Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Ellen's Content

There have been 65 items by Ellen (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#40511 General rules for CLR / firmware compatibility?

Posted by Ellen on 30 November 2012 - 02:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

The Allocation Error is from your SDcard. When you read from or write to the card mostly the first time after power up.

#39461 Introducing Netduino Plus -- Notes

Posted by Ellen on 16 November 2012 - 03:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

With the Netduino Plus V2 is one problem solved, more memory. One to go the serial invert Rx.Tx. We want to beat the Arduino in every way. We are looking forward when the Netduino V2 is available in the Netherlands. Ellen.

#38543 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 05 November 2012 - 08:55 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Ellen,

The best option is to use the new NETMF 4.3 release. You can use the beta SDK--but it won't change the firmware on your board. The first NETMF 4.3 beta firmware should be available this month.

Chris

Thank you Chris, we are waiting for the 4.3 beta this month. We hope the internet glitch is than solved.

@Travor, you did not install (correct) the Netduino driver, please read all the steps to install at the begin.

#38488 Netduino Plus 1 Firmware v4.2.0 (update 1)

Posted by Ellen on 04 November 2012 - 10:48 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello Chris may I have your attention. We have notice that the Netduino Plus hangs when the socket.Connect is called when the internet connection is down after the N+ starts up. The only option was a reset. I have placed a full working example here: http://forums.netdui...es/page__st__20 You can run the code and on the same time stop the internet connection in your router. Then you see the error. My question, can you confirm this "bug" and do you have a workaround for it because writing to the Internet is het core of my program. Sometimes the internet connection is down here for a few minutes. I did a attempt with 4.3 beta but deploying to the N+ was without any succes.

#38434 P1 & S0 Port monitoring with Netduino Plus

Posted by Ellen on 03 November 2012 - 04:06 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello to All, As a member of the Tweaker forum club (I do the coffee for my father and my friend who do.....nothing) i want to inform you that there is quality software available on Codeplex for monitoring PV power and home boards. It is all in Beta status but I think (as student VB) from a high quality. Here is the link: http://p1netduinoplus.codeplex.com/ Thank you and enjoy.

#38424 Insights into DHCP issues

Posted by Ellen on 03 November 2012 - 12:22 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Now Baxter, I can exactly tell you what is wrong.!

The Netduino will hang when you have a internet connection but after a while the IP provider stops the connection for a reason.

Do While True

Try
                Debug.Print("begin " & DateTime.Now.ToString)

OnboardLed.Write(True)

Dim IPEndPoint As New IPEndPoint(Dns.GetHostEntry("api.pachube.com").AddressList(0), 80)

Using Host As Socket = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)

Host.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel.Tcp, SocketOptionName.NoDelay, True)
                    Host.SendTimeout = 3000
                    Host.ReceiveTimeout = 1000

'WITH internet connection it wil run perfect, but now without internet (after you had a connection)'
                    '  and still on the local network then..........'

Debug.Print("WHEN INTERNET connection fails after a time, than the NETDUINO HANG!!!!")

Host.Connect(IPEndPoint)  'It will hang here.!'

Debug.Print("Oké, stil connection")

End Using

Catch ex As Exception
                Debug.Print("error " & ex.Message) 'no error will show here'
            End Try

OnboardLed.Write(False)
            Debug.Print("sleep")
            Thread.Sleep(10000)

Loop

#37962 Netduino + hangs while calling time using NTP service

Posted by Ellen on 25 October 2012 - 10:52 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Got it to work :)
I simply connected the ND to my router directly and whallahh.

Thanks a lot guys.

Skarphedinn.

and Girls. :P

#37960 Netduino + hangs while calling time using NTP service

Posted by Ellen on 25 October 2012 - 08:21 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

use the timeout. sktTimeServer.SendTimeout = 5000 sktTimeServer.ReceiveTimeout = 5000

#37959 Adafruit LCD MCP23017 IC

Posted by Ellen on 25 October 2012 - 07:39 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yep, that's why I prefer to drive such LCDs over SPI with a 74HC595, like explained at http://geekswithblog...id_crystal.aspx

But now we have a memory problem. With all our code and the toolbox hardware.dll it will not fit in the Netduino+. Is it possible to modify Toolbox Hardware dll so that only the display code is in the dll.? Else ... no display :P
thank you Ellen.

#37467 Socket Problem Again?

Posted by Ellen on 20 October 2012 - 11:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Am Still Gettings Exceptions i think it is related to internal problem call, i tried polling read and write and still gives me exception any solutions to the problem?

huummm. It sounds like a wrong config.
What is the reason for port 90. tried another port with forwarding?
Deploy a static IP to your netduino and quote ' Interface.EnableStaticIP
Look at your router, ? port forwarding, mac address, DHCP (maybe DHCP reservation on the mac address)?

#37425 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 19 October 2012 - 01:06 PM in Visual Basic Support

Yay.... I am so used to using String.Format that I really miss it, but obviously handling strings on a puny system like this is always going to be slow or memory intensive. I'm glad that F2 works for you and I don't know why I can't find it documented anywhere.

Yes Dr. Jaymzas, as a student (in hobby VB) I have search on the Internet, but nothing. Is it not strange, Microsoft wants so badly to promote the Micro environment but document it badly. (in my opinion)

#37346 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 09:09 PM in Visual Basic Support

ToString("F2")

??

Yes Thats the solution, thank you Dr Jaymz.

#37344 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 09:07 PM in Visual Basic Support

Try ToString("#.##")

No, I have tried:

#### Exception System.ArgumentException - 0x00000000 (1) ####
#### Message:
#### System.Number::ValidateFormat [IP: 003f] ####
#### System.Number::Format [IP: 0008] ####
#### System.Single::ToString [IP: 000d] ####
#### NetduinoPlusApplication1.Module1::Main [IP: 001c] ####
A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

#37339 Converting Single to String with 2 decimals

Posted by Ellen on 17 October 2012 - 07:56 PM in Visual Basic Support

Hello to all,
I have a litte problem and I have a workaround, but I am wondering howto solve this with Globalisation? I suppose?

Sub Main()

Dim sngExampleA As Single = 1234.5678
        Dim sngExampleB As Single = 1234.5678

Debug.Print(sngExampleA.ToString)
        'result 1234.56775    '

Debug.Print(sngExampleB.ToString("N2"))
        'result 1,234.57      '

End Sub

I want the 2 decimals but I do not want the comma in the result so 1234.57
But how program this in VB?
Thank you Ellen

#37220 Application freezing on Socket creation

Posted by Ellen on 15 October 2012 - 02:02 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Good to hear, Chris. Until then, if anyone experiences this problem while deploying applications you can unplug the Ethernet cable and deploy your application.

Chris,
serious, try the next:
- deploy your N+ with a static IP address
- Go to your router, forward your port with a new port like 54321 (example)
- in your code, in stead of port 80, the new port.
bye-bye trouble......

snippet example....
const iPORT as integer = 54321 (example)
Dim hostEntry As IPHostEntry = Dns.GetHostEntry(host)
Dim hostAddress As IPAddress = hostEntry.AddressList(0)
Dim remoteEndPoint As New IPEndPoint(hostAddress, iPORT)
Dim connection = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)
connection.Connect(remoteEndPoint)

#37217 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 15 October 2012 - 01:42 PM in General Discussion

Hi Ellen,

Does this work properly if you switch to the legacy MFUSB drivers?

http://forums.netdui...-mfusb-drivers/

Chris

Hi Chris, Indeed, that is the solution. Deploying works now much better than before. (after many tests).
Thank you.

#36591 Data Logging with the Netduino Plus

Posted by Ellen on 05 October 2012 - 06:48 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes I have a very comprehensive example for you of how we had implement email in our datalogging project. Every evening it send a email with all the data to our mailbox, or on commando in the command line of your browser to the server program. Just give me some time to remove all my personal data out of the file and add some comments. I will post it in the VB section but i will let you know. Ellen

#36583 .NET MF 4.3 beta

Posted by Ellen on 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM in General Discussion

Chris, may I have your attention on this case. Is there any attention of you or/and MS for the bad connenction and deployment of the program files to the Netduino+ with MS VB express. It seems that when we plugin a new Netduino+ (after we have have done update to 4.2 with Samba and mfdeploy on another machine) and want to deploy the program file to the N+, VB take's some time for "a solution" and then lose the connection. After plugin and out etc reset the computer and try again...pppffff VB starts the transfer in the best case or hangs otherwise waiting for deployment. Ellen.

#36527 Socket exception

Posted by Ellen on 04 October 2012 - 03:27 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

here is link:
Mylink

Hello Supra, thank you for the link. I had already read the MSDN description of Poll. But can you answer my question why Poll(-1 methode do not work and generates an error when the N+ has a external request? Is it maybe a anomalistic behavior?
Ellen

#36514 Introducing Netduino Plus -- Notes

Posted by Ellen on 04 October 2012 - 09:59 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Is there somewhere a WishList for the Netduino Plus. I want to add on the list for the next generation N+ please, more memory. And my friend and my father hates that the arduino can do more with the serialport (invert Rx/Tx), so he wish to add that too :rolleyes: greetings Ellen.

#36513 Socket exception

Posted by Ellen on 04 October 2012 - 09:50 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello You all,
I have copy and paste a code snippet example of a N+ server and change it a bit for own use.

We use portForwarding in the router.

When I execute this code and use the browser with a intern address 192.168.1.55:66777/ledon then the code works perfect.

But when I execute the code and use the browser with my extern ip address [IPADDRESS]:66777/ledon then I must 2 times enter the browser, the code will then execute but after I get a error exception in the code: Using socketConnection As Socket = socketServer.Accept()

When I change .Poll(-1, ... In .Poll(50000,... then it works perfect.

Now my question:
I do not know why I get an error and what's the difference between, Is there any difference in handling local and external calls?
Thank You Ellen.

Using socketServer = New Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)    
   socketServer.Bind(New IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any, intPort))
   socketServer.Listen(1)

While True

Try

Using socketConnection As Socket = socketServer.Accept()

If socketConnection.Poll(-1, SelectMode.SelectRead) Then

#36442 memory Var with global scope

Posted by Ellen on 03 October 2012 - 07:36 AM in Visual Basic Support

Hello hanzibal, thank you for your help. I had tried all your examples without results but this example works:

Imports Microsoft.SPOT
Imports Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus

Module Module1

Public Public_String_Module1 As String

Sub Main()

Public_String_Module1 = "Solved"
        NameSpace_A.Class_A.Class_A_var_A = "This works"
        NameSpace_B.Class_B.Class_B_var_A = "This also"

End Sub

End Module

Namespace NameSpace_A

Class Class_A

Public Shared Class_A_var_A As String

Shared Sub Sub_Class_A_one()

Module1.Public_String_Module1 = "This works also"

NameSpace_B.Class_B.Class_B_var_A = Class_A.Class_A_var_A

End Sub

End Class

End Namespace

Namespace NameSpace_B

Class Class_B

Public Shared Class_B_var_A As String

Shared Sub Sub_Class_B_one()

Module1.Public_String_Module1 = "This works also"
            Class_B_var_A = NameSpace_A.Class_A.Class_A_var_A

End Sub

End Class

End Namespace

The magic word was "SHARED"
And the word "static" did not work, but why, i do not know.
Ellen

#36421 memory Var with global scope

Posted by Ellen on 02 October 2012 - 07:09 PM in Visual Basic Support

Thank you, but I must read a var in another namespace so: Namespace A dim strA as string sub main .....code end sub class a code... end class class b code... end class end namespace namespace b class a ........here i need the var strA end class end namespace

#36402 memory Var with global scope

Posted by Ellen on 02 October 2012 - 07:16 AM in Visual Basic Support

hello you all, How do I get a memory var so that I can "see" it everywhere in the program I want intThis_Var in class a and class b It's so basic but without the results i want. of course i have a workaround with a public function but example: imports system.io ........ intTHIS_Var as integer = 0 sub main() ....prog code end sub class a end class class b end class

#36061 New issue apparently found with 4.2.0

Posted by Ellen on 27 September 2012 - 02:08 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I had to load the separate secretlabs .dll in the reference to work with the A_ports in version 4.2

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.