Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

light's Content

There have been 13 items by light (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8583 Making sense of SPI with MCP4922 DAC

Posted by light on 27 January 2011 - 07:36 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

How would this work if you had two DACs? The SPI config only takes one cs pin. I tried creating another SPI object with a different cs pin but that errored. Thanks Ron

#8343 Business Model

Posted by light on 24 January 2011 - 10:38 PM in General Discussion

I would still need to give some credit to Secret Labs / Netduino, right? Also if I am running your exact Netduino port on my hardware, do I just explain that it is running the Netduino software on my (non Netduino) board?
Thanks
Ron

Hi Ron,

If making your own commercial boards, you'll need to remove the "netduino" trademark and site URL. The hardware is open source, but your derivative/clone would not be an actual Netduino board.

Chris

#8303 Business Model

Posted by light on 24 January 2011 - 03:47 PM in General Discussion

I have a question regarding Licensing, Trademarks, ect. Can I give a manufacturer the .brd files and get them made for personal or commercial purposes? On the board it has the website and Netduino trademark. When making the board, do I leave the marks or do I need to remove them? Thanks Ron

#8299 Anyone interested in an eagle version of the Netduino files?

Posted by light on 24 January 2011 - 02:51 PM in General Discussion

Mark, I notice your post some time back about converting to Eagle. How did that turn out? Did you post the files somewhere? Thanks Ron

#7945 Schematic files

Posted by light on 19 January 2011 - 09:31 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I see that Allegro supports exporting ODB++. Any chance you can post the boards in ODB++? Thanks

#7628 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 14 January 2011 - 03:02 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I could not get the SAM-BA serial drivers working on my Win XP 64bit machine. When trying to find or update the drivers it said there were no compatible drivers. I later tried it on a 32bit machine and it worked. I then followed the steps on this post http://financecoding...-netduino-mini/ and was able to get it up and running.
Thank you for your patience!
Ron

light,

Be sure to use SAM-BA v2.09 ("AT91 tools v1.13"). If you're running Windows 7 64-bit, you'll want to run it under Windows XP Mode. SAM-BA is really meant for production more than everyday use, but it's a good tool once you get it working.

Chris

#7612 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 13 January 2011 - 10:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thank you.
I have now erased the netduino plus via the erase pad by pin D0.
As expected my computer says new device found, but will not automatically find the driver.
Are there two versions of SAM-BA? I see a SAM-BA_CDC.exe and a SAM_BA.exe.
I tried updating the driver to the atm6124_cdc.inf that the Readme_CDC.txt refers to, but
windos just says no driver found or invalid driver. As a result I can not select the port
when running SAM-BA.
Thanks
Ron

Here you go.

I'd recommend using the v4.1.0.5 (production) firmware. These zip files contain both the TinyBooter bootloader and the .NET MF firmware files.

Chris

#7602 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 13 January 2011 - 08:58 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The blue light comes on and stays on and the device does not show up under the list of USB devices in MFDeploy.
I will download and install SAM-BA. I would appreciate help finding the files.
Thanks
Ron

Please try this:
1. Unplug your Netduino from your computer. Make sure it's powered down. Unplug anything that's plugged into it.
2. Plug your Netduino into your PC using a MicroUSB cable. The white and blue LEDs will turn on.

If the blue LED turns off after ~2.5 seconds, your Netduino is fully programmed.

If the blue LED never turns off, open up MFDeploy on your computer (Start > Programs > .NET Micro Framework SDK > Tools > MFDeploy.exe). Select USB transport.

If your Netduino appears in the pull-down, the bootloader is programmed (and if you press PING, it should respond TinyBooter). If the Netduino does not appears, you've erased the firmware completely.

If you have erased your Netduino Plus completely, grab the 64KB TinyBooter bootloader and flash it using SAM-BA. Then, deploy the Netduino Plus firmware using MFDeploy. You should be back up and running in a few minutes.

I'd be more than happy to pull together the files you need if you'd like.

Chris

#7594 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 13 January 2011 - 08:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I think I erased the firmware. How can I tell if I erased the boot loader?
Thanks
Ron

Ron,

Did you erase the Netduino Plus using the ERASE pad? Or switch the deployment transport to serial? Or use the UsbClient feature in your code?

Worst case, you can erase your Netduino Plus completely using the ERASE pad and then flash it from scratch (first the bootloader using Atmel SAM-BA on a Windows XP/Vista machine and then the Netduino Plus firmware using MFDeploy).

Either way, let's step through it and get you back up and running here...

Chris

#7566 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 13 January 2011 - 07:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Well I guess I really did it... Now it comes up as an unknown device and is not listed in the dropdown in the deployment tool.
-Ron

Hi Ron,

If an app ever locks you out of your Netduino Plus:
1. Unplug your Netduino Plus from your computer and make sure it's powered down.
2. Start up MFDeploy.exe on your computer (Start > Programs > .NET Micro Framework SDK > Tools > MFDeploy.exe)
3. Select USB transport
4. Hold down the pushbutton on your Netduino Plus and plug it into your PC. Keep holding down the button.
5. In MFDeploy, make sure your Netduino Plus appears in the top section next to USB.
6. Press the PING button. You should see a message "Pinging...TinyBooter" or "Pinging...Netduino Plus by Secret Labs"
7. Press the ERASE button. This will erase your Netduino app, and not the .NET MF firmware.
8. Unplug your Netduino Plus. You're good to go.

If you erase the firmware (using the advanced features of MFDeploy), it's available at the top of the respective forum.

Chris

#7537 Hang during debug with ethernet connected

Posted by light on 12 January 2011 - 10:38 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I had a similar issue. I was trying to use some of the networking examples and VS2010 froze during a depolyment. Now it can not detect the NetduinoPlus. I switched over to the deployment tool. When I switch the MFDeploy.exe to "USB" it will list the NetduinoPlus_NetduinoPlus but it will not allow me to do anything with it. If I try to ping it I get "Pinging... Error: No response from device". I also tried the Erase button with the same error. BTW does this erase the program or the firmware? If I deleted the firmware, how can I get it back on? Thanks Ron

#7480 SHA1 Hash Implementation

Posted by light on 11 January 2011 - 11:29 PM in Project Showcase

I have created a library called SHA1LIB that implements the SHA1 hash algorithm. It is an adaptation of the SHA1 code fount at c-sharpcorder.com that was posted by Mihai Popescu. The project files can be found here: http://ronlight.com/...cts/sha1lib.zip -Ron

#5215 Where to buy?

Posted by light on 23 November 2010 - 07:51 PM in General Discussion

Can I create my own boards by buying an AVR ARM? Would I need to buy the AT91SAM7L128, or can I do other similar ics ie AT91SAM7L512 or AT91SAM9 series? I assume I would need to be able to 'flash' the ic with the bootloader, right? Thanks

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.