Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

NetduinoBlinkingLED (Native)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hello there, I've made a small native sample for you. A blinking LED sample. If you want to toy around with native Netduino solutions or if you want some education in bare-metal arm development, this could be a good starting point. - The sample is based upon the 'Getting Started' documentation from Atmel: http://www.atmel.com...sp?tool_id=3759 - It utilises the Atmel driver package. (Which also includes a lot more than just 'Toggle LED') - It's compiled with the CodeSourcery Lite 4.5. (Also tested with the YAGARTO 4.5) - It uses a make file for the compiler setup. - I've also set up an Eclipse project to contain it. - I've used the SAM-BA to flash it - Besides the LED it also demonstrates the PIT timer and the uart0. (It will write out debug messages on uart0 if you have it connected.) - It has rather few lines of code. Good for starters. For help on how to flash, take a look at OZ video: http://forums.netdui...ndpost__p__5759

Attached Files

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

Very cool, Illishar. Thanks for putting this together, and for sharing it! I know quite a few people who will find this extremely useful. Chris

#3 Casper

Casper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Very useful and informative, thanks!

#4 Firegun

Firegun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Awesome! It rly made me feel like I rly can archive my dreams on native coding :) Bro, do you have done more on this effort? I´ve been experimenting with the samples provided for the at91sam7x-ek and thinking we (netduino community) should not overlook this other aspect of this great toy :), I saw in the sources the files that defines the addresses of the at91sam7x-ek board stuff. Couldn´t we get a netduino-plus one? I`m working in this possibility, idk if I was able to explain well what I´m doing (sorry for my english too), but I rly want to get some kind of organized code for native projects, using the at91lib (other question, what version u working? the 1.5 one?). Btw, as I sad in other post, I´m using netbeans and yagarto to get it working :)

#5 monewwq1

monewwq1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

I thought we need $6000.00 tool to compile native code. What exact hardware and software is required to do this? Can someone please provide a bulleted list?

#6 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

You need the expensive tool if you want to fit netduino plus firmware onto the netduino plus, which you asked about. You don't need it for the "regular" netduino, which he uses. Illishar already detailed the software you need, hardware, is, well ...

• A computer
  • A netduino
  • A USB cable
  • A piece of wire

I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

#7 Firegun

Firegun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

I thought we need $6000.00 tool to compile native code. What exact hardware and software is required to do this? Can someone please provide a bulleted list?

I´ve used the code provided here in this post, and even code from the Atmel website for the at91sam7x-ek (where this code comes from), and free software, I see some ppl using Eclipse for IDE, I prefer Netbeans, this don´t rly cares, the compiler I´ve used Yagarto, Illishar used CodeSourcery Lite, both are free compilers. I think the damn expensive compiler are for super optimized compiling, but I´m a noob on all this... take Stefan comment as a solid advise ^^

You need the expensive tool if you want to fit netduino plus firmware onto the netduino plus, which you asked about. You don't need it for the "regular" netduino, which he uses. Illishar already detailed the software you need, hardware, is, well ...

• A computer
  • A netduino
  • A USB cable
  • A piece of wire

Yeah, pretty much, the only thing I think may need a bit of clarification is on the "reset" process... you don´t need any special hardware, when u put 3.3v on the reset pad, and restart the netduino, it will boot from it´s ROM and u will be able to use the SAM-BA software to upload the native code then. You will not be able to do that before u use the reset pad.

I had another problem I think most of ppl will not have, but maybe some1 can be having that too, the Lego Mindstorms NXT uses a pretty similar CPU then the Netduino, I had some driver installed (phanton driver I belive) on my PC for it, and when I´ve used the reset, my PC recognized the Netduino as "NXT Firmware Update Mode", I had to uninstall the driver before I could use the SAM-BA.

Edited by Firegun, 13 October 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#8 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, pretty much, the only thing I think may need a bit of clarification is on the "reset" process... you don´t need any special hardware, when u put 3.3v on the reset pad, and restart the netduino, it will boot from it´s room and u will be able to use the SAM-BA software to upload the native code then. You will not be able to do that before u use the reset pad.

That's what the piece of wire is for ;)

To clarify my previous post - you don't need a special compiler to put any native code on the netduino plus - if you program it "from scratch", you'll have plenty of room. But if you want to modify the netduino plus firmware, you run into space issues unless you use a compiler that is very good at optimizing for space.
I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.