Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Compiling Custom Firmware. emIDE?

porting firmware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stotech

stotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:12 AM

I've been trying to learn how to port cause i want to make a netduino with more pins using the STM32F407IG. I've read for days and followed tons of guides, but can't get any cmd line compilers to run using any guide. see the following. Not sure if it's cause i'm under windows 8?

C:\Porting\NP2\NetduinoPlus2>setenv_base.cmd GCC4.7.2  c:\yagarto
Compiler: GCC4.7.2 c:\yagarto
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Porting\NP2\NetduinoPlus2>Msbuild Solutions\NetduinoPlus2\dotnetmf.proj /T:re
build /p:flavor=release;tcp_ip_stack=lwip /filelogger
'Msbuild' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Trust me it's there. But doesn't work even if i use the GCC compiler from CW2's guide. 

Then i found this program called emIDE. It was actually recommended on the yagarto site. It seems super stable and has a pretty nice gui. So i tryed compiling with that but get a couple of warnings during the build. But it doesn't seem to spit out any files? Does anyone have time to try it out. might be worth looking into a nicer gui compiler. If not I'd really appreciate any help getting started with why those other compilers weren't working.

Thanks in advance.

#2 herbsti72

herbsti72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

'Msbuild' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

This sounds like some enviroment variable is not set correctly!

if you install Visual Studio you get usually also some additional command prompts (eg. "Developer Command Prompt for VS2012").

If you run this command prompt shortcut it executes a batch file (on my computer "vcvars32.bat") which sets the correct enviroment variables to run msbuild and other tools from command line.

I guess you need to do the same before you try running some compilers...

#3 stotech

stotech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:31 AM

Thankyou. Thankyou Thankyou! your a legend, That fixed it.

#4 herbsti72

herbsti72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

You are welcome :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: porting, firmware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.