Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

monewwq1's Content

There have been 104 items by monewwq1 (Search limited from 17-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#18384 High Resolution Light Measurement

Posted by monewwq1 on 24 September 2011 - 11:03 PM in General Discussion

Hi Nickduino!...First off, I DO NOT want to start any other ambiguous discussion, or something like that!
I am sooooo happy that you have found satisfaction by realizing your goal.
I would only point that by using the Input Capture, you should able to reach a counting much faster. That's because it is NOT the program that counts, but the hardware itself: the program has only to read the counter value.
The Input Capture stage is also present (named as TC) in the Atmel's chips, such as the AVR and ARM (the Netduino's). By hacking the Netduino firmware you will also able to take advantage of the TC section.
However, what I wanted to say in the previous post is that the project is much faster to realize having an extra microcontroller, as your PIC.
Again, happy to read your success!
Cheers

Thank you Mario!

#18369 High Resolution Light Measurement

Posted by monewwq1 on 24 September 2011 - 03:02 PM in General Discussion

I've decided to dig in to PIC32 programming in order to get full 1Hz to 1MHz display resolution from my TSL235R light-to-frequency sensor.

#19612 Swag

Posted by monewwq1 on 23 October 2011 - 12:42 AM in General Discussion

Anyone know where I can get a netduino t-shirt?? B) I use this mcu so much I'd like to show my support. It would be a nice supplement to my Sparkfun sweatshirt.

#16391 Diffusing LEDs

Posted by monewwq1 on 06 August 2011 - 04:03 PM in General Discussion

Hi all, I am using some small LEDs for a project, and the goal is to create a small light fixture. I am trying to find a good material to use to diffuse the light from the LEDs. I have looked at theatrical gel filters, but these are flimsy and impermanent. Is there a way to use a piece of Lexan and coat it with diffusion material? If so, what diffusion material would work best? Or is there some kind of plastic like Lexan that already has a suitable diffusion coating? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#16802 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 17 August 2011 - 10:27 PM in General Discussion

I guess I'm going to be forced to try this on my own. I will let you know the outcome. :)

#16806 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 18 August 2011 - 12:14 AM in General Discussion

Yes, exactly. You can also rename one of them to something more permanent by using the Target > Configuration > USB option in MFDeploy.

For instance, you could name one "NetduinoPlus_PeanutButter" and the other "NetduinoPlus_Jelly". [Bonus: if they ever become sentient, they'll already be friends...]

Naming them is probably the best option...because them it won't matter which order they're plugged in...Visual Studio will always recognize them by their custom names.

Chris

Excellent. Thanks again, Chris.

#16777 Two Netduinos connected to single PC via USB

Posted by monewwq1 on 16 August 2011 - 11:18 PM in General Discussion

I need to deploy some C# code onto two Netduinos but each Netduino requires different code. Is it possible to connect both Netduino's, at the same time, to a single laptop via two USB ports on the laptop? In C#, will the device name change from "NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus" to NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus_1" or something so that I can select which Netduino to target?

#18445 Speed of i2c bus on Netduino

Posted by monewwq1 on 26 September 2011 - 07:01 PM in General Discussion

I'm looking at a device that runs at fast-mode 400kHz i2c. Is it possible to integrate with Netduino?

#26001 Shift Registers

Posted by monewwq1 on 27 March 2012 - 02:29 AM in General Discussion

#20433 IBM's "internet of things" protocol - PAHO

Posted by monewwq1 on 09 November 2011 - 11:06 PM in General Discussion

#16219 LiPo batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 03 August 2011 - 03:03 AM in General Discussion

Hi! I bought a 3.7v 1000mAh single cell LiPo battery and a LiPo charger/boost converter (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10300), but I don't understand how I can wire the LiPo battery to my Netduino Plus. Can I connect the LiPo battery to VIN and GND? Since I am only getting 5V from the battery, I don't think VIN and GND will work. Where do I plug in the battery to power my Netduino? Thanks! Nick

#16279 LiPo batteries

Posted by monewwq1 on 03 August 2011 - 10:23 PM in General Discussion

Thanks CW2!!

#17108 Booting Linux from Netduino Plus microSD card?

Posted by monewwq1 on 26 August 2011 - 02:36 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is it possible to boot an install of Linux with the on-board microSD card? Can I "auto-boot" Linux when the SD card powers up? I want to be able to run Linux on the microSD card so that the Netduino would basically become an MCU running Linux and I could then communicate to the Linux install from C#. Is this possible?

#16129 2gb microSD card read speed

Posted by monewwq1 on 01 August 2011 - 12:54 AM in Project Showcase

Could be a problem with the SD card... I'm re-formatting it now. I don't have a second one around to try. Perhaps the issue is more related to my code and what I am doing. I am reading a file off of the SD card via a Filestream, and then I am sending the data out onto the Netduino's UART to another device. I am sending it at 1024 bytes at a time, but I wonder if I am running into speed issues because of the fact that I'm re-assembling it for transport onto the UART. The other device also then has to process it. I'm not sure where the bottleneck is. I'd like to think it isn't my code, but that's also possible.

#16124 2gb microSD card read speed

Posted by monewwq1 on 31 July 2011 - 11:37 PM in Project Showcase

I have a 2gb microSD card that I pulled from my Blackberry and I plugged it into my Netduino Plus, and I noticed that it is very slow to read files. It is even slow when using a USB-to-microSD card reader. I am comparing to the speed of a standard USB drive. Are USB read times normally faster than microSD, or am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to read USB drives with a Netduino, i.e. with a compatible USB shield or something? I need faster read times somehow. Even a 20kb file takes too long.

#18408 Graphing in .NET

Posted by monewwq1 on 25 September 2011 - 08:55 PM in General Discussion

I guess it doesn't really have to be .Net. I've decided to use this for now: XML/SWF Charts

#18407 Graphing in .NET

Posted by monewwq1 on 25 September 2011 - 08:46 PM in General Discussion

Hi, I have some values that I would like to graph. The x-axis will be Time, and the y-axis will be a sensor reading. My sensor readings are received every 1 second on the UART of a Netduino. Is there a graphing package out there that would fit nicely with the .Net Micro Framework? I would like to display the graph via a Windows form, or via a web page. Any suggestions?

#29409 Is there a 3.3V pin on Mini?

Posted by monewwq1 on 19 May 2012 - 06:01 PM in Netduino Mini

I am converting a project from Netduino to Netduino Mini, and I have a device that requires 3.3V power. Is there a 3.3V pin on Netduino Mini so I can power this device with the Mini? Thank you

#18545 Creating an FIQ-accelerated pin

Posted by monewwq1 on 28 September 2011 - 02:15 PM in General Discussion

I've been advised that I can create a "super-interrupt" pin on the Netduino by hacking the firmware. Please see quote from Chris Walker below:

...make that pin an FIQ-accelerated pin...and then use an FIQ handler in your code to count the number of pulses. Then you can easily create a "startcount" and "StopAndGetCount" managed code method to capture the values. FIQs will activate in less than one microsecond, will supercede the .NET MF runtime and...as long as they're quick...will not interfere with your code. We're using them for software PWM in an future update of the firmware, for instance.

Chris et. al,

How do I start with getting this set up? I downloaded the .Net MF Porting Kit and the Netduino Plus firmware, and I've copied the Netduino firmware into the Porting Kit directory. Now I need to know how to modify the firmware to get this operational.

#20079 CPU Fan Control

Posted by monewwq1 on 02 November 2011 - 02:25 AM in General Discussion

Thank you for the diagram, do you by any chance have a schematic?

No sorry, that drawing is all I have.

#20073 CPU Fan Control

Posted by monewwq1 on 02 November 2011 - 01:29 AM in General Discussion

See the attached file. I use this for reference all the time. While it is an Arduino, the same wiring for the motor (or in your case the CPU brushless motor), battery/power supply, and FET applies for the Netduino. For the FET in the diagram, I use a TIP120 Darlington transistor. I usually add a ~1K resistor in line with the PWM port as well. I've controlled small 12VDC motors and CPU fans with this wiring scheme.

#20021 CPU Fan Control

Posted by monewwq1 on 31 October 2011 - 11:56 PM in General Discussion

I've controlled 12VDC CPU fans using an NPN transistor and a PWM port on the Netduino. It works fine. Edit: I am trying to find a nice diagram for you. I will upload it here once I do.

#20072 CPU Fan Control

Posted by monewwq1 on 02 November 2011 - 01:28 AM in General Discussion

File did not attach. See below reply.

#19621 Grounding/ungrounding a single wire

Posted by monewwq1 on 23 October 2011 - 02:48 AM in General Discussion

A relay works. The problem is that the relay contacts are not going to last very long if I use this method. ;) Can anyone think of any other way to do this?

Netduino touches my iPad. :)

See video action here: Netduino triggers iPad Drums. The ticking sound is not a metronome- :) it is the 9vdc relay I'm using to open and close the Ground.

I also notice that if I increase the speed, sometimes it misses hits on the touchscreen. Does anyone know why? Other than the anti-static foam, should I use other materials to get a more reliable contact?

#19619 Grounding/ungrounding a single wire

Posted by monewwq1 on 23 October 2011 - 02:00 AM in General Discussion

Darrin, I tried OutputPort, and nothing. I tried TriStatePort, and it triggered a couple of times, but not reliably. I'm going to try a relay now. Thanks, Nick

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.