Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

rgoode214's Content

There have been 17 items by rgoode214 (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#43580 Custom Clock (with android syncing)

Posted by rgoode214 on 17 January 2013 - 06:41 AM in Project Showcase

No, i didnt write this code but i did modify it to work properly with the memory addresses of the 2416 displays (the code i downloaded from these forums seemed to be for the 32x8 display). In my video its 2 of the 2416 displays mounted side by side and cabled together with a ribbon cable;

Ryan

#43516 Custom Clock (with android syncing)

Posted by rgoode214 on 16 January 2013 - 08:06 AM in Project Showcase

hmm i had never heard of/seen the ADK 2k12 before until now. The android app is wrriten in Java using eclipse for the IDE. Its very similar to C# so some of my code from the android app has helped me in making the netduino app. Ive even fixed a few things in the android app having used/rewritten some of its code as the base.

The bouncing line animation is actually not my creation, it was in the toolbox/demo SPI driver for the 32x8 display that was posted on these forums that i scavenged. As it doesnt really do anything specific to the display, it was a drop in piece of code that i thought would be interesting to use while the main thread was off doing its background work.

So far its been an interesting project (and a headache or two having to re-familiarize myself with coding) but these forums and a few others were a big help in picking up speed.

Ryan

#43426 Custom Clock (with android syncing)

Posted by rgoode214 on 15 January 2013 - 02:48 AM in Project Showcase

Thanks!

I do plan to post the code when i finish it so that others can pick it apart and learn (or teach me better ways to do whats already in there). As for the Celcius...i think it makes more since than Fahrenheit but convincing the rest of the US is a bigger undertaking than im ready for lol.

Ryan

#43422 Custom Clock (with android syncing)

Posted by rgoode214 on 15 January 2013 - 02:27 AM in Project Showcase

Working on a custom clock that interfaces with the internet for weather, date/time, etc as well as syncing to an android phone via wifi to show missed calls, texts, and battery alerts. Android has some cool features that i can use to mesh the 2 together to set alarms, display callers/texts, and interact with the apps on the ND+2.

Despite being rather rusty at coding the app has alot of code but the memory footprint is rather small (10KB) due to the way its coded to load/unload "apps" to do displaying rather than run everything as one line method. Im using a modified SPI bitbang driver that was posted on this forums (recoded it for use with the 24x16 instead of the 32x8) and the adafruit RTC module.

The housing is just a "rough draft" of what i want it to look like in the end but this will do for now. All it is is lexan that i got from a hardware store and cut using a glass/lexan cutter.

Youtube video:

#42749 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 05 January 2013 - 07:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sorry, ive been busy and havent had a chance to get back on here. Im actually using an RTC (the ds1307). One thing i did notice was that when using the SD/SC pins, the analog 4/5 do not work for I2C

Ryan

#42126 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 25 December 2012 - 10:08 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Just an update, i got it working with the pullups in place (opted to use the adafruit model as it has them onboard). so my apologies for the reports of a remaining i2c bug; its working fine for me on 4.2.1.2 =) Ryan

#41896 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by rgoode214 on 19 December 2012 - 09:43 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Unfortunately i do not have another board to test with but it appears as though this code was originally written for the N+. i rewrote the bitbang driver for the 32x8 display so that it works with the 24x16 displays and its sufficiently fast for what i need so i have a workaround. If it is indeed a bug, hopefully others can provide more information than what i have so far to aid you. Ryan

#41886 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 19 December 2012 - 05:44 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

is that true evenw hen not using the square wave function? In reading around on this chip it is mentioned a few times thats the only time you need it (or when theres multiple devices on the bus)? If thats indeed the case i feel stupid... haha Ryan

#41883 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 19 December 2012 - 04:57 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I downgraded back to 4.2.1.1 and then upgraded back to 4.2.1.2 as well as reinstalled the framework and the SDK to be sure it wasnt an issue there. Its either a problem with the board or more likely its a compatibility issue with the sparkfun edition of the ds1307. I noticed you said you had the adafruit (which is the one i have on the way) which has 2.2k resistors in the circuits on SDA and SCL. The sparkfun edition is wired directly to the pins on the ds1307 chip. Heres the device capabilities of my N+2: HalSystemInfo.halVersion: 4.2.0.0 HalSystemInfo.halVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.1.2) by Secret Labs LLC HalSystemInfo.oemCode: 34 HalSystemInfo.modelCode: 177 HalSystemInfo.skuCode: 4102 HalSystemInfo.moduleSerialNumber: 00000000000000000000000000000000 HalSystemInfo.systemSerialNumber: 0000000000000000 ClrInfo.clrVersion: 4.2.0.0 ClrInfo.clrVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.1.2) by Secret Labs LLC ClrInfo.targetFrameworkVersion: 4.2.0.0 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVersion: 4.2.1.2 SolutionReleaseInfo.solutionVendorInfo: Netduino Plus 2 (v4.2.1.2) by Secret Labs LLC SoftwareVersion.BuildDate: Dec 3 2012 SoftwareVersion.CompilerVersion: 410894 FloatingPoint: True SourceLevelDebugging: True ThreadCreateEx: True LCD.Width: 0 LCD.Height: 0 LCD.BitsPerPixel: 0 AppDomains: True ExceptionFilters: True IncrementalDeployment: True SoftReboot: True Profiling: False ProfilingAllocations: False ProfilingCalls: False IsUnknown: False

#41872 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 19 December 2012 - 08:23 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tried the software I2C and was able to read the device (granted only every 3rd read was a success but that may just be the code) but id still like to figure out whats up with the hardware I2C implementation. Ryan

#41868 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 19 December 2012 - 06:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

so i touched up the solder joints and the rtc is working again on the arduino but not the netduino. Ive tried the SD/SC pins as well as analog 4 / 5 and no dice. the chipset you are using is the adafruit model which is a bit different than mine so im curious if thats the case. Its either a hardware issue or a voltage issue. When i measure the voltage on the SD or SC lines when powered from the arduino its 4.97V and on the netduino its returning 0.1v Kinda frustrating =\ Ryan

#41756 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 18 December 2012 - 06:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Sure, thanks for the help. Its wired as 5V -> 5V, GND -> GND, SCL -> SC, SDA -> SD and the code i was using was the one from a few posts up. I plugged it back into the arduino and now im getting nothing back on that board as well. *shrug* Ive got a second one coming in the mail anyways so ill test that one when it gets here but ill take a look at the solder joints, maybe i messed one up and the connection isnt good. Ryan

#41738 I2C Software Workaround for Plus 2

Posted by rgoode214 on 18 December 2012 - 08:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

ran across this thread because im running into the same troubles getting I2C to work properly. I flashed my N+2 with the 4.2.1.2 firmware and tried the test program provided a few posts above and im getting nothing back. I thought maybe it was a problem with the DS1307 (from sparkfun) so i tried it on the arduino i have and it works fine. I doubt that the device is having a hardware issue but unfortunately i dont have any other way to test it. Ryan

#41722 N+2 using 2416 LED Matrix

Posted by rgoode214 on 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I figured out my problem... when i ported the code over to write out the data i didnt convert the right shift properly in my math. Got the display working =) Ryan

#41692 N+2 using 2416 LED Matrix

Posted by rgoode214 on 17 December 2012 - 09:52 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

im using the 24x16 driven by an HT1632C and ive started porting the code over from Miles Burton's arduino toolkit but im not sure the memory addresses hes using are the same... its turning on groups of 4 LEDS are once intead of just 1. Im looking at the datasheet and im trying to determine the correct address but i guess i dont know how to read the memory address table to make an accurate determination. Ryan

#41634 N+2 using 2416 LED Matrix

Posted by rgoode214 on 16 December 2012 - 10:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Curious to see if anyone has gotten the 2416 led matrix from Sure Electronics working properly on the N+2. Ive looked at the code provided in other threads using the N+ but one is for the 32x8 display (im in the process of rewriting it) and the other uses SPI which i think is broken on the N+2. Ryan

#41609 HT1632 interface (alpha)

Posted by rgoode214 on 16 December 2012 - 02:52 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Im curious to see if anyone has gotten this working with the 2416 using the N+2. The original code from the OP in regards to 32x8 sends commands to the 2416 just using the wrong addresses but at least proves the N+2 talks to the chip. The modified code does not do anything at the moment so im wondering if this is an issue with the N+2 since i see some users reporting SPI problems. Thoughts? Ryan

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.