Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

bill.french's Content

There have been 260 items by bill.french (Search limited from 14-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3291 Can't connect via Visual Studio or MFDeploy, erase does not fix

Posted by bill.french on 30 September 2010 - 05:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Any progress recreating (and fixing) the original issue?

#3194 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 29 September 2010 - 02:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I assume if I upgrade the firmware to the one in that thread, I'll lose the networking components? That's fine as I continue to get warmed up to the netduino, but obviously not a long-term solution. I chuckle as I type: the networking part is kind of important to me. Still hopeful, --Bill

#3186 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 29 September 2010 - 11:23 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Could Windows 7 work better? It's also not isolated to the built on button; i wired up an external button to d0 with the same results.

#3150 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 29 September 2010 - 01:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, blinky deploys multiple times, deploying the pushbutton/led app (using either d0 or the onboard button) fails after the first deployment. I used fully patched windows XP and whatever version of VS is linked in the download section, 2010 express. I've tried it on several computers now, including a Sony vaio, a dell netbook, a dell optiplex, and vm under fusion on a macbook pro. I've even tried it with and without a usb hub involved.

#3147 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 29 September 2010 - 01:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Yes, I have the same issue with the button app. I can deploy it once. Then I cannot deploy it again without erasing.

I've also tried the below code, which uses D0 for the button, instead, so I could still have access to the reset. Reset has no effect on how visual studio acts, however. I can see that the board resets (the net leds and the blue led cycle and then my code resumes) but visual studio is uneffected.

Once VS is stuck, i can only unstick it by unplugging the netduino, plugging it back it, waiting for it to boot, then unplugging it again. My code never stops running except during netduino boot up.

I've tried every combo i can think of involving resetting, power cycling, and deploying to get it to work without erasing. No luck.

using System;
using System.Threading;
using Microsoft.SPOT;
using Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware;
using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

namespace NetduinoApplication1
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            // write your code here
            OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);
            InputPort button = new InputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D0, false, ResistorModes.PullUp);

while (true)
            {
                led.Write(!button.Read());
            }

}

}
}

#3146 POE?

Posted by bill.french on 29 September 2010 - 01:00 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

linksys 5v poe

This injector puts in 48v but spits out 5v.

#3096 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 28 September 2010 - 04:13 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am able to deploy the below code multiple times. Thanks for you help with this. --Bill

namespace NetduinoApplication1
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            // write your code here
            OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);
            bool b = false;
            while (true)
            {
                b = !b;
                led.Write(B);
                Thread.Sleep(50);
            }

}

}
}

#3090 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 28 September 2010 - 03:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

To reproduce it, I followed the "pushing the button" demo exactly. Deploy the project, and it works: the led turns on when I press the button. Then, I change led.Write(!buttonstate) to led.Write(buttonstate) -- removing the !, just to get it so the light turns off when you press the button, and I go to redeploy and is gets stuck on "preparing...". It's done it every time. The circles I'm referring to is: once I'm stuck, I have to kill visual studio, erase the app using MFDeploy, going back into visual studio, loading the project (hopefully I've saved it before trying to deploy!) and trying to deploy again. I believe once I'm stuck I can also unplug the netduino, wait a little while, and visual studio will eventually say the deployment failed, and at least I can save my work. Now I try and save before I deploy, which is probably not a bad practice, anyway.

#3083 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 28 September 2010 - 03:04 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Let me start off by saying that I had never heard of arduino or netduino or maker faire until about noon yesterday when I read the engadget article on the netduino plus, and I nearly fell out of my chair. Ethernet? C#? $60??? So I packed my three little kids in the car and headed to Queens. I was so excited about the netduino plus, that I completely forgot to check out the 3d printer corral. Anyway, I'm having trouble!! I'm getting stuck on "preparing to deploy". I did just as the OP did, once I sent the button/led demo, I was unable to further deploy using VS. I've used two totally different computers now, both running fully patched x86 XP. I am able to erase using mfdeploy by holding the button and plugging it in, but obviously it's a bummer dealing with VS crashing and going in circles to deploy very simple programs. The demo and other code does work once I have loaded it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#3080 Netduino Plus Unable to connect to from MFDeploy or Visual Studio after loadi...

Posted by bill.french on 28 September 2010 - 02:35 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I followed those instructions, then loaded the new firmware on the unit and I am back up and running.

What new firmware did you install? I thought the firmware that came with the netduino plus was the latest available?

I am having the exact same problem.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.