Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

dudeman420's Content

There have been 2 items by dudeman420 (Search limited from 16-July 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31911 serial <> ethernet bridge

Posted by dudeman420 on 12 July 2012 - 04:18 PM in General Discussion

im wanting to figure out how to make a raw serial bridge (ttl levels because its going to talk to microcontrollers only) so i guess it would be a ethernet-ttl bridge and if someone wanted serial they would just need a level converter (for longer distance runs) i have a netduino plus and have been expirimenting with neonmika but i want something like a raw serial tcp connection something that i could connect to with hw vsp (hw virtual serial port) http://www.hw-group....p/index_en.html they have developer info available and some source code i have used this before to connect to other devices and i like the implementation (freeware) it basically makes a new serial port on the pc and directs all data to/from that port using an ip address and port i have a number of devices that i could communicate with using this from anywhere basic setup would be internet-netduinoplus-arduinomega-sensors then i could startup hwvsp from anywhere and connect to the correct forewarded port on my wan ip and be connected to the remote serial port then i would basically be able to monitor serial data from my adruino mega or any other serial device from any internet connected location the reason being for a large number of simple sensors using the arduino as a dedicated sensor data log / parser makes more sense (free's up the netduino to do other things) as follows remote serial port connection established using hw vsp serially encoded sensor status request is transmitted to netduino+ over ip netduino+ sends from ip:port all raw serial data to an enumerated ttl level serial port arduino detects serially encoded sensor status request on its own enumerated serial port arduino transmits serial encoded sensor data string netduino+ sends to ip:port all serially encoded data by enumerating the serial port it allows for the netduino's role to be limited and within its scope reliably because the processing is done before and after the netduino ideally a way to ignore all other packets would be an added stability measure im going to setup a hw vsp connection between my phone and my pc later and i will log the packets for the serial data while simultaneously using a serial port monitor to catch the corresponding serial port data so i can decipher how hw vsp formats packets and how the header data is formatted i will post back after i have learned more im posting here cause i have searched and searched for any related code and have not found anything yet any and all input/links/ideas is wanted and appreciated the netduino's role would basically be that of a serial-over-ip solution but with more customization possibility and to clarify i dont want to connect to the internal serial port that you get when you connect to the computer with usb i want to connect to an external facing enumerated serial port on the netduino so that it can provide for communication with a ttl serial device (my arduino) and my second question is would spi or i2c be better for this purpose ? or would there be a way to emulate a arduino ethernet shield on a netduino+ the arduino code required would be minimal because the interface can be configured/ stack managed automatically by the nd+ i know there are hardware solutions available but i think this could be an interesting useful addition to the netduino+ platform as a library that could be used by others to allow for subservient tasks to be automated by another controller transparently using the netduino+ as a communication medium while it still performs other tasks

#31880 NeonMika.Webserver

Posted by dudeman420 on 11 July 2012 - 11:14 PM in Project Showcase

hey i just wanted to say thank you and that i will try to input what i can this is a highly versatile code because of the way everything is open ended it can be repurposed to nearly any need aditional functionality could be added using a pc side program to parse and display groups of data in a scripted manner beyond the capabilities of nd+ i thank you for your contribution and look foreward to future versions / updates

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.