Introducing Netduino 3 Wi-Fi - Page 5 - Netduino 3 - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Introducing Netduino 3 Wi-Fi

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 PhilP

PhilP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

Chris:

What is the status of the Shield base via the Go bus and the Netduino 3?  I have been successful with all of the on-board features of the Netduino 3 including connecting to my Wifi with no issues.  What a nice affordable card.  The Shield base via the Go bus doesn't work.  I haven't been successful in finding any related entries on the Shield with the Netduino 3.

Thanks

Phil

#82 Zombiecoder

Zombiecoder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:30 PM

Just ordered a Netduino3 Wi-Fi. As a .net programmer, I am very excited.

#83 neslekkim

neslekkim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

What is happening to the Ethernet version?

--
Asbjørn

#84 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hi Phil,

What is the status of the Shield base via the Go bus and the Netduino 3?

Netduino 3 supports all the production-firmware GoBus modules (everything but Shield Base, which is in beta). As we bring Shield Base out of beta, we will be adding support for it to the Netduino 3 core (which core will be shared with Netduino Go mainboard as well).

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#85 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

What is happening to the Ethernet version?

You have PM :)

Chris

#86 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:57 PM

Hi Zombiecoder,

Just ordered a Netduino3 Wi-Fi. As a .net programmer, I am very excited.

Awesome! Welcome to the community, and please share your projects with us so we can see your creations as well!

Chris

#87 mupedrozo

mupedrozo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Hi Chris,

First of all, I want to say congratulations for your product, We are a Colombian company that has developed a platform for access control and time and attendance that integrate smart card technology and biometrics fingerprint over Windows CE devices: In this moment we see that your products Netduino Plus 2 and Netduino 3 WIFI are a powerful hardware to develop new versions of our product and reduces costs, right now I have migrated to Netduino Plus 2 successfully with the modification of the operating system to support INTEROP, the problem that I have is that I must do the same for Netduino 3 WIFI and I have not found the firmware source on page http://www.netduino....3wifi/specs.htmin the option source code (open source),  Netduino 3 Wireless firmware v4.3.2 source option is disabled.

I would like your to help with the option to download Netduino 3 Wireless v4.3.2 firmware source,

I look forward for your answer and congratulations on your product.

Best regards,

Muller Pedrozo
Bytte

#88 dankline

dankline

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hi Folks.  My Netduino 3 Wifi is detected on the comm10 port, (Windows 8.1), but I can't seem to find any drivers for the device.  What are people using for the Windows drivers, and where can they be found?  If this is an issue that has a workaround, let me know.

Never mind!  I found it.  I needed to repair the install of the Netduino SDK.  THe only other step to be aware of is to retarget your existing apps to the new framework.

#89 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:00 PM

Hi Bytte,

In this moment we see that your products Netduino Plus 2 and Netduino 3 WIFI are a powerful hardware to develop new versions of our product and reduces costs, right now I have migrated to Netduino Plus 2 successfully with the modification of the operating system to support INTEROP, the problem that I have is that I must do the same for Netduino 3 WIFI and I have not found the firmware source on page http://www.netduino....3wifi/specs.htmin the option source code (open source),  Netduino 3 Wireless firmware v4.3.2 source option is disabled.

Cool. I'd love to see more (photos, videos, articles, etc.) about the cool stuff you're building with Netduino!

With the new boards and new firmware releases, we are posting source over on the new GitHub repo.

Here is the network stack source code for Netduino 3 Wi-Fi (Netduino.IP for CC3100).
https://github.com/n...duino.IP_CC3100

Welcome to the community!

Chris

#90 mupedrozo

mupedrozo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Hi Cris, thanks for your answer, I have downloaded the source code from https://github.com/netduino/netmfand I have compiled it but it shows Netduino Plus 2 (v4.3.1.0)... anyway I have compiled it with the Netduino.IP and Netduino.IP.Interop libraries but really I do not know how to make the compilation of the Microsoft.SPOT.Net...Please help me with it.. 

If I try to do the debug it I got this

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 8061de0, end 807bc88

Assembly: mscorlib (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Netduino.IP (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: Netduino.IP.Interop (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.3.1.0)

Assembly: Bytte.MorphoILV (1.0.0.1)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: System (4.3.1.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: AppTest (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: Netduino.IP.LinkLayers.CC3100 (1.0.0.0)

Resolving.

Resolve: unknown method: Microsoft.SPOT.Net.SocketNative.ioctl

Error: ff000000

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[0x2] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

And the problemt I think is because I have not ported the new Microsoft.SPOT.Net but I do not know how to do it..

Thank you, best regards,

Bytte 

#91 bgreer5050

bgreer5050

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Is there sample code in the SDK download showing how to connect provide the network with credentials or do you have to provide the credentials using MFDeploy ? 

#92 Robert Hugo

Robert Hugo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Is there any form of sharable timeframe for the UWP API availability on Netduino3?

#93 Samson

Samson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:29 PM

Chris,

Just wanted to add my late congrats on the 3 WIFI.  I have now used it on a couple of projects and have been very impressed ... more memory and the IP hybrid stack is much more stable than previous stacks.

One final note:  Please don't give up on the Mini ...

Roger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.