Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

whitecap's Content

There have been 10 items by whitecap (Search limited from 20-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60363 WebRequest Timeout property doesn't work

Posted by whitecap on 08 October 2014 - 12:30 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This is a late reply I know but...

The webrequest timeout appears to be broken in the Netduino. If the webrequest target device is not available the request will simply wait forever and hang.

I got around the problem by wrapping the webrequest in a ping request. If the ping succeeds the webrequest is executed. If the ping fails the request is bypassed.

I used this version of Ping and it appears to work well:

https://github.com/gittela/pingbox

#60161 Extremely slow boot & operation

Posted by whitecap on 20 September 2014 - 04:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi There,

I have been running a Netduino Plus 2 (with a small app) for about a year. On occasion I have encountered a situation where the device boots up very slowly - as in maybe 15 minutes to boot. It actually goes though the entire boot process and loads and runs the application without any errors. Its just about 1000X slower. Usually powering it down and up again solved the problem. Not any more.

At this point nothing appears to help. The Netduino appears to be running properly (as indicated by a display I have connected to it)... its just takes it several minutes to do anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike 

#59705 HttpWebRequest GetResponse Error

Posted by whitecap on 13 August 2014 - 11:27 PM in General Discussion

Is there any way to use the netmf_toolbox_http_client with a timeout (like httpWebRequest)? If the site does not respond the client appears to wait indefinitely.  

Thanks

Mike

#58253 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by whitecap on 19 May 2014 - 02:34 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I managed to solve this issue. I was getting the following warning message which suggested where the problem lay:

Warning 1 The predefined type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute' is defined in multiple assemblies in the global alias; using definition from 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft .NET Micro Framework\v4.3\Assemblies\le\mscorlib.dll' D:\Data\Netduino\WebSrv\WebSrv\CSC WebSrv

When I resolved the warning, the problem went away and everything works now.

Regards
Mike

#58205 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by whitecap on 18 May 2014 - 12:34 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot do what you suggested. When I deploy this one line application referencing PWM... during the deploy Windows pops up a message saying:  

"The last device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"

After that, MFDeploy will not see the board again until I reload the board with 4.3.1. All of my Netduinos (5) behave the same way. I guess it could be my PC. When this first happened I uninstalled everything (VS2012, MF framework SDK, Secret SDK) and re-installed it all. But the problem continued.

Could I use the MS PWM library instead? Can you think of any other troubleshooting approaches?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

#58198 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by whitecap on 17 May 2014 - 05:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi There,

I am running Windows 8, VS 2012 Premium, Netduino 4.3.1.

If I simply create an application that attempts to use the Secret PWM library (see below)... during deploy I get a message that the PC no longer recognizes the USB device. From that point the only recourse I have is to take the Netduino back to 'bare metal' and reload everything. Other than PWM all the other applications I load on the device seem to work without problem.

Is there some issue with the Secret PWM library or is it something I am doing? I have several Netduinos and they all behave the same way.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards

Mike

using System;
using System.Net;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;

namespace TestProject
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
             //write your code here
            SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM servo = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2);
           etc.

#57782 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by whitecap on 27 April 2014 - 03:19 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much. It is now working.

One problem I had may be related to Win8.1. When I run the NetduinoUpdate.exe app it appears to do nothing i.e. I double click on it and nothing at all happens. I have to right click on the app and select 'Run with Graphics Processor' and then select the PC's graphics card... then it works. Go figure.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

#57778 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.3.1

Posted by whitecap on 27 April 2014 - 12:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi There,

Something happened to my Netduino Plus2 today - it became completely unresponsive during a debug session. I had been using it with Win8.1, FW V 4.3.1 and VS2013 successfully  - until today.

I tried following the instructions to reload the 4.3.1 software but didn't get very far. The application NetduinoUpdate.exe appears to do nothing when I double click it. So I started MFDeploy and it too sees nothing - no board at all.

I then started the STM DFuSe application and it also reports nothing - again, no board at all. Under ->computer devices-> USB I can still see the Netduino driver. At this point I am at a loss as to what to do.

Any help would be appreciated. This is the second Netduino plus2 where I have encountered this problem. To resolve the previous problem I bought a new Netduino. But I don't want to keep doing that.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Mike 

#57650 Any way to use current Toolbox.NETMF 4.2 with SDK 4.3?

Posted by whitecap on 20 April 2014 - 03:33 AM in Visual Studio

Hi Wendo,

Thanks so much... it did the trick.

Regards

Mike

#57647 Any way to use current Toolbox.NETMF 4.2 with SDK 4.3?

Posted by whitecap on 19 April 2014 - 10:16 PM in Visual Studio

Hi There, I am using a Netduino Plus 2 with VS2012 and NETMF 4.3. When I add any of the toolbox DLLs to a project and then attempt to deploy to the device I get the same error as above:

Assembly: Toolbox.NETMF.NET.Core (4.3.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.3.0.0)
Assembly: Toolbox.NETMF.NET.Core (4.3.0.0) needs assembly 'Toolbox.NETMF.Core' (4.3.0.0)
Assembly: Toolbox.NETMF.NET.HTTP_Client (4.3.0.0) needs assembly 'mscorlib' (4.3.0.0) 

What am I missing here? 

Thanks for any help

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.