Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino 2 com ports 2 and 4 die

serial ports com

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 masterchief

masterchief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Hi All,

We have a Netduino 2 flashed to 4.2.2.

We can successfully talk over com ports 1 and 3 (PINs 0/1 and 7/8).  The talking consists of sending a continues stream of short sentence like "this is test1this is test2this is testX.....".

Over ports 2 and 4, the receiver just dies after a few iterations.

We have tried various baud rates, but in our mind - it should just work.  19200, Parity.None, 8, 1 are the typical settings.

Any advice or help?

Thanks,

Pete

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hi Pete,

Do you have a logic analyzer (to make sure that the data is actually flowing through)?

Also, did you happen to instantiate your SerialPort object in Main and then let it go out of scope by exiting the Main function?  Or something that could cause the garbage collector to clean up the object and/or its DataReceived event?

Chris

#3 masterchief

masterchief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanberra

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

I know that running COM1 and 3, with exactly the same code does have not issues.

I do not have a logic analyzer sorry.

This was also with a series of relatively simple test code harnesses written by two people independently (as you do when you want to remove all other possible reasons for the bug).

I will see if I can get access to a logic analyzer, but in the interim everything is just chatting away over COM1 (COM3 has its pin positions covered by an XBee shied) and that seems to work for now.  And yes, we removed the XBee shield in our tests!

Pete

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serial, ports, com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.