skobyjay's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

skobyjay's Content

There have been 53 items by skobyjay (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43639 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 18 January 2013 - 02:44 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

nah, y

According to the WiFly User Manual, the WiFly module supports FTP out of the box.  Is that not the case?

Looks like you basically set up an ftp connection using the "set ftp *" commands, and then wait for a connection. They probably use PASV transfers so they only need one connection.

I'm going to be needing this functionality for my project so I had planned on adding support for it to the WiFlyGSX class at some point.  If I'm wrong and it doesn't support it, I'm really screwed...

nah, you can always code around that FTP limitation using HTTP

#43611 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Correction : If you are using 2 threads the http request, shouldn't block the data logging.

#43658 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 18 January 2013 - 02:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I don't have a WiFly Module to test this for you and don't have a WiFly help guide but I agree you are half way there. I responded on your memory leak thread post. Just throwing a few ideas out there. Let me know if it helps.

#43610 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry if I'm over simplifying this. I'm new to hardware development, but have built lots of sftp applications in the past as console apps, why don't you have one thread logging the data into various files on the sd card, and have another watching that directory for new files to process every 5 minutes. use the method you used or originally but have it parse and upload the file contents, when successful delete or rename the file so it isn't processed again and set a time out for the http request about 10 secs, this way if the timeout occurs the time out doesn't hold up data logging. Then when you have no Wifi, nothing is lost and will be uploaded as the Wifi connection is reestablished.

#43570 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 02:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Have you tried to reference a file already on your SD card? with something like

string file = @"/SD/myfile.txt";            if(File.Exists(file)            {                 sendCommand("STOR " + file);            }

#43659 WiFly FTP

Posted by skobyjay on 18 January 2013 - 02:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

http://msdn.microsof...e/hh852591.aspx

What you are trying to accomplish reminded me of an MSDN Magazine article I read. They are doing something similar with regular HTTP request and response objects each second. I found the article online (the link above. )

#43575 Shield Base Firmware (beta 5)

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM in Netduino Go

FLASHING WAS SUCCESSFUL. !!!

#43225 Setting System Time

Posted by skobyjay on 12 January 2013 - 05:18 PM in Netduino Go

Great, thanks for the responses. I will try to see if I was missing something when trying to reuse the Netduino Plus code in my Go! application.

#43139 Setting System Time

Posted by skobyjay on 11 January 2013 - 05:20 AM in Netduino Go

Hello,

I just received my netduino, during a debugging session when I stepped into an interrupt port event, I noticed that the DateTime argument in that event was June 11, 2011. Is there a way to set this on the GO? I have found examples of how to do this on the Plus but haven't been able to find how to for the GO.

Thanks.

#43339 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 10:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

sure enough! thanks for pointing that out!! that was the issue.

I'm getting back "OK" now! hopefully this will be the last of my woes. I appreciate it fellows!

#43301 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 08:09 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I have communicated with devices in the past via .net and serial port communication, I'm working on communicating with this GRPS shield and trying to follow the instructions at http://www.seeedstud...re_installation I'm not having any luck communicating with the shield over serial. The device is powered, and per the instructions is connecting to the GSM network. I can control the device via pin 9 and power on and off in my application.

When I try to use the driver at http://netduino2seed...ew/19515#311098 and when I try to simply communicate to get an "OK" back from the shield i'm not having any luck. Based on the information in the shields WIKI I would expect to get an "OK" back based on my AT Command of "AT+CMGF=1r"

My jumpers are like the below here.

Posted Image

To simplify things, I ended up just trying to write it myself below(source code below), does anyone have ideas?

public static string output = "";        static SerialPort serialPort;        public static void Main()        {                        // write your code here            string portName = SerialPorts.COM1;            int baudRate = 19200;            Parity parity = Parity.Odd;            int dataBits = 8;            StopBits stopBits = StopBits.One;                        serialPort = new SerialPort(portName, baudRate, parity, dataBits, stopBits);            serialPort.Open();            System.Text.UTF8Encoding encoder = new System.Text.UTF8Encoding();            byte[] bytesToSend = encoder.GetBytes("AT+CMGF=1r");            serialPort.Write(bytesToSend, 0, bytesToSend.Length);            serialPort.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(serialPort_DataReceived);            while (true)            {                     Thread.Sleep(100); // wait a bit so we get a few bytes at a time...            }        }        static void serialPort_DataReceived(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)        {            byte[] bufferData = new byte[20];            serialPort.Read(bufferData, 0, 20);            char[] charArray = System.Text.UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(bufferData);            for (int i = 0; i < charArray.Length - 1; i++)            {                if (charArray[i].ToString() == "r")                {                    //output += charArray[i];                    Debug.Print(output);                    output = "";                }                else                {                    output += charArray[i];                }            }        }     

#43314 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 08:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. I got my first response, and they appear to be steady now. I switched the jumpers to hardware and it looks like that was it. I guess the other configure is for a USB=>TTL configuration I suppose. (not sure)

Oh and thanks for the "ATr" information, I'll be using that as a health check. I'm a newb to hardware, I have only been a software guy before so this is a new game for me. I really appreciate it!

#43323 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:15 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I"m not sure but I think encoding is off. My response from "ATr" is "AU¨" not sure what that is.. :mellow:

#43335 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:54 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

My baud is 19200 which is what the data sheet shows. I'm getting back responses, I never received "OK" I think that must be what AU is and the conversion of the bytes is wrong. Here is what I"m getting back. I'm not sure what this is, when I try to execute an "ATD" dial command my byte array is attached.

Command Sent : AT

Recieved : AU¨

Recieved : j5

I"m receving a byte array of 85,168,10,106,53,10. when I try to send the ATD command. I'm not sure if that is an error or not.

#43336 Serial Communication

Posted by skobyjay on 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Here is what I see in my debug window from the ATD command.

Command Sent : ATD+0014053615260;

Recieved : A­0Š4ª3Sª2Ú

¡j5

#43224 Netduino RS232

Posted by skobyjay on 12 January 2013 - 05:08 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I know this is an old thread but I came across it just now as I was trying to get RS232 up and running on my Netduino.

If you're looking for a really cheap board to do the conversion from TTL (3V) to RS232 you could try this one from Futurlec which is only $4.90 and is working fine with my Netduino.

- Adam

can you post a picture of how to wire the TTL (3V) to RS232 board to the netduino?

#43576 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 04:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

Just Curious, the link in your original post NetduinoPlus2_Firmware_4.2.2.0.zip " why isn't that link on your "downloads" page on the main site? or are they located somewhere else? Also where is your codeplex URL? Also I think it would be helpful (for noobs like me anyway) if there was a "posted" date in parenthesis on the firmware source page.

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

#43574 Netduino Go Firmware v4.2.2

Posted by skobyjay on 17 January 2013 - 03:42 AM in Netduino Go

Version: 4.2.2 (version 4.2.2.0) This firmware requires use of the .NET Micro Framework v4.2 SDK (QFE2) and Netduino 4.2.2.0+ SDK. Note: The USB device name for Netduino Go has changed from "NetduinoGo" to "Netduino" with this release. This permanent change enables Netduino Go to become more code-compatible with Netduino and Netduino Plus 2. Please update the deployment transport in "Project Properties > .NET Micro Framework" (by changing from "USB" to "Serial" and back to "USB"). With this firmware, you will have the following resources available for your code: 384KB Flash 100KB+ RAM This firmware includes the following updates: 1. Netduino Go USB Name is now "Netduino", for enhanced compatibility with traditional Netduino projects 2. COM1 (shieldBase.SerialPorts.COM1) is now available for use on Shield Base 3. Now compatible with legacy SecretLabs AnalogInput and PWM classes (requires 4.2.2 SDK) 4. New: more reliable rebooting during deployment This update also includes the previous updates: 1. Pushbutton now works as reset button (unless used as GPIO) 3. Bug fix: flash deployment should now work consistently 4. Bug fixes: to support Ambient Light, SD Card, and Ethernet modules 5. 4.2.1 SDK: RgbLed.SetColor(...) now supports arguments of type 'double'. 6. New GoBus feature: SerialPort support (COM2/COM3 on Shield Base) 7. New GoBus feature: SPI support (SPI1 on Shield Base) 8. New GoBus feature: InterruptPort (pins D0, D2-D13 on Shield Base) 9. GoBus enhancement: GoBus packets can now span multiple frames 10. GoBus bug fix: single-frame window now enforced for asynchronous events 11. Added preliminary support for GoBus 1.5 beta 12. GoBus 1.5 now supports Virtual I/O from any thread (including events) To find the current version of your Netduino firmware: 1. Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Microsoft .NET Micro Framework 4.2 > Tools 2. Run MFDeploy.exe. Be careful to run MFDeploy.exe and not MFDeploy.exe.config (as file extensions are hidden by default) 3. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a Micro USB cable. 4. In the Device section at top, select USB instead of Serial. Your Netduino should appear in the drop-down; if not, select it. 5. Select the Target menu, Device Capabilities option. 6. In the output box, find the "SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion" value. This is your firmware version. To flash this firmware: 1. Detach your Netduino 2. Press and hold your Netduino's pushbutton while plugging it in via USB; this will put it in bootloader mode. 3. Erase the firmware on your Netduino using the STDFU Tester application > a. Select the "Protocol" tab > b. Press the "Create from Map" button > c. Select the "Erase" radio button option > d. Press the "Go" button > e. Wait for erase process to complete 4. Flash the attached .DFU file using the ST DfuSe Demonstrator application (included with STDFU Tester) > a. Locate the "Upgrade or Verify Action" pane (bottom-right pane) > b. Press "Choose..." and select the attached DFU file > c. Check the "Verify after download" option > d. Press "Upgrade". It will take a few minutes to update your Netduino. > e. Detach and reattach your Netduino (power cycle) or press "Leave DFU mode" Enjoy, and please let us know if you run into any troubles. Chris

I was nervous, worked like a charm. Thanks Chris.

#44069 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 24 January 2013 - 01:44 AM in Project Showcase

Cool Thanks. Markus. This should get me started.

#44149 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 25 January 2013 - 01:14 AM in Project Showcase

Hmm, i guess i can try to do that. The only issue is that when I do that I get errors when trying to add methods like below.

Server WebServer = new Server(80);

WebServer.AddResponse(

new JSONResponse("getsettings", new JSONResponseCheck(WebServerMethods.GetSettings)));

#43771 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 09:23 PM in Project Showcase

I've started with a clean version of NeonMika Webserver. I've made the appropriate changes to run on the Netduino Plus 2 and have deployed and tested it on the Netduino Plus 2.

You can download the modified project from this DropBox Link (sorry was too big to post here).

you're the man! thanks again Dave!

#43987 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:47 AM in Project Showcase

Does anyone have an example of sending and receiving Json? It looks like its implemented but I don't see any examples of how to fully implement.

#44145 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM in Project Showcase

Okay, I have found that if I use NeonMika.WebServer.DLL everything launchs okay. If I use NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver.DLL I get the messages below and the project fails to start. What am I doing wrong or not doing? I have added my simple test project here.

http://betterbuiltco...MF) version.zip

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 806a3f8, end 808450c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.2.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.2.0.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: JSONLib (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: TestNeonMikaServer (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

?

Assembly: NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'Services' (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: TestNeonMikaServer (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver' (1.0.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[4] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

#44011 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM in Project Showcase

Thank Dave , I'll have a look this evening.

#44204 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 26 January 2013 - 01:48 AM in Project Showcase

Cool, thanks Marcus. I appreciate the help

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.