Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

nwazet relay module

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DannyC

DannyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hey Guys,

I am new to the netduino community, saw Pete Brown demo some of his cool gadgets at the South Florida code camp and purchased a netduino go. Also purchased a nwazet relay module and wanted to control my Galaxy box fan. Always been a coder and now starting to mess around with electronics, so not to sure on how to properly connect it to the relay module. Can anyone point me in the correct direction and apologies for any newbie questions.

Thanks guys

Box Fan power are the white cables, n and speeds are black & gray
Posted Image
DannyC

#2 Paul Newton

Paul Newton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationBerkshire, UK

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi Danny, I think the first thing you need to do is draw out an electrical circuit of what the current control system does (rotary/rocker switches?). Once you have that, then you can work out how to control the fan with the relays. I see the "N 1 2 3" connection on the mystery black blob - you may need several relays to control the fan. On a safety note, make sure you box this project so you can't get a shock. The relay board will probably have soldered connections on the underside that need to be covered. Get advice on this from someone competent; the rules are different in different countries. Have (safe) Fun - Paul

#3 DannyC

DannyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks Paul, will definitely look into it before even attempting. :)
DannyC

#4 DannyC

DannyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the large image in my first post. Here is an update on my current test. Wanted to try the relay with a volt tester to make sure it's working properly and here is a picture of my current setup:

Posted Image
High Res

The white cables are the 110V power connection connected to the relay on T1 and have the volt tester connected on T2.

Here is my test code:
public static void Main()
{
	var relay = new Nwazet.Go.Relay.Relay();
	relay.Initialize(GoSockets.Socket4);

while (true)
	{
		relay.Activate(true);
		Thread.Sleep(3000);
		relay.Activate(false);
		relay.Dispose();

break;
	}
}

When testing the relay's active led turns on for the 3 second period but the volt tester never turns on. The volt tester does work as it lights up when connected to a 110V light socket.
My question is, are my connections wrong or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
DannyC

#5 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Hi Danny, I just put together a short demo on using one of our relays. I hope this helps and clarifies things for you. Cheers, -Fabien.

#6 DannyC

DannyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

Thanks Fabien
DannyC

#7 DannyC

DannyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Update: I ordered a new relay and this time it's working great. Can now power all the cool electronics in the house through code! :D
DannyC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.