Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SPI Buffer

spi spi buffer spi word size

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 orenduino

orenduino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hi

I am using SPI to communicate with a chip.

I have seen that Microsoft provides an class&methods for 8 & 16 bits buffers/registers.

Currently, by combining an array of bytes, I can transmit any size of data I want in 8 bits packets,

the clock is freezing  and it takes some time until the next byte is loaded and transmitted (About 10%)

Is there a way to use non standard, bigger buffers/registers ? (67bits or 42bits).

Thanks

Oren

#2 orenduino

orenduino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Where/How can I find the source code of the SPI Class ? (I am programming in C#)

I cant find it in the following link (too many options)

http://netmf.codeple...eControl/latest

Thanks

Oren

#3 knut.tveitane

knut.tveitane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Hi Oren,

As you can see from your VS project, the SPI class resides in the Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware namespace. So, on the Codeplex page you should go to your version (f.ex. Client_v4_3), then under CLR and Libraries you will find SPOT_Hardware below which you will find the SPI code files.

However, note that the .Net Micro Framework is _NOT_ written in C#....

-knut

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spi, spi buffer, spi word size

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.