Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Illishar's Content

There have been 146 items by Illishar (Search limited from 04-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8977 OneWire ALPHA

Posted by Illishar on 04 February 2011 - 08:32 AM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Uh, I've never seen this post before. Nice work CW2. Edit: You haven't attached your source, I see? ;p

#8380 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 25 January 2011 - 08:11 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you wait a few days Casper, I'll post a Blinking sample for you. (I was going to do so anyway.) If I can make it work ...

#8379 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 25 January 2011 - 08:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Actually I've already posted the link in this thread. But I can post it again: http://www.atmel.com...sp?tool_id=3759

#8544 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 27 January 2011 - 09:16 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Casper, I've posted a small native sample here: http://forums.netdui...kingled-native/

#8276 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 24 January 2011 - 09:50 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Chris, maybe you should create new main thread for FreeRTOS? We could post some tutorials, tested samples etc. in there.

#8793 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 01 February 2011 - 08:12 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ottawa, I had the same experience. However, the lwIP sample from the Atmel driver package seems to work fine. Perhaps it would be easy to strip the FreeRTOS and insert the Atmel lwIP instead. ... or perhaps not. Both the lwIP and the uIP samples are rather obscure.

#9321 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 11 February 2011 - 12:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Cool

#8880 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 02 February 2011 - 01:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Very interesting. Did you also make it support 'connect ethernet after startup'?

#8275 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 24 January 2011 - 09:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

What compiler are you using teacop? Codesourcery? Which version?

#8660 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 29 January 2011 - 08:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I thought something like what the original post said would be clever: "Netduino without a .Net"

Heh, yeah. Catchy.

Or perhaps just something (boring but descriptive) like "Native development".

#8281 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 24 January 2011 - 10:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Did you know btw, that FreeRTOS also come in a SIL3 approved version? SafeRTOS. Functional safety. IEC61508. Very important stuff. Very interesting. I wonder what TÜV SÜD would think of the Netduino hw ...

#8274 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 24 January 2011 - 09:46 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Personally I plan on playing with FreeRTOS and the atmel driver package: http://www.atmel.com...sp?tool_id=3759 It'd be interesting to see how many of the samples I could make work. I'm also considering whether I should buy the AT91SAM7X-EK or not. This is the sample list: Project Description =================================================================================================================== basic-adc-project Voltage acquisition demonstration basic-can-project Demonstrates usage of the Controller Area Network (CAN) peripheral. basic-dataflash-project Performs erase, read and write operations on the dataflash connected to the evaluation kit. basic-dhrystone-project Computes the number of dhrystone per seconds that the chip can generate under different configurations. basic-emac-lwip-project Webserver example using the lwIP library. basic-emac-project Enables the device to respond to ICMP ECHO requests sent on the network. basic-emac-uip-helloworld-project Webserver and telnet examples using the UIP library. basic-emac-uip-telnetd-project Webserver and telnet examples using the UIP library. basic-emac-uip-webserver-project Webserver and telnet examples using the UIP library. basic-internalflash-project Demonstrates the features of the Embedded Flash Controller (EFC/EEFC). basic-iso7816-project Sends ISO 7816 commands to a smartcard connected to the evaluation kits. basic-microcanopen-project Demo based on Open Source of the Controller Area Network (CAN) peripheral: Microcanopen basic-pwm-project Makes one or more LEDs glow using a PWM signal. basic-rtt-project Demonstrates basic usage of the Real-Time Timer (RTT) peripheral. basic-sd-spi-project Performs read and write tests on a SD card connected to the evaluation board through SPI. basic-serialflash-project Performs erase, read and write operations on an external Serial Firmware Dataflash chip connected to the board. basic-twi-eeprom-project Reads and writes an external TWI serial EEPROM. basic-usart-hw-handshaking-project Regulates the speed of a USART file transfer using RTS/CTS hardware handshaking. getting-started-project Details basic operations with AT91SAM device usb-device-ccid-project This example implements a CCID driver. usb-device-cdc-serial-project This software acts as a bridge between a USB and USART connections. A virtual COM port is created on the host computer, enabling simple communication over the USB. usb-device-composite-cdchid-project This example shows a composite with CDC serial and HID keyboard integrated. usb-device-composite-cdcmsd-project This example shows a composite with CDC serial and Mass storage integrated. usb-device-composite-hidmsd-project This example shows a composite with HID keyboard and Mass storage integrated. usb-device-core-project This example shows a basic USB application which only performs the enumeration step, so the host computer detects a new USB device. usb-device-hid-keyboard-project Creates an USB keyboard using the evaluation kit, enabling the user to type in characters and special keys (such as shift or num. lock) by pushing buttons. usb-device-hid-mouse-project Creates an USB mouse using the evaluation kit, enabling the user to move cursor with Joystick. usb-device-hid-transfer-project Creates an HID compatible device using the evaluation kit, enabling the user to do customized transfers via some PC program. usb-device-massstorage-project Creates USB Mass Storage drives using internal and external memories of the evaluation kit. =================================================================================================================== Juicy right?

#8273 FreeRTOS

Posted by Illishar on 24 January 2011 - 09:37 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Heh, I was actually planning on writing a post just like this :P Haven't got around to compile it yet though. I was planning on taking a look at the lwIP demo: http://www.freertos....tsam7xlwIP.html

#6122 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 03:49 PM in General Discussion

Hm, most likely I only need 2 bytes of storage. (A few extra wouldn't hurt though.) An eeprom seems somewhat overkill when we got 512kb permanent storage. :-/ But fair enough.

#6117 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 12:39 PM in General Discussion

Actually I think that EWR *is* the best answer. (I'll create a new post with the IP question.)

#6115 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 11:24 AM in General Discussion

I may have found some of the answer. ExtendedWeakReferences! There's a sample in the SDK. Or what? Anyone got experience in this area?

#6123 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 03:53 PM in General Discussion

Perhaps I could recompile the tinyclr (with a RVDS compiler) and discard some of the unneeded stuff in return for EWR ... Hmmm

#6114 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 10:57 AM in General Discussion

Hello there, Is there a way to save/commit/write your own custom settings on the Netduinos? Eg. if you have a value (set by the user) and you would like to keep it after reboot. I would like to do this, without using a SD card. The deployed app is written to the permanent (internal) flash, so it *is* possible somehow. But how? Theoreticly I could just avoid initializing my variables and the last written value would still be there. Or perhaps that's not the way it works? In the same area: Is there a way to write to the static IP settings etc. on the N+? (Without using the MFDeploy ofc.)

#6125 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 15 December 2010 - 04:32 PM in General Discussion

This is interesting, if you open the N+ fw source, the DataStorage (EWR) is already included. I think I'll test it ... tomorrow.

#6251 Save Custom Settings

Posted by Illishar on 19 December 2010 - 02:01 PM in General Discussion

Option 3 sounds really interesting. 8k is a lot. Plenty space for both system settings and a few custom settings. And it sounds like it's less costly that EWR. And I didn't knew that the EnableStaticIP would commit to flash. Very nice! (Although one could've wished for a better name perhaps.)

#9507 Runtime Native Code Interop

Posted by Illishar on 14 February 2011 - 08:07 AM in General Discussion

This is a great thread! I've been working with this subject for some time now :) Btw in regards to the ARM/THUMB issue. From what I've read, ARM codes can be compiled as PIC/PIE. THUMB cannot. (Might be worth considering.) If you cannot compile the code as position independent, you'd have to preallocate a fixed size flash area for the potiential native code. (Would still be worth it.)

#9541 Runtime Native Code Interop

Posted by Illishar on 14 February 2011 - 06:18 PM in General Discussion

Can you provide more detail about what you're referring to or post a URL to what you were reading?

The following is not one of my 'readings' but it does hint at the issue: http://infocenter.ar...aqs/ka3698.html

It also states however that it *is* possible to create pic. Both with THUMB and ARM. And it gives away that the RVDS compiler has solved the issue.
We however, have to make it work with GNU. I'll see if I can dig up my other source.

#9510 Software reset

Posted by Illishar on 14 February 2011 - 08:19 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

And the watchdog is really easy to create with "runtime interop" btw. (And rather well suited.) Just tell me and I'll throw it up for you! :P

#8054 Software reset

Posted by Illishar on 21 January 2011 - 08:45 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Especially if the board is a bit buggy ^^. "another .NET MF chip support package for another project" also sounds very interesting though. I'd rather see that one first.

#8992 12-Bit ADC Measurement using MCP320X chips and SPI

Posted by Illishar on 04 February 2011 - 01:01 PM in Project Showcase

The samplerate will be 20Kz in the project i'm doing. Is that a problem for the Netduino?

20k Hz might be a bit much for netmf. You'd most likely have to implement a native driver at least. (I'm sampling at 25k Hz in native code though.)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.