Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Unable to deply project, device not found or cannot be opened

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Larsey

Larsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

It's been a while since I last did something fun with my Netduino. I bought a Arduino and I thought I could try to get them to communicate with each other, the only problem is that I cant deploy anything to my Netduino 2.

When I try to deploy something, VS2013 states: 

Error 1 Device not found or cannot be opened - USB:Netduino

I've got the following installed:

- Microsoft .NET Micro Framework SDK 4.3 (SDK-R2-Beta)
- Netduino SDK v4.3.1 (November 2014)
- Visual Studio 2013 extension

Does anyone have a clue?

#2 Spiked

Spiked

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

I had one just quit working, right around the time the driver was released that bricked clone chips.

I thought they replaced that driver now, but in any case, I otherwise destroyed that one (power incident) so I just go another one and it is still fine.  If it used to work, and no longer does, keep this in mind as a possibility.

Otherwise, the normal troubleshooting routines; hold down the reset while attaching to USB, should show up as something else (not netduino) in device manager.  Use mf deploy to update the firmware, should now show as 'netduino' in device manager.  I find every once and while the firmware goes MIA, and I have to reflash occasionally. 

#3 Larsey

Larsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:42 AM

Thansk Spiked for mentioning the driver! I checked the overview and the device was driverless! Reinstalled Netduino SDK v4.3.1 (November 2014) and it now works like a charm!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.