Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Geancarlo2's Content

There have been 70 items by Geancarlo2 (Search limited from 19-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27064 Netduino Plus as USB CD/DVD drive emulator?

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 12 April 2012 - 02:23 PM in General Discussion

Bit banging usb protocol->bad :( .netmf is not suited for real-time apps->bad :( netduino doesn't expose much usb functionality->bad :( Much easier to use software solutions on host machine->good :) Just woke up, too lazy to elaborate my post lol.

#26958 Working around lack of timezone on ND+

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 11 April 2012 - 07:45 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Maybe this http://tinyclr.com/forum/23/6474/ will work for you.

#26941 Arduino body movement sensor does not work

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 11 April 2012 - 02:59 PM in General Discussion

First, I suggest you experiment polling the sensor. Second, it seems to me there is a threshold potentiometer, so you should try playing with that...

#26545 What's wrong with my string array declaration?

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 05 April 2012 - 03:10 PM in General Discussion

Not true, I have literally just created a jagged byte array for the project I am working on.

private byte[][] workBuffer = new byte[2][] { new byte[35], new byte[35]};

You misunderstood my post because of the timing :)
byte[,] is a multidimensional array
byte[][] is a jagged array

#26526 What's wrong with my string array declaration?

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 05 April 2012 - 12:36 PM in General Discussion

As far as I remember multidimensional arrays aren't implemented in .netmf but you can use jagged arrays(string[][]).

#26514 Introducing Netduino Go

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 05 April 2012 - 09:50 AM in Netduino Go

Liking it so far, although I have to agree with Fred to a certain degree. When are full specifications coming(module/protocol and such)?

#26504 How to drive train models

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 05 April 2012 - 06:55 AM in General Discussion

Wouldn't schimitt trigger buffers along the line keep signal integrity? You can get them for $0.06 from Mouser.

#26259 Netduino Plus missing Classes under System.IO

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 02 April 2012 - 02:47 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I advise you check if the assemblies Microsoft.SPOT.IO and System.IO are referenced in your project. I can't really test anything else because I don't have access to a Netduino anymore :lol:

#26229 Redacted 00101100

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 01 April 2012 - 09:58 AM in General Discussion

Now it says "April's Fools!" :lol:

#26223 simple code need help

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 01 April 2012 - 03:29 AM in Visual Studio

That line was pointed as unreachable because you probably forgot the brackets, so your while true loop would repeat "controller.Write(false);" indefinitely. :D

public static void Thread_5()
{
while (true)
{
controller.Write(false);
Thread.Sleep(1 * SecondMs);
controller.Write(true);
Thread.Sleep(10 * MinuteMs);
}
}
public static void Thread_6()
{
for (int i = 0; i < 14; i++)
{
Thread.Sleep(1 * DayMs);
solenoid.Write(false);
Thread.Sleep(20 * SecondMs);
solenoid.Write(true);
}

}

#26221 simple code need help

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 01 April 2012 - 02:56 AM in Visual Studio

This \/ is what I meant and you are missing the {} on your loops inside thread_5 and 6. In terms of syntax I think there's nothing else to be fixed..
public const int SecondMs = 1000;
public const int MinuteMs = 60 * SecondMs;
public const int HourMs = 60 * MinuteMs;
public const int DayMs = 24 * HourMs;
public const int WeekMs = 7 * DayMs;
static OutputPort ph = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D2, true);
static OutputPort b = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D3, true);
static OutputPort a = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D4, true);
static OutputPort drain = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D5, true);
static OutputPort solenoid = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D6, true);
static OutputPort heater = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D7, true);
static OutputPort controller = new OutputPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_D8, true);

public static void Main()
{
drain.Write(false);
Thread.Sleep(16 * MinuteMs);
drain.Write(true);

Thread tid_1 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_1));
Thread tid_2 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_2));
Thread tid_3 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_3));
Thread tid_4 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_4));
Thread tid_5 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_5));
Thread tid_6 = new Thread(new ThreadStart(Thread_4));

#26218 simple code need help

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 01 April 2012 - 01:50 AM in Visual Studio

You have declared your variables inside Main() so they only exist in that scope. Declare them like below after your consts:

static OutputPort blahblah=new OutputPort(etcetc);

you also forgot {} in Thread_5 and Thread_6

#26015 Cannot connect to Pachube

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 27 March 2012 - 12:42 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Are you using a crossover cable from pc to netduino?Try setting a static IP that suits your network configuration and ping it to make sure it is ok.

#25797 Netduino Plus Low Memory

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 21 March 2012 - 06:37 AM in General Discussion

Most likely call Debug.GC(true) before big allocations and keep your arrays small, preferably static.

#25551 Delay or getting stuck at deployment "Preparing to deploy assemblies to t...

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 15 March 2012 - 03:15 PM in Visual Studio

You gotta add that build toolbar and press the red circled button or hit ctrl+break(on my default configuration).

Attached Thumbnails

• cancel build.png

#25461 Delay or getting stuck at deployment "Preparing to deploy assemblies to t...

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 13 March 2012 - 05:40 PM in Visual Studio

What I used to do was: -cancel deployment/compilation on VS -disable netduino driver on Device Manager -replug netduino into usb -enable netduino once again This solved BSOD issues as far as i remember.

#25008 Native programming, which tools do I need?

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 03 March 2012 - 01:33 AM in General Discussion

Hey, saw your post on tinyclr forums so I remembered about this thread lol Nice timing with the FEZ Cerberus release!

#24653 Connecting ADXL345 (wireless)

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 24 February 2012 - 09:05 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

As to my previous question about connecting ADXL345 with Netduino wireless, I found this project which seems that they managed to make this happen. see this link: My link

I don't understand what is mbed, and code seems not in C# :S

On that project there are 2 "parts":

-rover with mbed+xbee+power wires
-controller with mbed+adx345+xbee+power wires

Now, what I think you are trying to accomplish is:

-take measurements using adxl345+wireless transmitter+battery powered
-netduino receives data and sends it to computer=>netduino+wireless receiver+usb powered

Since the adxl345 talks SPI and I2C, you will need a microcontroller to interface it with your transmitter OR a transmitter with that functionality built in. Popular wireless transmitter(transceivers actually) are the xbee and the nrf24 devices from Nordic. In fact Nordic has some SoCs that already contain a programmable 8051 microcontroller.

On netduino's side, you will use the corresponding receiver and you can have it transmitting data to your pc via virtual serial port and powered using a 5V FTDI cable. Note that you will still need Netduino's built in usb connector for debugging and deployment using this approach.

I hope to have cleared some of your questions.

#24589 Image Process

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 23 February 2012 - 03:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

It is a general consensus that .netmf is not suited for real time or processing applications. It also doesn't have much memory.

#24563 Powering the Netduino

Posted by Geancarlo2 on 22 February 2012 - 05:19 PM in General Discussion

It's one of the serial-enabled LCD's on sparkfun. Here's it's datasheet. I was basing the power requirement on the statement: "Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A" I see no other indications of what it would need to draw.

The datasheet says the modules uses 3mA with backlight off and about 60mA when it is on. The transistor can handle 1A in case you want to draw current through pin 15-explained on section "Hi-Current Control Pin".

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.