Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

ItsDan's Content

There have been 71 items by ItsDan (Search limited from 12-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27343 Building custom go!bus modules for Netduino Go

Posted by ItsDan on 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM in Netduino Go

Posted Image

Does the above reflect the pinout correctly?

#26677 Facebook API

Posted by ItsDan on 07 April 2012 - 12:03 PM in General Discussion

Agreed, as someone who just wrote a facebook app, you're much better off using something where you can use one of their SDK's. Write a proxy service that your netduino can communicate with.

#26426 Redacted 00101100

Posted by ItsDan on 04 April 2012 - 04:36 PM in General Discussion

Your Order with Amazon.com -------------------------- Delivery estimate: Apr. 6, 2012

#25432 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 13 March 2012 - 12:52 AM in General Discussion

Omar great, thanks for doing a full box update, I'll make sure you get the next address soon if you don't already have it. What's amazing to me is there are SO few things I can see there that I'd originally put in the box!

#25183 Smooth acceleration and deceleration of a stepper motor

Posted by ItsDan on 07 March 2012 - 03:55 PM in General Discussion

Depending on what you mean by smooth, a sine curve is really one of the simplest ways to model any kind of non-linear change in a value.

#24536 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 21 February 2012 - 09:57 PM in General Discussion

The box showed up at DotNetNuke HQ today.
Posted Image

I'll go through it tonight/tomorrow and try to get it back out on Thursday.

My flyer survived!

#24356 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 17 February 2012 - 07:33 PM in General Discussion

Guess we can't make funny of Terry for holding things up anymore :)

#23204 Button click logging

Posted by ItsDan on 23 January 2012 - 04:57 PM in General Discussion

Also depending on what you have the interrupt detecting you may be recording constantly when the button is pressed instead of just when it changes to high.

#23080 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 20 January 2012 - 10:07 PM in General Discussion

VICTORY!

#22897 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 18 January 2012 - 01:59 AM in General Discussion

Liqdfire thanks for keeping us updated. Arron is the only one in contact with Terry and I know he's 'watch'ing this thread. Arron if speak with him can you see if he has a tracking#?

#22672 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 10 January 2012 - 08:37 PM in General Discussion

There should be time to call off the hit.

#22634 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 10 January 2012 - 01:21 AM in General Discussion

:(

Boy did I really want in on this. I have a ton of stuff to get rid of.

We'll work you in, originally I was going to have the box come back to me to finish off 'round 1', but I'll work with Arron to add the people who asked to be added afterwards. Anyone who wants in find the link higher up the thread wit the form to submit your details to, comment in the thread to make sure we look for new names.

#22630 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 10 January 2012 - 12:10 AM in General Discussion

It's pretty clear at this point that Terry has stolen our box. Would any graphically minded person like to create a Wanted poster?

#22174 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 28 December 2011 - 12:45 PM in General Discussion

That's a good question. There was plenty of talk of it going out 'very soon', I'll try to see what stalled it, if it is stalled.

#21411 Forum topics color

Posted by ItsDan on 06 December 2011 - 09:27 PM in General Discussion

I like the colors.

#21123 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 29 November 2011 - 07:19 PM in General Discussion

If Terry hasn't mailed it yet I could ask him to divert it to the next person and we could put you back on after you're back...

#21079 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 28 November 2011 - 06:10 PM in General Discussion

I believe Terry Massey now has the BOCS and should be sending it along shortly if he hasn't already.

#20414 Pan/Tile mechanism advice

Posted by ItsDan on 09 November 2011 - 03:20 PM in General Discussion

Stepper motors I would think would be enough, they come in a variety of step increments, and some can half-step, doubling their resolution. Fluid/silent motion means you want good bearings for any moving parts, and you want to make sure you ramp up/down your movement, probably just in software. You may want to use a belt between the motor and motion assembly and not direct drive it to help smooth it out more.

#20386 RS485

Posted by ItsDan on 08 November 2011 - 07:03 PM in General Discussion

Long term you could look into using a set of XBee chips to send the information back, either to another netduino which could log or directly to a pc.

#19702 Smoke machine control

Posted by ItsDan on 24 October 2011 - 03:40 PM in Project Showcase

I control a smoke machine for my halloween display, I use a small relay which can flip an AC circuit, but I'm not using an arduino to power it (it's powered off a 12v relay board connected to a PC. If you're fog machine is like all the ones I've seen, it's simply running the 120v line voltage to the remote and back if you press the switch. It's not a lower trigger voltage to control a relay in the machine itself. Because it's controlling a motor/pump I'd get a more hefty relay that can handle more current than the one you picked out to handle spikes if they occur.

#19558 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 21 October 2011 - 07:12 PM in General Discussion

Kode, glad you got something useful out of it, even if it was a handful of LEDs :) At least they're properly labeled with an item # so there's no guesswork!

#19538 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 21 October 2011 - 02:46 PM in General Discussion

Just an update, the BOCS arrived at KodeDaemon's address, and has already been shipped out to Glorious Leader Chris Walker.

#19042 What's in the magical, mysterious, box of crappy surplus?

Posted by ItsDan on 11 October 2011 - 07:02 PM in General Discussion

Jonny, great! Hope you found something useful inside, thanks for trying to expand the project by doing an opening party. I assume from the lack of replies that it didn't work out?

#18651 Initializing Brushless Motor problem

Posted by ItsDan on 01 October 2011 - 08:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I'm also building a quad, but haven't wired up a solution to your issue yet, triacs may work, I have some and was planning to try it. For now I 'boot' the netduino with a USB cable then connect the main battery, then unplug the usb. You could consider using a separate power supply for the netduino, to isolate it from the motors.

#18644 Initializing Brushless Motor problem

Posted by ItsDan on 01 October 2011 - 01:06 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Yes coil voltage is the voltage neccessary to close the relay. You'll want to try and find SSR models (solid-state-relays), normal relays are mechanical and can cause noise on the line. Ideally you want one that triggers at 3.3v, and under 16ma of current, so you could drive it right off a netduino pin. On the other side it needs to handle DC voltages matching your motors, and should be rated to a max current near the max current your motors can draw to be safe.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.