Andre Trollip's Content - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Andre Trollip's Content

There have been 12 items by Andre Trollip (Search limited from 30-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60407 Motor Control using PWM

Posted by Andre Trollip on 13 October 2014 - 04:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi Guys,

I have a motor controller (a cheap Chinese version) that specifies a PWM Frequency of 1KHZ-10KHZ and a PWM input level 3.5V-12V VPP.

Would I be able to use this with my Netduino? I couldn't find a frequency indicator on the Netduino 2 spec.

Thanks in advance.

#60300 Max Power of Vdc Rails

Posted by Andre Trollip on 30 September 2014 - 07:23 AM in General Discussion

Thanks a lot for the clear explanation CW2. Appreciate it.

buy in the mean time I decided to power the component from a separate power source I'd probably need close to the limit. I'll rather play iy safe.

Ciao,

Andre

#60296 Max Power of Vdc Rails

Posted by Andre Trollip on 30 September 2014 - 03:11 AM in General Discussion

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what the max amperage is that can be pulled from the 3.3 and 5V power rails of the N, N+, N2 and N2+ respectively, when powered from VDC jack and not USB?

I'm guessing whichever is smallest, 1A or A Max of the input source.

Or does the overall 125mA limit apply to the power rails as well?

Thanks & Regards

#59935 Powering EasyDriver and Netduino

Posted by Andre Trollip on 29 August 2014 - 11:54 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

If you are worried that the driver board will feed current back to the 12V supply, then add a rectifier diode in the positive line between the battery and the driver so it can only take current - that should protect the Netduino from high voltages.

(Note that the EasyDriver circuit does not have any protection for its own logic supply, so I don't think they are expecting any problems like this. However they do have a 30V tolerant input.)

You might also add a similar diode to the Netduino supply input and add a big capacitor after the diode so that short brown outs are less likely to reset the Netduino.

Thanks a lot Paul. The feedback is exactly what I was worried about. I had the first diode in place and the cap as you recommend, but not the second one.

I will let you know how it turns out. I think I damaged the driver somehow because it stopped working at some point while I was fiddling. Waiting for a couple of new ones I ordered. At the same time I ordered some Polulu ones (Allegro’s A4988). I'd like to compare the two.

Thanks for your help.

#59909 Microframework static constructor method

Posted by Andre Trollip on 27 August 2014 - 12:05 AM in Visual Studio

That would be perfectly safe and valid to do.

#59904 Microframework static constructor method

Posted by Andre Trollip on 26 August 2014 - 12:38 PM in Visual Studio

As is the case with all class types, the type information for a static class is loaded by the .NET Framework common language runtime (CLR) when the program that references the class is loaded. The program cannot specify exactly when the class is loaded. However, it is guaranteed to be loaded and to have its fields initialized and its static constructor called before the class is referenced for the first time in your program.

To put it differently, the only guarantee that the CLR makes (with regards to static constructors) is that the static constructor will have run before any member (field, property or method) is accessed. Regardless of whether the accessed member is static or not. Other than that, you should not rely on a static constructor running at a specific point in time (or order).

As long as the CLR doesn't breach this principal, it can be implemented differently for the tinyCLR, .Net CLR, Any CLR etc. ;-)

#59903 Powering EasyDriver and Netduino

Posted by Andre Trollip on 26 August 2014 - 12:24 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Guys,

I would like to power my Netduino and Stepper motor (via EasyDriver) from the same 12V power source. How can I protect my Netduino from the current "backdraft" as the motor starts and stops? Or is it not quite that simple?

I remember having to do that for a normal DC motor on a different project a while back.

Thanks in advance.

#59552 High Pass Filter

Posted by Andre Trollip on 04 August 2014 - 06:28 PM in General Discussion

Hi Mario,

Thanks very much for this.

Yes I know it's not really subject appropriate, but I find I get more concise and quicker answers on electronic questions than on other electronics forums.

Thanks again.

#59548 High Pass Filter

Posted by Andre Trollip on 04 August 2014 - 03:35 PM in General Discussion

Hi Guys,

Anyone have an idea if you could use a 8pF Ceramic Capacitor as a high-pass filter in a 6Ohm speaker system?

I tried to Google it, but I'm afraid I just don't know enough about capacitance to understand the articles.

Thanks in advance.

#55278 xBee Stops Responding

Posted by Andre Trollip on 10 January 2014 - 05:51 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi Guys,

I have an XBee 24 Series 1 and I'm trying to use it on my Netduino Plus using an Arduino Wireless Shield.

It works beautifully until about the sixth or seventh command that I send to the module in API mode through the serial port, then it doesn't respond. If I ignore that lack of response and continue to send commands, it works again for an arbitrary number of commands and stops again.

My serial port is set up for 9600, No Parity, One Stop Bit, and 8 Data Bits.

I do not send and receive simultaneously. I have also tried flushing the port after every send and receive. And I've tried waiting 5 seconds after every command. These things didn't work.

It seems to not be related to the type of commands I send.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#55201 javascript / node.js on NETMF

Posted by Andre Trollip on 05 January 2014 - 03:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

DUPLICATE POST - SORRY

#55200 javascript / node.js on NETMF

Posted by Andre Trollip on 05 January 2014 - 03:41 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi rht,

I am currently researching the possibility of porting an existing Javascript engine to NETMF (as that is more or less what I do for a living). I will let you know what I find out there if I don't do it myself.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.