Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michael E's Content

There have been 8 items by Michael E (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#52404 SDK documentation for the Netduino SDK

Posted by Michael E on 28 August 2013 - 03:36 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I wanted to know if there is an official documentation for Secret Labs version of the SDK.  A few times I have found myself wondering things that Ive eventually found some solutions for on this forum but would save some time I I could find these answers in some sort of documentation.

#52349 Pin to pin via Resistor, Safe?

Posted by Michael E on 25 August 2013 - 07:30 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi, Thank you for your help with this problem.  Since last night I had done some research as well before bed where I learned also about the pullup/down resistors you mentioned to use on open pins.  I had no idea how that worked but now I do.  I added a 1K pulldown from D6 to GND this was before reading your post just now about the recommended 10k.  I was unable to get any even trigger afterwards even after disabling glitch filter.  I did some more reading about interrupts on this site and found an experiment that was done with the speed capabilities.  In short I have decided the Interrupt is probably being triggered too quickly by the PWM that this might not be my best option to use for a counter.  I have found an ExtendedTimer class in the NETMF Microsoft.SPOT namespace that might lead me better results.  In addition I have ordered 2 SN74HC4060N 14-STAGE BINARY COUNTER with Oscillator chips that I saw being used in a TLC5940 application elsewhere on this site.  I am still waiting for my hardware and this counter test was in preparation for receiving the TLC5941 chips I ordered.  While the test was unsuccessful I learned about floating pins, pullup/down resistors and interrupts.  And the reasons why I was reading 0mA.  Thank you for helping me better understand.

#52335 Pin to pin via Resistor, Safe?

Posted by Michael E on 25 August 2013 - 03:29 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I figured this has to be safe so to be sure I wired it up but with the wire from D6 disconnected.  Then I used my multimeter to connect D6 to the resistor trying to measure its current value.  What I got was a suprise, it was reading 0 but however with the meter disconnected, and thus D6 dangling, I was getting triggers on my OnInterrupt rutine.  My led would randomly flash which means the interrupt while not conected was picking up something so I enabled the glitch filter and it did the same.  If i disconnect the wire completely, it stops.

public App()        {            count = 0;            Led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);            BLANK = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8, false);            GSCLK = new PWM(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5);            GSCLK.SetDutyCycle(50);            counter = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6, true, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeHigh);            counter.OnInterrupt += new NativeEventHandler(counter_OnInterrupt);        }        void counter_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time)        {            // Only reset BLANK when nessisary            if (BLANK.Read() == true) BLANK.Write(false);            if (count == 4096) // Every 4096th pulse, send BLANK            {                count = 0;                BLANK.Write(true);#if DEBUG                Led.Write(true);                Thread.Sleep(1000); // So we can visualy see count 4096 was reached                Led.Write(false);  #endif                          }            count++; // Count pulses        }

#52333 Pin to pin via Resistor, Safe?

Posted by Michael E on 25 August 2013 - 01:38 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This is a newbie question but I want to be careful not to overload any of my pins, I want to feed D5 to D6 where D5 is on PWM and D5 an interrupt, such that I can count pulses.  I know the pins can handle no more then 25mA max so I figure a resistor of 180 should yield about 18 to 19 mA at max.  Does the following circuit diagram look safe?

Posted Image

#52318 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by Michael E on 24 August 2013 - 05:49 AM in General Discussion

Hi Chris, I have now gone back to the production build 4.2 but was just using the 4.3 beta firmware, 4.3 sdk and 4.3 netmf sdk.  On the Netduino Plus 2.  Unsure what was causing the issues.  Thank you for your help.

#52317 Netduino Plus 2 Firmware v4.2.2

Posted by Michael E on 24 August 2013 - 05:45 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Thanks Chris, this worked

#52312 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by Michael E on 24 August 2013 - 04:54 AM in General Discussion

I keep getting a message debug device not in a debug state, rebooting, and then Debugger engine could not attach to debugging target.  How can i fix this, I have done the power reset

#50336 Issue with resolving AnalogInput

Posted by Michael E on 06 June 2013 - 10:40 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I just had this problem and thanks to everyone here I solved it by adding [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput.dll to my references but found using the fully qualified namespace each time I wanted to use SecretLabs AnalogInput I added the following to the using section[/color]

using AnalogInput = SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput;

this way I can use AnalogInput like so:

AnalogInput pot = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);

Without the compiler errors and warnings.

Hope this helps anyone reading this thread.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.