Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

NooM's Content

There have been 301 items by NooM (Search limited from 27-September 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#47275 How does NETMF/Netduino handle embedded resources

Posted by NooM on 16 March 2013 - 06:01 PM in General Discussion

another approach would be save the file to an eeprom (or a sd card ..), and than read it in chunks

#47294 SB with NGO much slower then Arduino

Posted by NooM on 17 March 2013 - 05:22 PM in Netduino Go

yeah i can imagine that beein very slow.

from what i know shieldbase uses uart (serial) to send the commands, and you send a lot of it, theres also error checking ans stuff i dont even know of i guess :P

next: netmf is interpreted, and its way slower than arduino, way way way.

the benefit  for sure it the nice ide and a managed and beautiful language, more ram and flash

#47295 Still a Serial Port Problem

Posted by NooM on 17 March 2013 - 05:30 PM in General Discussion

now i can confirm that serial is not the most reliable, but it works quite well for me.

i noticed that when i send a lot of data very fast (115200) some byte gets lost/shifted by one byte.

i than implemented an packet framing, and also send the size of the packet. its very very reliable since than

like that

id remove all the thread.sleep in your sample code and stuff the bytes into a buffer.

i know you wanna work with a gsp shield, so encoding and stuff wount be of any help.

#47314 Dead Netduino?

Posted by NooM on 18 March 2013 - 02:40 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

great that it works again!

#47377 Faster Alternative

Posted by NooM on 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM in General Discussion

no there isnt. but you dont wanna faster processor for this, you just have todo

this native, not managed.

id hook up a cheap attiny or mega to read the signals and than send the results to netduino per spi

or something like that. theres also stm8 that will do well.

#47378 Cannot connect to device

Posted by NooM on 19 March 2013 - 02:15 PM in Netduino Go

i _guess_ you have a very tight loop or some crashing code.

i make a thread.sleep(some seconds) before my code when iam testing new stuff, so i have time

to overwrite it before it crashes again.

#47397 Cannot connect to device

Posted by NooM on 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM in Netduino Go

reflashing. start in dfu mode, reflash firmware

#47399 Powering the Mini from a Netduino

Posted by NooM on 19 March 2013 - 11:14 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

yes its possible, but keep in mind the netduino cant supply unlimited power. read the datasheet for more information (i think its around 500-800ma, depends on the voltage you put in)

also, if you power it from usb, usb (2.0) can only supply 500ma max

#47419 Sainsmart 16-Channel 12V Relay Board

Posted by NooM on 20 March 2013 - 07:04 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

it looks like they are opto isolated (the ic's with the 4 pins look like couplers)

- but iam sure the 12 means it wants 12 to turn the relays. read what stands on them, they switch up to 250v at some amps

the weird flashing is maybe cos the relays drew so much power to switch on that there was a spike wich made the duino crash/kinda crash

#47457 Faster Alternative

Posted by NooM on 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM in General Discussion

attiny85 or stm8's - but that needs some c coding. if you dont know that, i wouldnt bother.

#47492 Netduino Plus 2 native c firmware upload

Posted by NooM on 22 March 2013 - 07:50 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am not sure this is relevant, but ST-LINK/V2 included on the Discovery board can be used to debug and program other micros/boards via SWD, it is just needed to remove those two jumpers of CN3 connector (ST-LINK/DISCOVERY selector).

i told him in the chat :(

#47518 Netduino crystal Oscillator

Posted by NooM on 24 March 2013 - 01:23 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

isent it 25mhz ?

#47536 Adding CANbus support

Posted by NooM on 24 March 2013 - 05:07 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

i dont think that will work, not only that you have to write the

native drivers yourself, the pins it nuses have to be broken out also.

id go with a spi <> canbus ic

#47575 MCP23017 Interrupts

Posted by NooM on 25 March 2013 - 09:33 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

enum Register        {            IODDIR_A = 0x00, // Input/Output address            IPOL_A = 0x02, // sets the polarity of the input pin (invert)            GPINTEN_A = 0x04, // enable interrupt register            DEFVAL_A = 0x06, // default values for interrupt register            INTCON_A = 0x08, // interrupt register            IOCON_A = 0x0A, //             GPPU_A = 0x0C, // pullup resistor addressout            INTF_A = 0x0E,            INTCAP_A = 0x10,            GPIO_A = 0x12, // pins            OLAT_A = 0x14,            IODDIR_B = 0x01,            IPOL_B = 0x03,            GPINTEN_B = 0x05,            DEFVAL_B = 0x07,            INTCON_B = 0x09,            IOCON_B = 0x0B,            GPPU_B = 0x0D,            INTF_B = 0x0F,            INTCAP_B = 0x11,            GPIO_B = 0x13,            OLAT_B = 0x15,        }base.Write(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.IODDIR_B, 0xFF });base.Write(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.GPINTEN_B, 0xff });base.Write(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.GPPU_B, 0xFF });base.Write(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.DEFVAL_B, 0xFF });base.Write(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.INTCON_B, 0x00 });base.WriteRead(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.INTCAP_B }, new Byte[1]);

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

?

thats working for me.

interruptB = new InterruptPort(                    InterruptPortB, true,                     Port.ResistorMode.PullUp,                     Port.InterruptMode.InterruptEdgeLow);void interruptB_OnInterrupt(uint data1, uint data2, DateTime time)        {            Byte[] tmp = new Byte[1];            base.WriteRead(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.INTF_B }, tmp);            base.WriteRead(new Byte[] { (Byte)Register.INTCAP_B }, new Byte[1]);            if (tmp[0] == 1)            {                Debug.Print("durchgangsschalter");            }        }

edit: the value wich pin has changed doies not come as decimal, like 1,2,3 and so on. its binary 001 is pin (3 (or 2 when you start counting with 0))

#47657 MCP23017 Interrupts

Posted by NooM on 27 March 2013 - 10:20 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

netmf-toolbox also has a driver.

but my code is 100% working, your doing something wrong, maybe the interrupt connection or something like that.

did you use my register-addresses too ?

also, my code uses portb, and fires when something goes _low_ on a port

#47658 Analog input interrupt

Posted by NooM on 27 March 2013 - 10:38 PM in Visual Basic Support

its also possible from software. arron made this iirc.

its like polling the adc constantly in an thread, and when it changes firing an interrupt.

you can also set the threshhold value when it shall fire.

#47662 .net micro framework windows form

Posted by NooM on 28 March 2013 - 01:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

use the normal .net framework for windows.

app made in visual studio express.

#47707 MCP23017 Interrupts

Posted by NooM on 29 March 2013 - 12:00 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

thats the worst thing todo, so you loose the benefit from not having to poll it all the time cos of the interrupt.

post your whole code here. ill have a look

#47708 need help!

Posted by NooM on 29 March 2013 - 12:08 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

so, whats the project about ?

#47709 Building a Set of Netduino 2 & Netduino 2 Plus Tutorials to share

Posted by NooM on 29 March 2013 - 12:09 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

updating firmware is in the wiki.

loading assemblies is somewhere on a website (since its advanced the information there are more than sufficient, i could get it to work)

edit: its still a nice idea.

also making a linklist with the various other sources would help i think

#47712 Building a Set of Netduino 2 & Netduino 2 Plus Tutorials to share

Posted by NooM on 29 March 2013 - 12:54 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

well i dont think its a timewaste to write tutorials, but id also look first what is nallready out there.

also, there should be a place where all is linked together, that would be very usefull.

http://de.scribd.com...o-for-Beginners

http://blog.codeblac...ng-Started.aspx

and there are many others, but i dont have all the links :(

#47713 Building a Set of Netduino 2 & Netduino 2 Plus Tutorials to share

Posted by NooM on 29 March 2013 - 12:57 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

a tutorial of how to convert 4.1 code to 4.2 (the different pwm, analog.. constructors) would be great. most tuts are for 4.1

#47746 Is possible to use Com1 for debugging and communication?

Posted by NooM on 30 March 2013 - 05:36 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

its is totally possible. smokingfish did this for the mini.

_but_ you have to change the firmware todo this.

#47960 Multiplexing analog inputs

Posted by NooM on 03 April 2013 - 06:02 AM in General Discussion

while multiplexing analog singlas is possible, id suggest just using one (or more) external adc ic's.

iam using a mcp3201 (single channel) but there are also ones with more channs. like mcp3208.

maybe even 16, idk. they are 12 bit and spi, also quite cheap. 16 bit and up get really expensive.

#47965 Unable to reset Netduino

Posted by NooM on 03 April 2013 - 09:18 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

plus2 doeset need/want sam-ba to reflash firmware (thats what sam-ba is for, on the gen1 boards)

the contact i think is just for orientation for the pick and place machine for the parts :D

you have to read the (sticky on top) n+2 thread on how to update/reflash the firmware.

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.