Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Gilberto Garcia's Content

There have been 8 items by Gilberto Garcia (Search limited from 19-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#30856 Home Alarm System using Netduino Plus (HomeAlarmPlus project)

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 19 June 2012 - 12:28 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have been modifying circuitry and code to be more reliable. Code was updated/tested with the latest .NET Micro Framework (4.2 QFE1) . In the meantime, I have created a repository with the base class library at https://github.com/f...r/HomeAlarmPlus . Thanks and enjoy!

#29536 Hello Pachube (AnalogInput)

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 22 May 2012 - 06:47 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I just tried Hello Pachube example to get started with ethernet activity.

var voltagePort = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1);

The above line is not computing. AnalogInput is wavy underlined and Error reads:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'AnalogInput' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I had a similar problem before. The following code solved my problem:

var voltagePort = new SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus.Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1);

I agree with Cuno, Pachube's code is working fine with the Cosm.

#28985 Home Alarm System using Netduino Plus (HomeAlarmPlus project)

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 14 May 2012 - 02:24 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I would like to share with the Netduino community a project that I have been working for the last three months, my home alarm monitoring system using Netduino Plus and a WiFi Internet Adapter.

I provide details and requirements on my blog and in the source code. I hope this is useful to someone.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#28677 System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch class

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 08 May 2012 - 05:07 PM in Project Showcase

Chris,

Thank you so much for this library. It was a time saver. I added two more methods to the library (ElapsedSeconds and ElapsedMinutes).

public double ElapsedSeconds
        {
            get
            {
                if (m_startTicks != 0 && m_isRunning)
                {
                    TimeSpan duration = new TimeSpan((Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Utility.GetMachineTime().Ticks - m_startTicks));
                    return duration.Seconds;
                }
                else if (m_startTicks != 0 && !m_isRunning)
                {
                    TimeSpan duration = new TimeSpan((m_stopTicks - m_startTicks));
                    return duration.Seconds;
                }
                else
                    throw new InvalidOperationException();
            }
        }

public double ElapsedMinutes
        {
            get
            {
                if (m_startTicks != 0 && m_isRunning)
                {
                    TimeSpan duration = new TimeSpan((Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.Utility.GetMachineTime().Ticks - m_startTicks));
                    return duration.Minutes;
                }
                else if (m_startTicks != 0 && !m_isRunning)
                {
                    TimeSpan duration = new TimeSpan((m_stopTicks - m_startTicks));
                    return duration.Minutes;
                }
                else
                    throw new InvalidOperationException();
            }
        }

Attached Files

#25969 WiFly Shield

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 25 March 2012 - 05:12 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

For best performance, I'd use the Netduino Plus with a WiFi Ethernet Bridge device. I know that a number of people have used Quiche's drivers...but I have not had a chance to use WiFly enough to have a good feel for performance.

Chris

I would like to add that I am currently using my Netduino Plus with a Netgear Universal Dual Band Wireless (WNCE3001). It requires a one time setup of SSID and password on the Wireless adapter, just follow the instructions.

G. García

#25768 Netduino Stopwatch Equivilent

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 20 March 2012 - 01:11 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Nice Job! Thank you!

#24678 Netduino for beginners - Gentle introduction with basic electronic project

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 25 February 2012 - 02:38 PM in Project Showcase

Thank you for this tutorial. It is really to have the fundamental and basics mentioned in it. Good job!

#24017 Netduino Firmware v4.2.0 RC4 (Netduino + Netduino Plus)

Posted by Gilberto Garcia on 09 February 2012 - 02:37 PM in Beta Firmware and Drivers

Chris, I am new in this community and is really fun. I have tested the latest Firmware 4.2RC4 on my Netduino +. No problems at all. I ended up recompiling MFToolkit and NetMFToolbox source code so that now it targets version 4.2 assembly. I have to add that I am not having issues with storing data (logs) on my microSD.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.