InputPort( Pins.ONBOARD_BTN, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled );
static bool buttonState = false;

public static void Main()
{
    led.Write( false );
    while ( true )
    {
        buttonState = button.Read();
        led.Write( buttonState );
    }
}

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:06 AM

Hi volleynerd,

Ack, that's a bug. We physically wired up the button to two MCU pins on Netduino 3 Wi-Fi, but ONBOARD_BTN is pointing to the inactive pin. [The dual-wiring is there for some advanced future scenarios.]

In the meantime, can you please reply your line of code with the physical pin #--and let us know if that fixes the issue for you?

//static InputPort button = new InputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_BTN, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled);
        /* replaced by... */
        static InputPort button = new InputPort((Cpu.Pin)0x15, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled);
We'll fix the core mis-assignment in a 4.3.2.2 quick patch by the weekend. Sorry for the glitch, and thank you very much for letting us know.

Chris

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:12 AM   Best Answer

Hi volleynerd,

This issue has been fixed in the new 4.3.2.2 firmware:
http://forums.netdui...-v432-update-2/

Thanks again for reporting the bug,

Chris

#4 volleynerd

volleynerd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yep, indeed with that workaround, the program works fine.  Little did I know I was "doing it right" ...  :)

Thanks a lot for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.