Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Michel Trahan's Content

There have been 155 items by Michel Trahan (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#11407 Using Forward Star structure and algorithm in autonomous robots

Posted by Michel Trahan on 28 March 2011 - 09:50 PM in General Discussion

Small Update :

- The code was transfered to VB.Net like a charm
- Now trying to translate to C# (Full .Net first, then .Net MF ... but with the N+ since there is file access)

Question : how do we write/read files in C# ?

Here is the code using the Microsoft.VisualBasic assembly that I want to remove the dependency ... to write the Nodes and Links to files and loading them from files

filenum = FileSystem.FreeFile();
FileSystem.FileOpen(filenum, s, OpenMode.Input, OpenAccess.Read, OpenShare.LockWrite, -1);
FileSystem.Input(filenum, ref k);
FileSystem.FileClose(filenum);

int filenum = FileSystem.FreeFile();
FileSystem.FileOpen(filenum, s, OpenMode.Output, OpenAccess.Write, OpenShare.LockReadWrite, -1);
// Write the number of nodes and links.
FileSystem.WriteLine(filenum, bGraphicalInfoAttached, iNumNodes, iNumLinks);
FileSystem.WriteLine(filenum, Nodes[i].Name, Nodes[i].FirstLink, 0, 0);

And I have to verify why I am using this ...

s = Strings.Left(s, s.Length - 2);

And this ...

Conversion.ErrorToString()

I Think I can replace the last one with a catch (Exception e) in a try catch and using e.Message ... I am right ?

Keep you posted.

#11354 Using Forward Star structure and algorithm in autonomous robots

Posted by Michel Trahan on 27 March 2011 - 01:48 AM in General Discussion

- make sure you develop the code in a .NETMF (Netduino) project and not a regular .NET project.

Don't worry, I also program for the windows phone 7 in silverlight (vb and c#) and I always get confused LOL

I tested my old vb program and it works like a charm ... 1995 code ! wow !

I tried to convert using Artinsoft Visual Basic Upgrade Companion (free for msdn member) but only the c# translation worked ... so I'm ok for the netduino :) I have to test the class a bit before posting the code

Keep you posted ... now is time to get out and play pool !

#11320 Using Forward Star structure and algorithm in autonomous robots

Posted by Michel Trahan on 26 March 2011 - 01:14 PM in General Discussion

I'd be interested in the code as well.

I just started to learn .Net (I know so many languages ... and yeah, I know, late learning) so give me time.

My project is to build a complete quadcopter from scratch and include in it the Kalman filter (KF). Once done, I'll work on it being autonomous ... and add the Forward Star (FS) data structure and the label setting shortest path algorithm.

If someone already has an autonomous quadcopter (or anything autonomous that would need such a fonctionnality) and would like to add the FS data structure, please contact me and I'll rewrite it sooner. If only newbies like me, then I'll take the time to learn first ;)

If I wait long enough, we probably could have it in VB.Net on .Net MF lol (I'm a VB fanatic, so easy to program) but I'll try it in C# ...

Mike surprised about your fast reply !

#11300 Using Forward Star structure and algorithm in autonomous robots

Posted by Michel Trahan on 26 March 2011 - 04:15 AM in General Discussion

As anyone thought of using the Forward Star data structure and algorithm (to find the shortest path) for autonomous robots ? I have implemented a VB version many years ago (1995) and I could rewrite it for C# to use in autonomous robots ... Everything in .Net MF ... any interest in such an algorithm ? very very efficient data structure (minimalistic, one node per node and one link per link, no wasted structure) and it is a very very fast algorithm. Example of usage : in a defined environment resembling a network of connecting nodes, allow a robot to find the fastest way to get there (emergency, security (using cameras on a quadcopter), etc). You can recalculate new paths when encountering closed paths ... could probably be used to repath power just like in Terminator movie lol Mike discovering quadcopters and netduino ! p.s.: I'll also work on a Kalman Filter using a complete set of sensor data as well as user commands. Everything in .Net MF

#11169 Anyone have a Windows Phone already?

Posted by Michel Trahan on 22 March 2011 - 01:45 AM in General Discussion

Imagine this setup : - a FPV quadcopter equiped with long range radio transmitter/receiver - a ground station with follow the drone equipment (up to 15km) - receiving video signal and telemetry - recording both - sending video signal and telemetry to windows phone - receive control information from phone - Transmit control information to drone - a windows phone to view the FPV video from the drone and control it ! You might need a couple microprocessor in the drone and a bigger system in the base station (multimedia based) First, get the quadcopter built ...

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.