Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

chedemefedeme's Content

There have been 8 items by chedemefedeme (Search limited from 27-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16122 Netduino Plus Enclosures?

Posted by chedemefedeme on 31 July 2011 - 09:49 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've heard with slight modifications these are pretty good. http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B003ZKJNVY I've even seen a guy cut the top of one to put a 16x2 LCD in it. In your case you may just barely have to modify it to get the USB to come through. Hard to get cheaper than that, anyway.

#16119 PING a host on the network

Posted by chedemefedeme on 31 July 2011 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I also voted...but if this works in the emulator is this not somehow an issue with the selection of stuff in firmware on the netdunio rather than the .NET framework? I could easily be wrong but just asking.

#16098 PING a host on the network

Posted by chedemefedeme on 31 July 2011 - 04:19 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I believe that the emulator uses the closed-source RTIP networking stack instead of the lwIP open-source networking stack.

If this is supported in lwIP and it fits, we could certainly enable it.

Chris

Chris,

If there is anything you can do to enable this soon it would be greatly appreciated by many. In my situation I bought one netduino plus to test an application. If this can be made to work I'll almost instantly be purchasing several more to use for my ping testing application. I think your choices are either to fix what these guys are hitting with sockets or implement .net's ping() class, which may just handle more of this inherently.

#16051 PING a host on the network

Posted by chedemefedeme on 29 July 2011 - 04:43 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've downloaded and will try this later today and let you know how it goes! Thanks in advance!

#15942 PING a host on the network

Posted by chedemefedeme on 27 July 2011 - 12:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Perhaps the other thread dug back out of oblivion was too confused. I have a simple need: to ping another host on the network from my netduino plus' c# code. I've owned it for days and gotten it to do all manner of other things but can't seem to figure this one out. .NET seems to have a ping class but it is not supported on the netduino? Please let me know how this can be done. I really would think such a simple functionality is possible on this unit so surely I'm missing something obvious. Great device and thanks in advance!

#15891 Can't release/renew IP address?

Posted by chedemefedeme on 25 July 2011 - 04:07 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I've found that a reboot (which can be initiated within my code) is the only reliable way to do this. A shame the release and renew of IP doesn't seem to work properly without rebooting the whole device. Perhaps in a new firmware update this can be addressed? Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to ping another host from this thing and my application will be humming along. Seems some ICMP stuff is either missing or different in netduino's .net micro framework. Any ideas appreciated.

#15890 Netduino send ICMP Ping ?

Posted by chedemefedeme on 25 July 2011 - 04:01 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'd like to bring this back to life. Can someone please give an example of pinging another host on the network using Netduino Plus in c#?

#15843 Can't release/renew IP address?

Posted by chedemefedeme on 24 July 2011 - 03:25 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hello. I'm having some trouble with my new Netduino. Running the current stable firmware I am unable to do a "release and renew" of the device's IP address in software. Release will set the IP to all 0s but renew will never work after that. The only way to get the device an IP again is to remove it from power then boot it back up. I'm pretty new to C#/.Net so perhaps someone can show me how to do this properly in code..but so far I've tried a vast many ways and simply am stuck on this. The application I'm writing depends upon the ability to reliably release/renew in software without having to power cycle the thing. Thanks in advance for the help. First time owner and this thing is pretty nifty!

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.