Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Larsey's Content

There have been 23 items by Larsey (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61082 Manchester decoder for Netduino?

Posted by Larsey on 27 December 2014 - 07:40 AM in General Discussion

Hi!

I've been googling and getting to much arduino related results, so I turn to the forums In hopes of someone who knows about receiving manchester coded data.

I'm working on a project where I send data from an arduino, and the only way I got that to work was using the Manchester coding on the arduino. My Netduino with its receiver is getting a ton of bytes each time the arduino sends som data, but the data is encoded and I need to decode it on the netduino :-)

#61034 Unable to deply project, device not found or cannot be opened

Posted by Larsey on 21 December 2014 - 08:42 AM in General Discussion

Thansk Spiked for mentioning the driver! I checked the overview and the device was driverless! Reinstalled Netduino SDK v4.3.1 (November 2014) and it now works like a charm!

#61029 Unable to deply project, device not found or cannot be opened

Posted by Larsey on 20 December 2014 - 08:22 AM in General Discussion

It's been a while since I last did something fun with my Netduino. I bought a Arduino and I thought I could try to get them to communicate with each other, the only problem is that I cant deploy anything to my Netduino 2.

When I try to deploy something, VS2013 states: 

Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:Netduino

I've got the following installed:

- Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.3 (SDK-R2-Beta)
- Netduino SDK v4.3.1 (November 2014)
- Visual Studio 2013 extension

Does anyone have a clue?

#59098 Bluetooth controlled toy car with Windows Phone

Posted by Larsey on 08 July 2014 - 12:48 PM in Project Showcase

Thanks!

Yeah, there is a lot I could do with this project. I was thinking of making a mounting rack for my Windows Phone and let it be the brain. The phone could then interact with Google/Bing maps and off we go :-) Think I need a larger vehicle, been thinking of buying this car kit for this purpose :D

#58987 ATTiny85 talking to Netduino?

Posted by Larsey on 03 July 2014 - 12:20 PM in General Discussion

Yepp Frode, you only need that usb thingy to program the ATTiny85. While I have not made this project to work, I did make the ATTiny85 blink a LED :P So it works :D

Really recommend soldering something together since its way more easier than looking up the pin locations and the programmers pins all the time :D

The hardware setup is really easy for these small modules: 5V and GND all around RX on the netduino to the data pin (one of them, not both) to the receiver (it has 4 pins). Attiny pin 3 (hardware pin 2 i think) is connected to data on the transmitter (it has 3 pins).

#58967 ATTiny85 talking to Netduino?

Posted by Larsey on 01 July 2014 - 07:00 PM in General Discussion

Hey all, thanks for the response!

@baxter the adafruit thingy looked real cool, but still "overkill" as I want to produce 5++ nodes to report back to my netduino using 433 MHz RF.

@Frode my hardware setup, enjoy :P :

http://bildr.no/image/cXArSktm.jpeg

I soldered the programmer-extender-thingy myself :P Version 2 of the would be with some female pin headers too so I don't have to take it on an off the breadboard all the time :P

- 433 Mhz transmitter / receiver set

- USBasp programmer for Attiny85/84++

#58955 ATTiny85 talking to Netduino?

Posted by Larsey on 30 June 2014 - 06:48 AM in General Discussion

I've run out of options, so I'm wondering if someone here has made a successful project where a ATTiny85/84 talks to a Netduino over serial?

My motivation for trying this, and not going for a Netduino mini is that the Attiny85 is silly small, has the right a mouth of pins and is cheap. The power consumption is ultra low, making it runable on batteries.

I've already tried over at the Arduino-camp, but it's like they are allergic to Netduino or something :P. So I hope someone here has some experience with Arduino/ATTiny to give me some hints. I have the following "sketch":

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

const int rx = -1;
const int tx = 3;

SoftwareSerial serial(rx, tx);

void setup() 
{ 
  pinMode(tx, OUTPUT);
  serial.begin(2400);
} 

void loop() 
{ 
  String data = "Hello World";

for(int k = 0; k < data.length(); k++ )
  {
    serial.write(0xAA);
    serial.write((byte)data[k]);
  }

serial.write(0xA9);

delay(1000);
}

This should be the same as the C# from my post http://forums.netdui...odules/?p=58949

But I have no clue if this works or not :-/

#58897 Netduino Weatherstation

Posted by Larsey on 25 June 2014 - 09:40 PM in Project Showcase

Yes , I have to recharge the bank... and very often. I found this tech spec on the wiki, making me guess that the power consuption is ~53-80 mah. My bank with 2200 mah would in worst case only last for 27 hours.

27 hours is way to little, the power bank itself takes 4 hours to charge up so to make this project work I would need a larger power bank. But this project was mostly about "doing it": assemble the parts, program some logic and DIY stuff :-). To make this project work I think I would draw power from a garage or something, and have longer wires for my sensors so I could get them outside.

#58889 Netduino Weatherstation

Posted by Larsey on 25 June 2014 - 07:53 PM in Project Showcase

Thank you Giuliano for your reply!

I am using Netduino 2, and I was running on USB power from the power bank I mentioned.

#58887 Netduino Weatherstation

Posted by Larsey on 25 June 2014 - 06:02 PM in Project Showcase

Over the past weekend I've finished my latest project: Netduino Weatherstation. You can read all about it on my blog.

I connected some different sensors that I had and made the Netduino talk to my Windows Phone. No need to step out of the house, or even out of bed to check the weather :-)

wp_20140625_005.jpg?width=281.6901408450

Maybe someone can comment why it works with my 5V 1A 2200 mah power bank, USB also delivers 5V so I figured it could work but brownouts could be a problem?

#58886 Hygrometer for the Netduino

Posted by Larsey on 25 June 2014 - 05:57 PM in Project Showcase

My little brother suggested the same thing! :-) Maybe I should, I have several tiny servos that could open and close some sort of container with water. It could be version 2.0 of this project :-D

#58843 Hygrometer for the Netduino

Posted by Larsey on 22 June 2014 - 05:36 AM in Project Showcase

Hey all!

Just wanted to publish my Sunday morning project, my wife is going to love it when she wakes up! :-)

As described in my blogpost it was quick and simple, where most of the code is setting up the LEDs... lol. I'll put the link below:

http://blog.fagerbak...r-for-netduino/

wp_20140619_005.jpg?width=281.6901408450

#58661 Bluetooth controlled toy car with Windows Phone

Posted by Larsey on 10 June 2014 - 10:56 AM in Project Showcase

I've written about my latest project; controlling a rc toy car with Windows Phone over bluetooth with Netduino.

http://blog.fagerbak...-windows-phone/

I've also made a "in action" video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YKiYobsvQIw

Sorry for the low resolution :P, it was in 1080p but when I was editing it I saw that I had not vacuumed my kitchen floor :-) So the easiest fix was to lower the resolution to 480 LOL!

Matt's blog was a big help as I had the same bluetooth module as he has.

#58625 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 07 June 2014 - 08:21 PM in General Discussion

Sorry for double posting, but I've been working all evening and have not got anything usefull displayed yet!

I found several datasheets that says pretty much the same:

http://www.renanaran...s/LCD-1602A.pdf

http://oomlout.com/p...1-datasheet.pdf

And I'm back using Jaroen's I2CPlug; I've got the following that should work (why isnt it... bah!):

I2CPlug lcd = new I2CPlug(0x27);

Thread.Sleep(50);                       // need to wait for the device to power up

// init starts

lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x3 });
Thread.Sleep(5);

Thread.Sleep(1);

lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x2 });
lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x28 });         // function set, set config: two lines, 5x8 font size
lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x8 });          // display off
lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x1 });          // clear
Thread.Sleep(2);
lcd.Write(new byte[] { 0x4 });

Thread.Sleep(1000);

// init is done, lets write text to screen

lcd.Write(System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Hello World"));

When I run this the LCD lights up 100% brightness. Line 1 is filled with blocks, line 2 is empty. After the code is run and I would expect it to show "Hello World" the LCD has no backlight (i did turn that off, but was it me or a screw up? :P) and line 1 has blocks, line 2 is empty.

Giving up now really...

#58623 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 07 June 2014 - 05:26 PM in General Discussion

Hi wendo! Thanks for the links, it might be what I'm looking for! But now I'm thinking that the various byte commands might be different. From the your link it is defined:

private byte LCD_ENTRYMODESET = 0x04;

And I think I've found the documentation on openhacks.com, here "Entry Mode Set"'s "instruction code is 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 I/D S

Regarding I/D, text is to move to the right so "1" there

Regarding S, again: shift right so "0"?

That makes up

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0

which is 6, or 0x6? Am I doing this right?

#58596 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 06 June 2014 - 02:22 PM in General Discussion

Hmm... from some arduino threads it seems that the problem here is initialization.

The LCD I have comes with an adapter, I would think i would prep the LCD for input. The LCD I have is this one: http://www.dx.com/p/...70#.U5HNZ_l_sfM

And as you can see it has an adapter attached. I've cooked down my code to the following, by using the I2CBus:

public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            I2CDevice.Configuration config = new I2CDevice.Configuration(0x27, 59);
            I2CBus.GetInstance().Write(config, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes("Hello World"), 3000);
        }
    }

But I guess I'm missing initializing part of the LCD...

#58589 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 06 June 2014 - 07:10 AM in General Discussion

3C should be the register you write to, but for displays you normally write commands. Registers are more used in sensors.

Try

I2CBUS.GetInstance().Write(_slaveConfig, I2CCommand, I2CTimetout);

You probably got a point, the code I've found seems to be for a sensor. One thing doh: the I2CCommand, what is it? 

Instead of WriteRegister i could simply use Write ->

public int Write(I2CDevice.Configuration config, byte[] writeBuffer, int transactionTimeout)
{
// Set i2c device configuration.
_slaveDevice.Config = config;

// create an i2c write transaction to be sent to the device.
I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] writeXAction = new I2CDevice.I2CTransaction[] { I2CDevice.CreateWriteTransaction(writeBuffer) };

lock(_slaveDevice)
{
// the i2c data is sent here to the device.
int transferred = _slaveDevice.Execute(writeXAction, transactionTimeout);

// make sure the data was sent.
if (transferred != writeBuffer.Length)
throw new Exception("Could not write to device.");

return transferred;
}
}

?

Think I've already tried this without luck.

#58573 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 05 June 2014 - 06:07 PM in General Discussion

That Adafruit display is a "pixel"-display? Where you can If you will paint whatever pixel you want. The one i have I just a simple 16x2 character display?

Should not be that hard?

What is the registerBuffer and writeBuffer? I'm currently looking at http://wiki.netduino...-Bus-class.ashx ->

public void WriteRegister(I2CDevice.Configuration config, byte register, byte[] writeBuffer, int transactionTimeout)
        {
            byte[] registerBuffer = { register };
            Write(config, registerBuffer, transactionTimeout);
            Write(config, writeBuffer, transactionTimeout);
        }

It writes first the registerBuffer, then the writeBuffer... im calling it  here ->

public void Write(string str)
        {
            I2CBus.GetInstance().WriteRegister(_slaveConfig, 0x3C, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(str), TransactionTimeout);
        }

But what is the 0x3C? Might be the problem?

#58563 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 05 June 2014 - 08:55 AM in General Discussion

Initialization sequence? Thank you for the input again Guido, but I don't understand why/how I can initialize the LCD, do I need to send the bytes in the documentation before:

this.WriteToRegister(0, new byte[] { 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65 });

?

#58550 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 04 June 2014 - 01:52 PM in General Discussion

Thank you for your input Guido! It is still nor working but atleast something is happening! :-)

Now the screen is flickering from what you see on the image and a darker version. Maybe Im using the wrong pullup resistors?

#58536 Need help with I2C LCD display

Posted by Larsey on 03 June 2014 - 06:24 PM in General Discussion

I've got a LCD the other day, have been trying to get it to work but I'm messing up somewhere... not sure where, so I hope someone could enlighten me.

I've started out with Jeroen's I2CPlug code. I've added my own LCD class:

public class LCD : I2CPlug
    {
        public LCD(byte address)  : base(address) { }

public void Write(string str)
        {
            //this.WriteToRegister(0, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(str));
            this.WriteToRegister(0, new byte[] { 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65, 65 });
        }
    }

And here is my main while we are at it:

public static void Main()
        {
            LCD lcd = new LCD(0x27);

lcd.Write("Hello World Hello World");

while (true) { }
        }

It does not throw an exception. The address is something I've tracked down by the model numbers on the LCD driver attached to the backside of the LCD ("T313S06" and "LCD1602" are the ones I see). The wiring:

http://bildr.no/view/SU1uTDNo

- VCC goes to 5V
- GND goes to GND
- SDA goes to SDA, pullup to 3.3V by a 2k2 resistor
- SCL goes to SCL, pullup to 3.3V by a 2k2 resistor

- DefaultClockRate is 60

- TransactionTimeout is 1000

What am I doing wrong? :-) Ignore the fact that the string i want to write is ignored, I've just created a array that should be 19 A's on the display!

EDIT:
Updated the wiring by Guido's comment.

#58454 Need help with D18B20 temperature sensor

Posted by Larsey on 28 May 2014 - 02:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Has anyone got this to work? I've made the following connections:

- 5V to power

- Ground to ground

- Digital 5 to DQ

- 4.7k resistor between 5V and DQ

I've got the following source code: http://pastebin.com/L2AWV3KX , got that from https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/16/onewire

The application outputs "Temperature: 0" - is my sensor broken? I've tried two different ones.

Image of the setup: http://bildr.no/view/dGdodGhJ

#58212 Need help with servo and .NET MF 3.4

Posted by Larsey on 18 May 2014 - 08:01 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hi everyone!

I'm having some problemes getting this MicroServe (servo) to work. I'm using .NET MF 3.4, so the PWM constructor takes a bunch of parameters, that differs from a lot of example code I've found. I guess those examples are based on a older version of the .NET Micro Framework.

The code I've got to work is Gutworks: http://forums.netdui...plus-2/?p=39895

But I don't understand the numbers, what is "4.712", "10.995"? With an increment of "0.0005" it will take 12500+ iterations thru the loop.

My goal is to understand the servo so that I can set an angle for it to go to. Its range is 0-180, so I want to be able to set 20, 55, 176 and so on. 

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.