Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

michielvd's Content

There have been 15 items by michielvd (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13733 serial connection problem

Posted by michielvd on 29 May 2011 - 09:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The problem is was that the converter didn't use the right voltages. I ordered an other one and the communications worked just fine.

#13732 Serial comms garbled - Putty

Posted by michielvd on 29 May 2011 - 09:10 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

The problem is probably the same as mine. The converter doesn't use the right voltages. I ordered an other one and the communications worked just fine.

#13696 Advanced DMX Controller

Posted by michielvd on 28 May 2011 - 07:58 AM in Project Showcase

Awesome! Do you have a video of this in action by any chance?

Chris

As soon as I have time I will create one. But now the exams have just started...
We also used an self created protocol for the connection with the netduino witch will also be explained later.

What I forgot to say was that we used a common Netduino, a USB to Serial converter on COM1 and a shield for DMX on COM2. The shield is based on the circuit in this post.
and can be found on this link

#13649 Advanced DMX Controller

Posted by michielvd on 27 May 2011 - 01:55 PM in Project Showcase

After all the hard work most of it is finished. This link is a Zip file of all the code. (excuse us but the documentation is mostly written in Dutch.) Instructions on how to use will follow later.

Code

#13381 Advanced DMX Controller

Posted by michielvd on 17 May 2011 - 03:09 PM in Project Showcase

That sounds very cool. How do you go about controlling the Netduino via the computer? I believe you are making a Windows WPF/forms application right?

Will you be using the MFDeployEngine.dll and via that detect the Netduino USB, connect to it and write/read custom data to the flash/memory? Or how are do planning to do it?

I'm asking because I'm in the process of figuring out how to read/write custom data to the flash/memory of the Netduino and trying to use the MFDeployEngine.dll in my project. But having difficulties connecting to the debugger engine. Maybe you can help?

Thanks.

Were a bit behind on schedule and so won't use the saving effect to the netduino for the moment. for the control we're currently trying tu use a simple serial connection

#13163 serial connection problem

Posted by michielvd on 12 May 2011 - 11:50 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Have you tried using 115200,N,8,1 (with "no flow control") on each side? We use that frequently in projects.

What settings are you using on each side? Also, are you using a USB-RS232 adapter on your PC...and if so, which make/model?

at first I was using 96000,N,8,1 and COM1 when switching to the settings you gave the exact same problem showed up.
I'm using a prolific PL-2303.

#13158 Serial comms garbled - Putty

Posted by michielvd on 12 May 2011 - 09:11 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm having the same problem I heave also written my own code and non of it is working. I didn't saw this post at first. more details are found here http://forums.netdui...ection-problem/

#13123 serial connection problem

Posted by michielvd on 11 May 2011 - 12:48 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I know there are already many topics on this subject but none of them could help me so far. I'm using a netduino and a usb to serial device(this normally works fine) I am able to use it with other devices so.) I connected the ground to the ground of the netduino the send to the receive and the other way around. When I send an 'a' with a terminal like putty or any other program I receive an 'O' on my netduino (printed by debug). even when I send raw bytes with a program I wrote myself this is received wrong. the other way around is the same problem when I send with the netduino I receive something different on my computer. Is this a problem in the firmware or something? or something with the char-set? Anybody any Ideas?

#12679 save config on netduino

Posted by michielvd on 30 April 2011 - 11:16 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thanks for the fast reply. Just as I expected.

#12677 save config on netduino

Posted by michielvd on 30 April 2011 - 10:45 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

For a project I'm working on I want to save som configuration on my netduino but it needs to be adjustible. Is this possible with a normal netduino or do I need a plus with the SDcard (or a SD shield).

#11470 Advanced DMX Controller

Posted by michielvd on 30 March 2011 - 11:14 AM in Project Showcase

This showcase is the process of building an advanced DMX controller with a netduino. Some functions will be: - Preprogrammed effects - Controlling via a computer - Beat Detection...

#10721 miniscule waiting times

Posted by michielvd on 09 March 2011 - 04:16 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I already read the post and it seems like a valid idea. I tried this myself but I just couldn't figure out how the SerialPort class works. I hope I can get it working now. Thanks for the reply.

#10719 DMX netduino

Posted by michielvd on 09 March 2011 - 04:11 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

You don't have to resort to manually bitbanging the DMX data as it's just a serial protocol, so you can use one of the UARTs of the netduino. Just look at the example i posted in the Showcase section.

hey thanks for this code I thought about doing the same thing but didn't find much information on the SerialPort class in the micro framework. Mostly the thing with the stop-bits. I thrust that this generates the start-bit to.

I still have one question about the code. Why do you call Thread.Sleep(40)?

#10593 miniscule waiting times

Posted by michielvd on 05 March 2011 - 04:57 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm trying to make a dmx controller with a netduino. the basics of dmx is to send a bit every 4 microseconds. Has anybody an idea on how to wait 4microseconds? The thread.Sleep method only works with milliseconds :(

#10583 DMX netduino

Posted by michielvd on 05 March 2011 - 12:14 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm also trying to make a dmx controller with the netduino. Have you found a way of sending the DMX packets jet? I can't find a timer which works with microseconds because you need to hold each bit for 4µs. Has anybody any ideas?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.