Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

nicualex33's Content

There have been 8 items by nicualex33 (Search limited from 02-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#50156 Analog.ReadRaw unhandled exception in SecretLabs.NETFM

Posted by nicualex33 on 01 June 2013 - 12:15 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

tnx, will monitor the available memory and see if I can get more info

#50137 Analog.ReadRaw unhandled exception in SecretLabs.NETFM

Posted by nicualex33 on 31 May 2013 - 03:12 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello,

I'm running an app with few threads, reading couple of sensors 10 seconds and showing the results on cosm and an LCD display. One of the sensors is analog and i'm using the standard Readraw to get my values.

After a while ( random 1 , 2 hours or more ) , the app is crashing , with the following message in the console:

[font="consolas;"]A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput.dll[/font]

[font="consolas;"]An unhandled exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput.dll[/font]

I'm using latest Netduino Plus 2 firmware ( 4.2.2 ).Any ideas ?

cheers, Alex

#50021 2,8" TFT-Display with Touchpanel

Posted by nicualex33 on 27 May 2013 - 02:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

great, thanks!

#50000 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by nicualex33 on 27 May 2013 - 01:42 AM in General Discussion

Chris , is with the latest 4.2.2.2 . I haven't tried the 4.3 as I read the IP stack is not yet updated. 

I'm running few threads in my app , one of which is sending data to Open.sen.se or Cosm ( once per minute , few packets only ).  In my latest test , it was ok for about 18 hours and then it stopped updating. I don't have a display on my device and it was not in debug mode , but I assume the other threads were running fine. One thread is just blinking an LED at a 3 seconds interval ... that thread was happily running , even after the network comm was down.

Unfortunately, adding an external reset chip is not an option for me. Will help as much as I can to identify the root cause . And i hope you'll consider adding support for the watchdog in the upcoming release, even if we solve the network issue. 

br, Alex

#49913 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by nicualex33 on 24 May 2013 - 11:50 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

it's not cosm, I've experienced same hang up with three sites, including cosm and open. sen. se . I hope the new firmware will resolve this major issue. alex

#49912 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by nicualex33 on 24 May 2013 - 11:50 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

it's not cosm, I've experienced same hang up with three sites, including cosm and open. sen. se . I hope the new firmware will resolve this major issue. alex

#49908 New: Netduino 4.3 SDK and VS2012 support!

Posted by nicualex33 on 24 May 2013 - 11:31 AM in General Discussion

I have a network issue with my netduino 2plus. after few hours of reading sensors and posting values to cosm and/or open . sen. se, my module will hang with no error message in the debugger. I hear quite a number of people are seeing similar problem. in my book, this is absolutely critical, as there is no way to catch this and recover. one forum member proposed a 10min "preventive" reboot. I don't find this feasible . I hope the new York tcp/IP stack will resolve the issue. meanwhile... IMHO, for any unassisted device running 24/7, a real watchdog (HW timer/reset) is essential. granted, this is just a workaround and not a solution, but in my experience it is vital for the success of any project... particularly the connected ones. I, for one, will really appreciate the inclusion of this in the upcoming release. cheers, Alex

#49754 2,8" TFT-Display with Touchpanel

Posted by nicualex33 on 22 May 2013 - 04:48 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I just started to play with this display and a netduino. It's my first project for a netduino, but i'm able to clear the screen, draw rectangles, and put a tweety face on the display. For the moment i'm using the 64k color mode, but i think i will later convert it for use with the 4k color mode. Unless i can speed things up. This display uses a hx8347 controller. I find the documentation not very easy to understand, but the source from watterot was a big help. Only problem i had was with the connector on the display board. It was making false contacts, so i had to solder it. For the background LED, i'm using a pwm output, so the light is adjustable. I did not start with the touch part yet.

Luc, the app works , I can display the tweety just fine :) thanks for sharing. I've been struggling to convert some mbed C code into C# without much success.

Couple of questions regarding the PWM: which pin are you using on the LCD side ( K or A ). 2) did you connect netduino pin directly to the LCD , or you're using some transistors in between ?

cheers, Alex

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.