Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

cce1911's Content

There have been 59 items by cce1911 (Search limited from 16-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49456 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 15 May 2013 - 03:26 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

This was a strange issue and I never did figure out why the N2 code would not run on the N+2, I did find a work around.

Basically, I defined the input using the Auto-Repeat button (http://forums.netdui...n-press-sample/) and it worked. Don't ask me why this worked, but it did.

#49455 Issues with buttons and LCD

Posted by cce1911 on 15 May 2013 - 03:22 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Hanz,

Well I'm still getting intermittent behavior with the second line of the display. I grounded D0-D4 with a 100k resistor as you suggested and that did not resolve the problem. I purchased another 16x2 LCD from Adafruit and that did not solve the problem. I've even ported my code to a N+2 and I'm still seeing the issue of sometimes being able to see line 2 but most of the time I can't. If I unplug the USB cable to reboot, hold my jaw just right and I'm not wearing any socks, the 2nd line will sometimes work. All joking aside, I'm convinced its not a hardware problem.

You mentioned that it could be an issue with clocking. I assume this would be in the MicroLiquidCrystal library correct? Would a shift register and Mario's library solve the problem?

#49406 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 14 May 2013 - 03:03 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Upon closer examination, here is the debug output:

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in Microsoft.SPOT.Hardware.dll

Any suggestions?

#49404 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 14 May 2013 - 02:17 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Ok, so I referenced

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.Netduino;

and I still get the same exception.

I next tried moving the button assignments around and now I get the same exception, but on a [font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]different InterruptPort assignment.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Keep in mind that I'm moving from a Netduino 2 to a Netduino + 2. Chris' post refers to N+ to N+2.[/font]

#49372 N2 to NP2 issue

Posted by cce1911 on 12 May 2013 - 10:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I have code that works fine when running on N2, but when I run the same code on the N2+ I get a System.ArgumentException on this line of code:

// Input Trigger - This input starts the cycle

InterruptPort inpTrigger = new InterruptPort(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A5, true, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled, Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);

It is simply a button to start my program running.

BTW I am using:

using SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlus;

Any suggestions?

-Capel

#49106 How to Write/Read to Built-in Flash/EEPROM on the BARE Netduino?

Posted by cce1911 on 06 May 2013 - 04:51 PM in Visual Studio

It's a feature on our wish list, something that we baked into the hardware design. Right now we're focused on ensuring that all Netduino Plus 2 features work really well for our community and that projects upgrade seamlessly.

After the holidays we'll start attacking new software features. If this one gets the most votes, it gets in the first batch Posted Image

Chris

Did this make the list?

#49087 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 06 May 2013 - 02:43 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I definitely have a conflict with the SPI pins. If I free up D10-D13 I'm 2 pins short of what I need for the project.

#49077 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 05 May 2013 - 08:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

NooM,

I have the N2 with a 2gb SD card.

The reason I say it does not appear to work is because my app works when the I/O is connected to the N2, but when I plug in the SD shield and move all the I/O wires to it, the app will not run. Nowhere does the documentation say it is Netduino compatible, I was assuming it was when I bought it, now I'm trying to confirm this assumption. I have not written any code to read/write to the SD card, yet.

You can see my initial schematic here: http://forums.netdui...uttons-and-lcd/

I'm not familiar with eeproms, would you point me to some tutorials? I like the sound of cheap:)

#49064 Compatible SD Shield?

Posted by cce1911 on 05 May 2013 - 03:53 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I purchased a Seedstudio SD shield (http://www.seeedstud...l?cPath=132_134

) but it does not appear to work. Has anyone used this shield with the Netduino?

If not, what shield do you suggest?

I need to store 18 configuration values (double) from one power up to the next...

-Capel

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.