Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 27-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45907 Netduino 2 frozen

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 03:15 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

yes it should, as dfu device (or netduino in dfu mode or something like that) when you plug it in while the button pressed.

:(

maybe try reinstalling netduino sdk fpr the drivers. if that doesent help, sry, iam out of ideas :(

#45915 Did I brick my Mini?

Posted by NooM on 20 February 2013 - 07:53 PM in Netduino Mini

and you didnt choose my answer as best answer? :(

now iam sad :P

#45946 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 09:13 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

first: the socket code/drivers is from an external nsource, lwip i think, so its not microsoft based :(

than: i had the same problem with my arduino, also cosm.

i fixed it that way:

i just restart the device every 10 minutes -.-  (with software, later iam gonna add an attiny85 as external "watchdog" todo that)

since than i had no more problems.

#45955 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 10:09 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

joopc: no iam not kidding. i offered a solution (or workaround or whatever you want to call it)

gebrander: your 1.) i dont even try to answer, whatever man ...

2.) yes a workaround, cos it will take time to fix the real issue (wich has todo with the dhcp i assume)

if your lucky it will be fixed with the .netmf 4.3 version (new lwip version) -

if that isent the case, it will take a long time to get this fix, so what todo?

cry? or try to "fix" or workaround it yourself?

you can also do something usefull and support .netmf / lwip with better code

keep in mind that sl is not a billion dollar company with hundreds of developers, and there is many stuff that needs fixes/attention

also - if you change too much on the core, it gives troubles on the further netmf updates.

#45962 We have reproduce a lockup (when the internet fails) with a video

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 11:17 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

-.- i never said that i dont want it all fixed or something like that. i like working stuff :P

but the stupid answers about me kidding and that tv stuff indeed make me angry, i mean, i tried to offer

some help and my experience. iam in no way affiliated with sl or some company.

//edit: if id know a better solution (for now) id tell it.

#45964 Adafruit NFC shield

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 12:04 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

i2c does not have/need a cs (chipselect) pin. it access the device with an address.

maybe the pin is used for something else.

#45974 Is there a TcpClient class for the N+2?

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 05:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont _think_ netmf supports this, but since its very basic stuff its easy to write your own (or just work directly with sockets)

btw: netmf doesent support async in sockets

#45979 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM in General Discussion

i suggest not using a linear regulator for a car battery (you sure its 12v and not 24v ?)

linear regulators are inefficient and make a lot of heat, while swichting regulators are way more effiecent and

dont need cooling (at least for around 10 watts)

the cheap lm2577 regulators from ebay work great for that.

there are also some for more power (but 10 watts is a lot!! thats 2amp @ 5 volt)

//edit 2577 is step up, sry, i meant LM2596

#46047 Is there a Watchdog breakout out there?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 09:10 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

seriously thats a very complex watchdog i think.

iam using a attiny85 for that, and its just a few lines of code.

and for the netduino side its just setting a pin low and high.

there might be even simpler solutions (real watchdog ic's) - wich only needs to pull a pin low and high.

#46052 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 10:33 AM in General Discussion

its not a bad idea, but you have to be carefull.

last few days 2 duinos got fried of beein not carefully enough with 12v. :(

i suggest opto-isolating the pins from netduino to the 12v stuff, not just a transistor/mosfet.

#46054 Tutorial: Netduino + WP8 real-life maze game

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 10:54 AM in Project Showcase

haha, now thats really cool thing. like

#46073 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM in General Discussion

i like that usb power supply thingy, its what i suggested, a swichting regulator from ebay (LM2596) - yeah in the post before i mentioned the wrong one, i corrected this.

i use them a lot. :wub:

about noise: well that depends: when i use a cheap cellphone charger i get a lot of noise, but

from a battery or a regulated power supply i get no noise at all (with the voltage first stepped up, than stepped down again, so 2x switching)

about the design: i think the chinese use the standard design from the datasheet.

there are also some versions that have current limiters, with them you can even charge li-** akkus.

its also kind of protection, so no fuse is needed.

(well, i just have the normal ones, when i short them they die, when i use more current than they can supply they drop the voltage a lot)

#46087 How to power netduino without USB?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM in General Discussion

how did you get this values? doesent sound right to me.

was running code with a loop on all devices?

(my mini consumes ~30ma with fresh firmware install w/o program, but ~100-120ma with some code running)

#46095 How do you convert potentiometer values to voltage?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 09:53 PM in General Discussion

if you use the ms analog class just read - returns a single from 0-1 .. where 0 = 0% and 1 = 100%

multiply it with 3.3 and you have the voltage.

like its value is 0.5 = 50% = 1.65v

#46097 How do you convert potentiometer values to voltage?

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 09:57 PM in General Discussion

btw: if you really _have to_ use the sl class (or used readRaw on ms class) the correct formula is:

Single voltage= sensorValue * (3.3f / 1024f);

#46098 NETMF Framework API Discrepancies

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 10:02 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

what you are trying todo?

Utility.SetLocalTime(DateTime.Now); (example..) // working for me

the pwmchannels enum is a define from secretlabs, not microsoft. it just routes the pwmchannels to the right cpu.pwmchannel (thats from ms)

yes n+ supports 4.2.  4.2 is great!

for the webservice: sry no idea

#46113 433MHz / 2.4GHz communications with Netduino/Netduino Plus

Posted by NooM on 22 February 2013 - 11:24 PM in General Discussion

the nRF24L01+ work very well, iam using them. on codeplex is a library for that device.

communication arduino <> netduino via the nrf i didnt got to work - i think its of the codebase, so its hard to find

out the right channel and addresses for each. theoretically it would work.

the 433 i suggest not to use, thats illegal in many countries, and there is also a lot of noise, and afaik

you have to filter the noise out yourself, while the nrf makes this for you.

#46124 Netduino/Raspberry Pi based Internet and Broadcast Radio

Posted by NooM on 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM in Project Showcase

cool project!

wich amplifiers are you using?

greetings

#46125 VS2012 NetduinoPlus 4.2 firmware

Posted by NooM on 23 February 2013 - 10:34 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you set the output to netmf 4.2 in properties?

#46163 Control RTS SerialPOrt

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 11:56 AM in Visual Studio

nothing todo with the original stuff, but:

mario, thanks for that link/blogpost, crc looks promising for serial error detection.

#46170 PWM Issue with Netduino 4.2 SDK

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 05:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it should work.

i have some suggestions: first: your setting the freq and duty in the constructor, so the led.Frequency and duty after that is not needed, set the values you want there. (and ofc wherever you wanna change it)

also, try setting tghe invert parameter to true, maybe helps (depends on the circiut wich you connected the led)

and try:

Single test = 0.0f;

while (true)

{
led1.DutyCycle = test;
test+= 0.05f;
if(test > 1.0f)
{
test = 0.0f;
}
Thread.Sleep(100);
}

#46174 netduino 2 plus no longer registers via USB

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 07:25 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

what did you do before it stopped working?

i dont believe that a working duino stops working w/o you doing something.

:rolleyes:

that will help narrow down the error (call me pessimistic, but not getting recognized sounds very bad)

#46175 Piezo buzzer port

Posted by NooM on 24 February 2013 - 07:29 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

for testing and such i suggest using a thread.sleep(5*1000); at the beginning _before_ your code, so when you reset it it gives you enough time

to just remove the app or deploy a new one before it crashes again.

(and seriously, 5 seconds is not really that long ...)

#46211 PWM Issue with Netduino 4.2 SDK

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 09:12 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

wow i also forgot it had to be started first, i thought it just starts when initialized -.-

but well, its some time since i used it for testing.

#46219 VS2012 NetduinoPlus 4.2 firmware

Posted by NooM on 25 February 2013 - 12:18 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

you nearly got it :)

its: //PWM backlightPwm0 = new PWM(PWMChannels.PWM_PIN_D3, 1000, 0.6f, false);

you cant use too low frequenzy (iam not sure whats the smallest value is you can use, theres a thread about it, gutworks explained it there)

first value is the pin, second is the freuqenzy in hz, thrid is the duty cycle in percent, 4th is the inverting setting (like 0.1f duty gets to 0.9f than -

thats just that you can use the same code for different external circiuts, cos it makes a difference wich transistor and such you choose, npn, pnp)

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.