Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nakchak's Content

There have been 164 items by nakchak (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#33930 How can I distribute a binary file and have people load it?

Posted by nakchak on 20 August 2012 - 06:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You can use mfdeploy to save the current deployed firmware as a hex file from memory its in the file menu nak.

#33946 Site might as well say "Don't use Netduino"

Posted by nakchak on 20 August 2012 - 02:58 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The only thing i could add is maybe secret labs should have a blog on the homepage, so that developments, news, and cool projects can be highlighted. Maybe some sort of vision statement or state of affairs message could be posted, so that well secret labs appears less secretive to people who casually look at the site and/or dont trawl through the forums or hang out in chat? Nak.

#33999 SD card write times

Posted by nakchak on 21 August 2012 - 12:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Could well be a limitation of the FAT file system, seem to remember 10000 was the upper limit of files a folder could support, A quick fix to see if the problem is caused by sheer number of files would be to to create and write to a new folder every 1000 writes, i suspect this may be the root cause of your performance bottle neck, if nothing else the FS has to enumerate files so the less files it has to enumerate per folder the quicker it should be. As for fragmentation, highly unlikely as its not a spinning disk most flash based storage writes in continuous contiguous chunks. Nak.

#34003 Netduino Plus Firmware v4.2.0

Posted by nakchak on 21 August 2012 - 12:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Revised: It worked if I moved to another USB port (??!?!).

After SAM-BA has detected the USB driver and I've selected at91sam7x512-ek and then click "Connect", SAM-BA pops up "Error in startup script" "Error h_handle returned zero" etc.

I'm using Windows 7 64, .NET 4.2 and SDK 4.2.

Any idea what could cause this to happen?

Cheers,
Anders

Hi Anders

Are you using SAM-BA 2.12 fixes some issues with x64 os's...
Also are you using the driver in "drv" folder where you installed sam-ba too or the generic GPS camera driver that windows update discovers, try uninstalling the driver in device manager and manually installing the Atmel driver?
Finally have you erased your ND (3.3v to the gold erase pad) before you try and connect with sam-ba?

Nak.

#34012 DK_LM3S9D96 Net MF port

Posted by nakchak on 21 August 2012 - 02:41 PM in General Discussion

Thats pretty cool, nice looking dev board :) Nak.

#34026 Mini Upgrade Woes

Posted by nakchak on 21 August 2012 - 05:17 PM in Netduino Mini

I think in bootloader mode mfdeploy asks if you want to erase firmware or deployment (or both as it uses checkboxs) Nak.

#34072 Seven Segment Display Module

Posted by nakchak on 22 August 2012 - 11:30 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Matt In the past i have always used an led to indicate overflow, but i guess thats not an option with the current display design, that said could you illuminate one of the decimal points to indicate overflow? Nak.

#34098 More GoBus news: DIP chips for STM8S modules

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 12:16 PM in Netduino Go

Sweet will have to get myself a few of those :D Nak.

#34099 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:03 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Supra

TX from the GO goes to RX on the on the module and vice versa, admittedly its confusing but if you look at the go schematic you will see pin 4 is TX on the go, so pin 4 on the module would be RX.

i.e. the transmission (tx) from the go on pin 4 is received (rx) on pin 4 of the module, whilst the module transmits on pin 5 and is received by the go on pin 5.

You find the TX to RX naming/wiring convention being used in lots of 2 wire/channel transmission protocols, such as RS232, MIDI, DMX (i think) etc. etc.

It can also help to think of TX = out and RX = in, and that you need to go out to come in

Hope that helps

Nak.

#34102 do I need the netduino,netduino plus or arduino?

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:38 PM in General Discussion

Hi FOXD To do this with a Netduino you would need a Netduino plus, as it has a built in ethernet socket and a sd card slot. There are a variety of webserver projects posted here on the forums which would do for your needs, as for the ui you should be able to create something like what you want using jquery ui.. You would also want a 2Gb micro sd card (not sdhc) to store the assets of your webpage on so that the nd+ can read and serve them Programming languages would be c# for vb.net for the netduino, and html and JavaScript for the web ui. Nak.

#34103 4.2 MF Deploy Erasing Firmware

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 01:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi KevinR

Did you remember to put the board into boot loader mode (by holding down the button and power cycling the ND?) before you tried to set the network details?

In order for the change to winusb drivers to work with 4.2, the process of changing network settings has had to change, so the old 4.1 way where it didn't matter if you were in tinyclr or the boot loader to set the network up no longer works.

I also had fun and games getting network settings to stick and similar symptoms to the ones you described above until ire-read the flashing instructions.

After flashing, to set your network settings using MFDeploy.
a. Start your Netduino Plus in TinyBooter mode by holding the pushbutton while plugging it into your PC using a MicroUSB cable.
b. Select the Target > Configuration > Networking menu. Re-enter your IP address settings and MAC address.
c. Detach and reattach your Netduino Plus (power cycle)

Nak.

#34109 issues with added system.http reference

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 03:31 PM in General Discussion

I can already confirm that mac address has been erased to 000000000000 and i haven't put back the right one...
I know...it's bad ;-)

Please be aware that the process to set MAC addresses has changed slightly for 4.2 from 4.1.

You must enter boot loader mode to set the MAC via mfdeploy now, full instructions here specifically:

After flashing, to set your network settings using MFDeploy.
a. Start your Netduino Plus in TinyBooter mode by holding the pushbutton while plugging it into your PC using a MicroUSB cable.
b. Select the Target > Configuration > Networking menu. Re-enter your IP address settings and MAC address.
c. Detach and reattach your Netduino Plus (power cycle)

Nak.

#34111 System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener missing

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 04:52 PM in Visual Studio

HHello.

System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener class, not on. NETMF 4.1

I've been trying to find this kind, or an alternative to be used. NETF.

someone else has had this problem?

greetings.

Hi edbrik

Have you tried using the
Socket.Listen()
method?

That's pretty much it AFAIK for socket listeners in netmf, also their is no async versions of the standard socket .net api (again AFAIK).

Nak.

#34119 PWN classes after 4.2 firmware upgrade

Posted by nakchak on 23 August 2012 - 09:13 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

But the SecretLabs.NET.Hardware.PWM.dll is NOT compatible with the RC5 ( the version before the official release).

I have this code, and the behavior is much different.

Hi Ellen

The 4.2 release is based on Netmf 4.2 QFE2, where as 4.2 RC5 is based upon netmf 4.2 QFE1, there is considerable differences between QFE1 and QFE2, so unfortunately you cant mix and match, between rc5 and 4.2.

Nak.

#34136 More GoBus news: DIP chips for STM8S modules

Posted by nakchak on 24 August 2012 - 07:28 AM in Netduino Go

Will we be ordering the STM8S105K4B6 5-packs direct from Secret Labs, or through the regular distributors?

Also: Do you have any plans to do something similar for a through-hole version of the 10 pin 1.27mm IDC sockets (http://au.mouser.com...kTNcJ8wnslDRg==)? Mouser has them but you have to buy 990 at once :-)

Depends how many you wanted, but i managed to get a few as free samples from samtec, so icould prototype some modules. You need to use the part builder on the site to build this code SHF-105-01-L-D-TH

Nak.

#34158 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 24 August 2012 - 04:42 PM in Netduino Go

i have found solder with a diameter of 0.5mm or below works well. If you can get hold of the really thin .3mm solder without buying a whole spool (its quite pricey) then do so you will not regret it :-) Nak.

#34174 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 24 August 2012 - 07:30 PM in Netduino Go

Any chance of getting the Eagle part for the two headers published as a library? Either that or a pointer to the part name and library would help - I've not been able to find the part in Eagle's libraries.

Regards,
Mark

Im currently building a netduino library for design spark
Currently contains:
  • Shield headers (at correct spacing)
  • STM32F4
  • STM32F0
  • STM8S (will add dip varient as well)
  • Go sockets
  • Handful of common components
Its not eagle i know, but i have used pulsonix (which shares the same core) in the past, and its free with no layer or pad limit.
Any way i was considering porting the lib to Eagle and Kicad as well, if there is enough interest i will see what i can do.

Nak.

#34177 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 24 August 2012 - 09:09 PM in Netduino Go

sure I will finish it up tonight and post a link when done :)

#34195 More GoBus news: through-hole GoPort IDC Headers

Posted by nakchak on 25 August 2012 - 11:03 AM in Netduino Go

What's type of GO! Sockets?Posted Image

It is called SUX socket?Posted Image

Technically speaking a Go (or Gadgeteer) socket is just a 0.05" (1.27mm) pitch header i.e. a grid of pins with 0.05" between centers, nothing special, just pretty damn hard (impossible) to find in small quantities at a reasonable price, other than as engineering samples which is not a viable option if you need more than 10 of them.

Nak.

#34292 Firmware update issue / VS issue

Posted by nakchak on 27 August 2012 - 06:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

have you uninstalled the previous sdk's and installed the latest SDK? Nak.

#34301 Seems to be stuck in "tinybooter" mode

Posted by nakchak on 27 August 2012 - 07:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have had this happen if I have tried to set nework settings in tinyclr mode, as stated reflashing seems to fix everything Nak.

#34319 Confused About Licensing

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 09:27 AM in General Discussion

Hi Grant

First of all the netduino hardware itself is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License which AFAIK has no commercial restrictions.

As for the framework and libs provided by Secret Labs they are using an Apache license again AFAIK with no commercial covenants.

As for forum submitted content they are licensed under a Creative Commons Share Alike license as well, so again you should be ok from a commercial point of view.

The (somewhat hidden) legal page has a few more details here.

I know there are several commercial products using ND+'s (I work on one myself) but I guess if in doubt get legal advice.

Nak.

#34321 Access WCF REST service through Netduino plus

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 11:23 AM in Visual Studio

Have you tried using the HTTP client in the Netmf Toolbox?

I have used that with great success to communicate with WCF, and other rest based web services (Created a big red button which when pressed created a DNS entry using the Rackspace Cloud DNS API, so the boss could feel important on go live day ;))

Nak.

#34323 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by nakchak on 28 August 2012 - 01:09 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Gomore These are really good and under $200 http://www.saleae.com/logic/ I have one of these http://www.ikalogic....s/scanalogic-2/ and find it to be invaluable and it was pretty cheap as well < $60 As for the CS line are you using the SPI object or still trying to bit bang the interface? Bitbanging will probably be to slow but if you take the command and control logic out of the arduino code and use it in C# with the spi objects it "should" just work... Nak.

#34361 power

Posted by nakchak on 29 August 2012 - 08:54 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Kylin As long as the voltage of your power supply does not exceed 12v then pretty much any current PSU can be used. As (roughly speaking) unless you have a short on the board the ND will only draw as much current as it needs. Nak.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.