Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

skobyjay's Content

There have been 53 items by skobyjay (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44204 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 26 January 2013 - 01:48 AM in Project Showcase

Cool, thanks Marcus. I appreciate the help

#44150 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 25 January 2013 - 01:27 AM in Project Showcase

I went ahead and added the WebServer NET MF project to my solution, first time I got the project to launch, I'm not sure how thats different but this MF stuff is very humbling... :mellow:

#44149 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 25 January 2013 - 01:14 AM in Project Showcase

Hmm, i guess i can try to do that. The only issue is that when I do that I get errors when trying to add methods like below.

Server WebServer = new Server(80);

WebServer.AddResponse(

new JSONResponse("getsettings", new JSONResponseCheck(WebServerMethods.GetSettings)));

#44145 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM in Project Showcase

Okay, I have found that if I use NeonMika.WebServer.DLL everything launchs okay. If I use NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver.DLL I get the messages below and the project fails to start. What am I doing wrong or not doing? I have added my simple test project here.

http://betterbuiltco...MF) version.zip

Found debugger!

Create TS.

Loading start at 806a3f8, end 808450c

Assembly: mscorlib (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Native (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Net (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.SerialPort (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: System.IO (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.PWM (4.2.0.1)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Usb (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Diagnostics (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino (4.2.1.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.OneWire (4.2.0.0)

Assembly: Microsoft.SPOT.Time (4.2.0.0)

Loading Deployment Assemblies.

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: JSONLib (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: TestNeonMikaServer (1.0.0.0)

Attaching deployed file.

Assembly: SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware (4.2.0.0)

Resolving.

Link failure: some assembly references cannot be resolved!!

?

Assembly: NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'Services' (1.0.0.0)

Assembly: TestNeonMikaServer (1.0.0.0) needs assembly 'NeonMika.NETMF.Webserver' (1.0.0.0)

Error: a3000000

Waiting for debug commands...

The program '[4] Micro Framework application: Managed' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

#44069 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 24 January 2013 - 01:44 AM in Project Showcase

Cool Thanks. Markus. This should get me started.

#44039 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 08:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

By implement Idisposable I mean can you wrap it with a using statement like you do with the filestream object? Did you try to use a simple string array with only the size that you need rather than using array list? I think this should reduce memory used. Because array list is built on a basic array and a basic array only has memory allocated for the size it needs to be rather than having to grow dynamically with each add.

#44011 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM in Project Showcase

Thank Dave , I'll have a look this evening.

#43994 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Nevermind, I HAVE NO CLUE what I did wrong in my application but ended up getting the line below to work. I created a new project and add the WebServer reference and that one line of code and it started working.

What I'm really confused about is I had to abandon my first project because it started saying "hardware error: check your device", this error came up after adding and removing references several times and I couldn't resolve so I started another project and its working.

Server WebServer = new Server(PinManagement.OnboardLED, 80, true);

#43990 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If I have DHCP disabled it looks like it launches but didn't respond. If I have DHCP enabled I get the message below.

Webserver is running on 0.0.0.0 /// DHCP: True

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

Exception was thrown: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Net.dll

#43987 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:47 AM in Project Showcase

Does anyone have an example of sending and receiving Json? It looks like its implemented but I don't see any examples of how to fully implement.

#43986 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 23 January 2013 - 02:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you run the ND+2 version (From the NeonMika thread post #91) it works right out of the box.  I actually did an install tonight to work on a new project.  Took the WebServer solution, built and deployed it (after having changed the IP address and other network settings in the program.cs file). After typing the IP in my browser the command webpage came right up showing all the commands you can run.

Hi Dave, Sorry to ping you again. I guess i'm the only person in the world that thinks the NeonMika webserver is not easy to get up and running. It looks like its running but when I try to go to the IP in the debug window, I get "connection reset" or "taking too long to respond". I have attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I get the NeonMika webserver sending response back. I have looked at the code plex site and it looks like the little code examples that were there are gone now. I remember seeing examples before. Anyways, I have found the most basic of webserver examples and can get the ND to send back content responses to the browser. Any ideas?

Posted Image

#43983 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 22 January 2013 - 10:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Does the http response class you are using implement Idisposable? If so, wrap it with using. Just another thought

#43947 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 22 January 2013 - 04:48 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I know Get requests are typically lighter than Postbut have you tried to use Post to populate your database? I don't know how large your files are but it might be worth a shot. If the files are large then you could create smaller files. This would reduce the HTTP activity anyway with fewer and larger requests.

#43945 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 22 January 2013 - 04:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Just init your string array to be the count of lines in your file. Then populate, see what memory looks like

#43944 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 22 January 2013 - 04:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

http://www.dotnetper...om/array-memory

We might be splitting hairs but check this article out. You might see a bump in performance by using a standard string array so that memory doesn't have to be allocated and indexes have their positions changed when items are added.

#43937 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 22 January 2013 - 03:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

No problem, let me look at this code tonight, and give it more thought, Throughout the day I like a good challenge. Wow that's crazy removing the try catch increased the request size! Never heard anything like that. I know that throwing exceptions can be expensive but not having a try catch in the code that doesn't throw errors.. Confusing I'll get back to you.

#43886 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 21 January 2013 - 07:39 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Maybe you could try to just have the Netduino copy the files to a network share and then have a scheduled console application that reads the files and executes the http requests.

#43875 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 21 January 2013 - 03:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Can you post an update of your source? I'm wondering if something else could be rearranged. Also have you written a console application that performs the same action as your Netduino application code? I'm wondering if your server that handles the http request might be the bottle neck. It probably isn't but it's worth ruling that out while you are testing for performance. I would time these requests and response times.

#43874 Memory leak

Posted by skobyjay on 21 January 2013 - 03:32 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hmm, let me think about this. I'll try to make a sample app to reproduce, see if I can optimize anything for you.

#43775 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 09:55 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm really pulling the newb questions today, but what are the LE and BE folders in the BIN folder with the DLL's? I had to copy those along with my DLL's for the Webserver references. I have tried to Google but no luck...

#43771 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 09:23 PM in Project Showcase

I've started with a clean version of NeonMika Webserver. I've made the appropriate changes to run on the Netduino Plus 2 and have deployed and tested it on the Netduino Plus 2.

You can download the modified project from this DropBox Link (sorry was too big to post here).

you're the man! thanks again Dave!

#43749 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Awesome, thanks for the link Dave. I definitely need to learn more about the MF. Been living in the Web and Windows world too long.

#43727 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 04:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

not sure what I"m doing wrong, I downloaded  and opened the soution in location

NeonMika.WebserverExecuteableNeonMikaWebserver

it builds but is using the 4.1 framework not 4.2, if I update the projects in the soution to be 4.2 I'm getting alot of build errors. where is the "WebServer" solution you are referencing?

#43726 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

when I download the zip from http://neonmikawebserver.codeplex.com/

I get a zip with folders called "executable", and "framework" among others.

The project in builds but is referencing 4.1 not the 4.2 MF.

#43725 AutoPlay Feature - Netduino Plus 2

Posted by skobyjay on 19 January 2013 - 03:58 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

do you have the link to post 91? I can't seem to find it...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.