Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Fabien Royer's Content

There have been 203 items by Fabien Royer (Search limited from 16-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#38392 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 09:05 PM in Netduino Go

That's not likely. Let me ask you this: does the LED next to port D7 blink when there's communication between the Go board and the DAQ?

#38581 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 05 November 2012 - 08:36 PM in Netduino Go

You're quite welcome :)

#38444 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 07:57 PM in Netduino Go

Ok. When you get to testing the UART, can you please enable the DAQ's internal diagnostics and post the output that you see in your dumb terminal when mounting the file system?
See http://nwazet.com/co...torageRegisters for enabling diagnostic messages.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#38540 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 05 November 2012 - 07:10 AM in Netduino Go

LED near D7 flashing very very fast and kind of dim

That's normal with the latest firmware: it indicates that SPI communication is indeed taking place.

Please contact at fabien <at> nwazet <dot> com tomorrow so that we can figure out what's going on here.

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#38397 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 11:33 PM in Netduino Go

Are you using the latest C# driver from https://bitbucket.or...royer/nwazet.go?
Can you please post the code you're using here so that I can test it and try to repro what you're seeing?

#38459 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 09:52 PM in Netduino Go

Let's wait until you have the UART diagnostics up for a complete picture. Thanks, -Fabien.

#38436 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 05:22 PM in Netduino Go

Yet, you're able to use all the other functions of the DAQ, except for the file system?

#38456 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 03 November 2012 - 09:21 PM in Netduino Go

Sounds good. Can you please provide a stack trace when you encounter the exception as well as a dump of the BasicTypeDeSerializerContext._buffer? Thanks, -Fabien.

#38395 Nwazet SD Card

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 November 2012 - 11:23 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks. That tells me that you have the latest version of the DAQ firmware running, which is good. Now, if you use the exact file system test sample posted on our site (adapted to the actual Go socket you're using), what happens?

#36420 nwazet relay module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 02 October 2012 - 06:30 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Danny, I just put together a short demo on using one of our relays. I hope this helps and clarifies things for you. Cheers, -Fabien.

#36800 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 07:30 PM in Netduino Go

Asbjørn,

The LEDs on the Go! are user addressable and you can PWM them if you want. It's a very neat effect :) The LEDs on the DAQ are all user-addressable too. You can PWM 3 digital GPIOs on the DAQ to control a regular RGB LED plugged into a breadboard.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#37798 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 22 October 2012 - 08:00 PM in Netduino Go

Looking good like the rest of the Nwazet kit. Would be nice to see an EU distributor.
Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

We looked for EU distributors early on when we launched our Go! modules. Unfortunately, UK distributors who have responded so far wanted a very high cut for their services, to the extent where it was not sustainable for us. Outside of the UK, I would recommend checking out http://shop.microfra...gue.aspx/nwazet who resells Nwazet products in the EU and asking them for the Nwazet Go Pro kit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#36879 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 05:45 PM in Netduino Go

The plates in the picture were the 'prototype' ones. The actual production plates have minimalist laser-etched markers to let you know where to connect things :) Also, the final plates don't have any holes on the top plate, above the power supply.

-Fabien.

#36913 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 11:56 PM in Netduino Go

What were you thinking guys?

The heavy metal knob introduces a bit of inertia and provides a great natural 'force feedback' to the user, which translates into a much finer control on the input.

So, what were we thinking?
We were thinking about building a quality piece, paying attention to all details, big and small :)

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#36793 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 06:59 PM in Netduino Go

Thanks Asbjørn :) The DAQ features 19 built-in LEDs :) The Touch Display can turn into *many* custom buttons and has a built-in keyboard feature. The button on the Netduino Go is also accessible. Using the breadboards, you can also easily connect 8 more buttons to the DAQ's digital GPIOs and 8 more pots to the analog inputs. Cheers, -Fabien.

#38360 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 01 November 2012 - 11:32 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Mattster, Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you like the kit :) About the knob: a good way to ensure that the knob doesn't wobble is to let it rest flat on the top board before securing it to the shaft. Then, as you tighten the screw against the pot's shaft, gently push down on the dome of the knob. That method has worked well for me so far, but a bit of tape works too. Cheers, -Fabien.

#36789 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 October 2012 - 06:36 PM in Netduino Go

Get serious building solutions on the .Net Micro Framework with this superb kit!

Be proud to showcase your work, presenting an image of quality from concept to finished product: your work deserves the polish of our black acrylic plates, laser-cut to exquisite precision around the best Netduino Go modules available today.

Composition
The Touch Screen will take complex user input and will display rich graphical feedback.
The 7-segment module will show essential numeric data that must be visible at a glance.
The Data Acquisition module will handle high volume inputs and outputs, serial communications, sensors, data storage and time.
The potentiometer is equipped with a heavy metal knob providing a very satisfying user feedback and blending perfectly with the look and feel of the kit.
A powerful Netduino Go, juiced by our USB power supply, orchestrates your show.

Prototyping
The black acrylic plates feature two main prototyping areas, ready to receive two breadboards (included in the kit). Additionally, a third mini breadboard can be placed between the DAQ module connectors. The kit includes two clear auto-adhesive breadboards, each providing two power rails and 400 connection points. The kit also includes forty 6" M/M premium jumper wires.

Value
If you wanted to put this exact kit together yourself, you'd have to spend over $300.
By carefully selecting our parts and designing for manufacturing, we were able to offer it for $250. Our hope is that you'll invest the $50 difference in building your next idea with us :)

For more details, check out the product page.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Thumbnails

• 00.jpg
  • 01.jpg
  • 02.jpg
  • 04.jpg

#36906 Nwazet Go Pro Kit

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 October 2012 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Go

I won't be able to confirm until I can test with the actual SL Ethernet module.
All I can say is that I just took a look with another SPI Ethernet module (http://www.futurlec...._Ethernet.shtml) and it fits between the two acrylic plates.

-Fabien.

#28764 Nwazet Display Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 11:28 PM in Netduino Go

@NXT

On the #2, do you have a timeframe? I'm unfortunately under a time crunch

This is a simple addition to the existing touch display firmware and to the C# API.
I can make it available sometime next week in source and binary form.

-Fabien.

#28797 Nwazet Display Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 11 May 2012 - 12:20 AM in Netduino Go

@NXT

To simplify module flashing, I would strongly suggest purchasing a 3.3v FTDI cable, a couple breakout sockets and some M/F and F/F jumper wires.
This article will help you understand the recommendation: http://fabienroyer.w...ng-out-sockets/

I use a variant on this breakout method for flashing the touch display module firmware using ST's Flash Loader demo application (command line version).

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#28743 Nwazet Display Module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 09 May 2012 - 07:57 PM in Netduino Go

Hi,

Regarding your questions:

#1: Yup, in general, it will work but you might see slight variations between a wide sample set of displays
#2: We have a firmware update planned to enable this scenario (once Secret Labs releases the ability to reflash modules in the field)
#3: Interesting finding. I have not noticed that. Please file a bug on our BitBucket repository with a repro snippet and I'll investigate. In the meantime, this is something that's handled on the C# side, so you could fix it and contribute the fix back ;)

Thanks,
-Fabien.

#34475 nwazet display module

Posted by Fabien Royer on 31 August 2012 - 01:33 AM in Netduino Go

Hi Greg, To conserve power when you don't need the display, I'd recommend turning the display off completely instead, through the Go! socket power control. Cheers, -Fabien.

#34975 Nwazet Data Acquisition Module for Netduino Go

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 September 2012 - 06:34 PM in Netduino Go

To Gutworks, Dave, neslekkim, nakchak, Thanks guys :) -Fabien.

#34974 Nwazet Data Acquisition Module for Netduino Go

Posted by Fabien Royer on 10 September 2012 - 06:28 PM in Netduino Go

Hi Chris,

While a lot of people see GoBus as a plug-and-play module standard, it works great for building IO expansion boards too. Need 8 more ADCs and 8 more GPIOs? No problem. With a future upgrade to GoBus 1.5, this should be a valuable "virtual I/O" expander board (with convenient power and GND headers next to each pin).

The DAQ module, just like our Touch Display module, delivers on the promise of virtual I/O today by integrating different functions out of the box into a single plug-and-play module:
  • Analog Inputs
  • Digital Inputs
  • SDHC storage up to 16GB
  • Real Time clock
  • I2C bus
  • Serial communication (USART)
  • and few others things not yet exposed ;)
The benefits are obvious:
  • it offers critical functions missing from Go! today
  • it enables building cost-effective applications with off-the-shelf components (pots, buttons, switches, relays, analog and I2C sensors, wired and wireless serial communication with XBee, Bluetooth, WiFi)
  • It maximizes the number of free sockets on the main board for other functions (relays, display, etc...)
  • It can be used as a standalone embedded system to reduce deployment costs in production solutions
  • it works today on Go!Bus 1.0 and can leverage the evolution of the spec as needed

The red LEDs are a classy bonus. Nice touch, Fabien.

The important point here is that having these on-board LEDs frees up I/O connections for other more important things. You get to have your cake AND eat it :)

How do the Adafruit breakouts connect in? Is there an adapter for them, or is it best to solder on female headers to the Adafruit breakouts and then use jumper wires?

It's really simple: insert the sensors into a small breadboard and connect 4 wires to the DAQ (SCL, SDA, power and GND). I'll have demos showing how simple this is very shortly.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#34853 Nwazet Data Acquisition Module for Netduino Go

Posted by Fabien Royer on 08 September 2012 - 06:00 AM in Netduino Go

Hi,

Our Data Acquisition module (DAQ for short) is designed for Netduino Go! users looking for a simple, cost-effective platform for integrating analog and digital I/Os, off-the-shelf I2C sensors, time tracking, SDHC storage (up to 16GB) and serial communications to their projects.

When we set out to design the DAQ module 5 months ago, we put a great deal of thought into the real-world scenarios shared by our customers when Netduino Go! launched and how many wanted to apply the power of the .Net Micro Framework in the context of rapid system prototyping, light industrial control systems, home automation, hydroponic growing systems, security systems, UAVs, robots and of course, Internet-connected devices.

The first design choice we made was to choose an extremely robust spring-loaded wire connection system, providing power, data and ground on every port where they're needed. On ports that are 5v and 3.3v tolerant, both power types are available. Because each wire is held securely in its place with strong springs that can only be released by applying pressure with a very small screwdriver, communications are more reliable and power to sensors and analog devices more stable than in conventional system using female pin headers. In addition, our spring-loaded wiring system enabled us to design a smaller and lighter board than would have been possible with screw connectors.

Our second design choice was to enable our customers to leverage the large array of existing I2C-compliant sensors on the market today without having to wait long development cycles for similar Go! modules to be brought to market. To this end, we have partnered with Adafruit to provide a variety of useful I2C sensors that work 'out-of-the-box' with our DAQ module in order to help you get started quickly with your designs. We are also committed to developing a comprehensive driver library for popular sensors from Adafruit and other vendors over time.

Our third design choice was to place user-controllable status LEDs on each I/O port of the DAQ module, allowing for a simple and effective method of providing user feedback from an application at no additional cost and without consuming the DAQ's digital I/Os for that purpose alone. We also embedded extensive sub-system diagnostics into the DAQ, available on-demand, in plain English through the serial port to help with troubleshooting issues in the field as well as easing the development of custom application drivers.

Our final design choice was to provide a complete, easy to hack system, with SDHC storage, a real-time clock, optional external power, and above all, capable of being used as a stand-alone 48Mhz ARM-Cortex M0 micro-controller programmable in C/C++ using a standard 0.1" JTAG/SWD pin header. In fact, an STM32F051 Discovery board, costing less than $10, was used for its embedded STLink/V2 interface throughout the entire development of the DAQ module firmware.

We believe that you'll find this module extremely useful in unlocking the full potential of Netduino Go! and building amazing applications right now. We also have a feature road map for the DAQ module and you can expect to see more smart functions, performance improvements and your very own feedback embedded in upcoming versions of the firmware. Last but not least, the DAQ module will be ready to leverage Go!Bus protocol advancements when the time comes.

For the full specifications and feature set, please check out http://nwazet.com/da...uisition-module

Thanks,

Cheers,
-Fabien.

Attached Thumbnails

• DAQ-00.jpg
  • DAQ-01.jpg
  • DAQ-Sensors.jpg

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.