Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michael Schwarz's Content

There have been 21 items by Michael Schwarz (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4767 Analog Input help...

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 09 November 2010 - 09:37 PM in General Discussion

OT: How are you creating those images? Michael

#4657 Where to buy?

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 08 November 2010 - 05:07 PM in General Discussion

From today on it is also available directly from Germany by Watterott electronic.

Yes, I talked to them some days ago to put it on their shop... ;-)

Michael

#4579 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 07 November 2010 - 01:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

You probably right concerning clientID, but it works fine with my Windows Server 2008 R2 DHCP server. And I use a reservation to fix my NetduinoPlus address.

Hi Pascal,

yepp, seems that it is working with Microsoft DHCP server. I tried it with the AVM box as well as another Linux box and had no luck. Not sure who could give a try to add this option, should not be a big deal.

Can you do another test? What if you try to renew the lease in your application? Think of a module that you will plug to different networks while it is running. Is this working? I have configured the IP to 0.0.0.0, then I get an IP address from my DHCP... then I disconnect from network... connect again and renew the lease and get 0.0.0.0. :-(

Michael

#4578 MFToolkit - new release (VS2010 support / .NET MF 4.1)

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 07 November 2010 - 11:20 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, well, I never had the time to write a documentation or summary. Following main features are available: 1) Multi-threaded http server with support for cookies and form values 2) DNS client to read A, MX, TXT,... records 3) Helper functions to work with bytes: ByteWriter, ByteReader used to implement all the protocols i.e. for DNS; BitHelper;... 4) NTP client (in .NET MF replaced by TimeService) 5) C6820, GM862, uALFAT drivers 6) XBee support: AT and API mode 7) Mail, POP3, SMTP support not yet compatible to .NET MF 8) several helper methods in MicroUtilities Regards, Michael

#4544 Arduino and Netduino pros and cons

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 10:02 PM in General Discussion

Just me two cents: the Arduino I use for projects where the hardware is the bigger part of the project, and Netduino (or any other .NET MF board) if I have to do a lot of software development. I think that building a http server or a twitter client with Arduino maybe is not as easy as doing the same job with C#. Another big benefit I have is that I do C# development since the very beginning and have many libraries I can use (without any change). Regards, Michael

#4543 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 09:59 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, we will see... I use a static IP, now, because my DHCP server cannot offer a IP address if this field is missing, this is used to identify the clients. So far I see the MAC address is two times in the DHCP request, the 2nd one is used to identify the same client again. So, no problem for me... but should be fixed somehow, all other .NET MF boards are using the clientID. Michael

#4539 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 09:01 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Chris,

yes, the same happens with other DHCP servers I have here.

I had a look on RFC 2132, 9.14:

This option is used by DHCP clients to specify their unique
identifier. DHCP servers use this value to index their database of
address bindings. This value is expected to be unique for all
clients in an administrative domain.

Identifiers SHOULD be treated as opaque objects by DHCP servers.

The client identifier MAY consist of type-value pairs similar to the
'htype'/'chaddr' fields defined in [3]. For instance, it MAY consist
of a hardware type and hardware address. In this case the type field
SHOULD be one of the ARP hardware types defined in STD2 [22]. A
hardware type of 0 (zero) should be used when the value field
contains an identifier other than a hardware address (e.g. a fully
qualified domain name).

For correct identification of clients, each client's client-
identifier MUST be unique among the client-identifiers used on the
subnet to which the client is attached. Vendors and system
administrators are responsible for choosing client-identifiers that
meet this requirement for uniqueness.

This is the part that DHCP servers use to identify the client's MAC address.

I think we need to add this. :unsure:

Michael

#4534 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 02:26 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Seems that the clientID = 1 is missing in the REQUEST (step 3). I have monitored other DHCP requests and all are sending clientID = 1 which means that the DHCP server should take care of the MAC address (as far as I understand the DHCP protocol). Michael

#4533 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 02:03 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, you are right, but if the first response from the DHCP server (step 2) will send a real IP the server already knows the client's MAC address (already sent one in the past). This IP address should be used, I think. I will analyze other clients (PC, other network devices)... Michael

#4531 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 11:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, maybe I found the problem. When switching on the Netduino Plus I get following DHCP request: 1) DISCOVER with YourIP 0.0.0.0 2) Reply from my DHCP server with OFFER and IP address 192.168.178.96 3) REQUEST with YourIP still 0.0.0.0 instead of the offered IP 192.168.178.96 4) Reply with ACK When comparing i.e. with Thaoe-II I have a difference with the step 3, the YourIP and ServerIP is filled correct instead of using 0.0.0.0. I have attached the capture of both requests. Michael

Attached Files

#4530 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 11:00 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I tried following code:

foreach (NetworkInterface net in NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces())
            {
                Debug.Print(net.IPAddress.ToString());
                Debug.Print(ByteUtil.PrintBytes(net.PhysicalAddress));

net.RenewDhcpLease();
            }

foreach (NetworkInterface net in NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces())
            {
                Debug.Print(net.IPAddress.ToString());
                Debug.Print(ByteUtil.PrintBytes(net.PhysicalAddress));
            }

The output looks like this:

5C-86-4A-00-00-E5
5C-86-4A-00-00-E5

If I reboot the device I get 192.168.178.83.

Michael

#4529 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 10:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The MAC address reported in the DHCP server is identical with the one that is put on the board. :-( Michael

#4526 DHCP - getting different IP address each time I restart

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 09:38 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a problem on my DHCP server (AVM Fritz!Box), but everytime I restart my module i.e. when deploying my new code I get a new IP address. Other .NET MF boards are working correct, the Fritz!Box sends always the same IP address. Seems that there is a difference, but I don't know where to start. Any ideas? Regards, Michael

#4525 MFToolkit - new release (VS2010 support / .NET MF 4.1)

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 09:35 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Awesome stuff! Noob question - what libraries would I reference to use the WebServer on a Netduino or Netduino Plus? I'm not familiar with the meaning of the LE and BE folders. Thanks!

Hi James,

just reference the MicroHTTP\MicroHTTP.dll, that should copy automatically all references assemblies in your project.

Regards,
Michael

#4524 Network Toolkit and Netduino Plus

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 November 2010 - 08:32 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

There was a period at the end of you URL. The working link is http://mftoolkit.cod...ases/view/55143

Thanks...

Michael

#4483 Netbios

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 05 November 2010 - 02:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks Chris,

My first proof of concept seems to be near now,

But the name is hardcoded, not a good idea, especialy for the majority of members who have multiple NetduinoPlus (or Netduino + Shield :rolleyes: ) on the same network ;)

I need to provide a way to specify the name of your device. What about this :

NetworkInterface[] networkInterfaces = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces();
   networkInterfaces[0].EnableNetBios("NETDUINO");

By this way, you can enable Netbios (disable by default) and you can specify a name.

Comments are welcome,
Pascal

Did anybody talked to MS concerning this feature request?

Regards,
Michael

#4479 MFToolkit - new release (VS2010 support / .NET MF 4.1)

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 05 November 2010 - 01:36 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi,

because it was already requested several times I have published the changes concerning Visual Studio 2010 and .NET MF 4.1. You can download the latest release here (including the LE / BE files):

http://mftoolkit.cod...ases/view/55143

Here is a short example how to use the Web server to turn on the embedded LED on the Netduino Plus:

using ...

namespace NetduinoApplication1
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            MFToolkit.Net.Web.HttpServer http = new MFToolkit.Net.Web.HttpServer(new MyWeb());
            http.Start();

while(true)
            {
                Thread.Sleep(1000);
            }
        }
    }

public class MyWeb : IHttpHandler
    {
        public OutputPort led1 = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);

public void ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
        {
            switch (context.Request.RawUrl)
            {
                case "/":
                    context.Response.ContentType = "text/html";
                    context.Response.WriteLine("<html><head></head><body>Current Time: " + DateTime.Now + "<br/>");
                    context.Response.WriteLine("<a href=\"/led_on\">On</a> <a href=\"/led_off\">Off</a><br/<");
                    context.Response.WriteLine("</body></html>");
                    break;

case "/led_on":
                    led1.Write(true); // turn on the LED

context.Response.WriteLine("<html><head></head><body><a href=\"/\">Go home...</a></body></html>");
                    break;

case "/led_off":
                    led1.Write(false); // turn off the LED

context.Response.WriteLine("<html><head></head><body><a href=\"/\">Go home...</a></body></html>");
                    break;

default:
                    context.Response.RaiseError(HttpStatusCode.NotFound);
                    break;
            }
        }
    }
}

Regards,
Michael

Attached Files

#4477 MFToolkit - new release (VS2010 support / .NET MF 4.1)

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 05 November 2010 - 01:21 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, because it was already requested several times I have published the changes concerning Visual Studio 2010 and .NET MF 4.1. You can download the latest release here (including the LE / BE files): http://mftoolkit.cod...ases/view/55143 There are some complaints how the project is organized. The initial projects are done for desktop .NET Framework. As there are only little changes necessary for the .NET Micro Framework I was using the same source code files for the desktop and .NET MF projects and added compiler switches MF to get rid of missing support in .NET MF. The .NET MF projects are prefixed with "Micro", if you want to use the MicroIO project in your .NET MF project you need MicroIO and IO, if using MicroHTTP you need MicroIO, IO and HTTP, too. Regards, Michael

#4475 Network Toolkit and Netduino Plus

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 05 November 2010 - 01:17 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Just to inform you: I have upgraded all project files to support Visual Studio 2010 and build against .NET MF 4.1.

Download the release at http://mftoolkit.cod...ases/view/55143

Regards,
Michael

#1842 Where to buy?

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 06 September 2010 - 11:06 AM in General Discussion

Hi, I'm trying to buy at leaste one Netduino from Germany. Is it currently out of stock? Regards, Michael

#1745 Quadrocopter

Posted by Michael Schwarz on 03 September 2010 - 05:56 PM in Project Showcase

Hi, I just want to ask if there is anybody interested in a quadrocopter project. My big problem is that I have not enough electrical knowledge. Maybe somebody from you know already AR.Drone from parrot, I bought this and it is working nice, running on a linux machine controlled over WiFi. Greetings from Germany, Michael

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.