Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

carb's Content

There have been 185 items by carb (Search limited from 05-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#39785 Switch input and output on same pin

Posted by carb on 21 November 2012 - 02:53 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

I need to make a custom SCCB interface,
it requires change data pin's mode, input for reading, and output for writing,
How can I do that in C#?
Since NETMF only has one mode for a pin.

"OutputPort led = new OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, false);"

Thanks

Sharethl,

Try searching for Tristate on the forum. Tristateport.

I have not used them before but I think that it what you may be looking for.

Chuck

#43713 STM DEVICE IN DFU MODE NOT RECOGNIZED IN MFDeploy

Posted by carb on 19 January 2013 - 12:44 AM in Netduino Go

Denisetoo,

MFDeploy does not read the board in dfu (boot loader) mode.

Just unplug and replug in the board, do not hold down the pushbutton.

Open MFDeploy, change from serial to usb and you should see the netduino listed.

Chuck

#36650 Programming Netduino Go using serial

Posted by carb on 06 October 2012 - 08:01 PM in Netduino Go

Hi,

To be able to use the USB port of the Netduino Go, I want to deploy / debug the netduino go using RS232, as suggested in other posts. Does anybody have a schematic for the pin wiring?

Cheers,
Tomas

Tomas,

Don't think that you can do that.

The pinout for the sockets are under the hardware page for the Go.

Chris or some of the others may be able to help more.

Chuck

#42719 Sure Electronics led-matrix driver

Posted by carb on 04 January 2013 - 03:56 PM in Project Showcase

Mario,

I am looking forward to seeing the driver that you are working on.

I have purchased 2 of the Sure Electronic's 32x16 matrixes and a USB controler but would like to use the NP2 spi instead.

By the way Happy New Year and thanks for all the great information that you provide here on the forum and in the HighFieldTale blog.

Chuck

#42100 How to do simple SD write-read in VB

Posted by carb on 24 December 2012 - 08:56 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Hi

I was found some examples in C but I'm not shure how to translate it to VB code, can you show me how to do it with a simple example?

Thanks

JManual,

I assumed that you are wanting to convert C# (C Sharp) to Visual Basic. There are a couple of converts that normally work for me. The one that I use the most is Telerik Converter it converts both directions.

Chuck

#38858 Reading 1 Wire Digital Temp Sensor

Posted by carb on 09 November 2012 - 03:51 PM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I'm trying to use a netduino plus to monitor temperature from a DS18B20 . I've read in the forums about a not-so-recent custom firmware (CWP) that might do the trick? Is this still advised? If it is, can someone point me to the most recent version to download said firmware? It's not clear when scrolling through the forums where I can download it and if it is the current build. PLEASE let me know if I don't actually need to downgrade to that custom firmware and if I can read the temp with what I have (4.2.0.1).

Thanks so much!

-Nick

Nick,

There has been some posts about one wire in the last couple of weeks that should help you. Try searching the forum for "One Wire" and "OneWire" and I am certain you will find what you are looking for. 4.2.0.0 firmware and One Wire and Netduino Plus 2 with OneWire

Chuck

#37140 Newbie External Device Power Question

Posted by carb on 14 October 2012 - 12:39 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Alright I will preface this with stating that I am completely new at this. It has been 10 years since my last Circuit Design and Digital Hardware class and most of that information has left my brain. So if the answer to my question is a recommendation to read a specific book that will work as well :)

My goal is to hook an electromagnet to a netduino. I'm looking at this one http://www.amazon.co...=A1THAZDOWP300U

and I'm not really sure how to tell if the netduino can power this.

I'm guessing from these specs the answer is no:
Rated Voltage : DC 24V;Current : 0.48A
Power : 1.2W;Attraction : 9000gf

but I'm just not 100% sure what to be looking for, I know basic electronics fail :)

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Ryan,

The Netduino can not power the coil, but you can control a relay or transistor with the Netduino and thereby control the coil.

Just out of curiosity are you going to be using the coil on a valve or to pick stuff up? The reason I ask is the coil appears to be made to work with a valve. It does not appear to have a pole piece that will direct the magnetic flux to the end of the coil for lifting objects. The magnetic field will be strongest inside the coil.

By the way welcome to the forum. Search for relays in the forum and you should find some information and code that will help you get started.

If you need additional help, please ask and provide as much information as you can about what you are trying to do. Often you will get a reply fairly quick, but please remember that most on the forum are not payed (may take some time to put an answer together for you) and a fair number live in Europe so your answers may appear in the early morning here in the North America.

Hope this helps,
Chuck

#38590 ADC reads show unexpected values

Posted by carb on 06 November 2012 - 02:06 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Dim senstemp As New AnalogInput(Cpu.AnalogChannel.ANALOG_1)
Dim Temp As Double = 0

JManual,

Try something like the following:
Imports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware

Dim TempSensor As New SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0)

Also I have some code listed in Visual Basic for the Netduino Go and shieldbase.

Just search for TMP36, should help with averaging the temperatures and conversion to different scales.

Just remember that the shieldbase has a 12 bit ADC (3.3vdc / 4096) while the other Netduinos use 10 bit ADCs (3.3vdc / 1024).

Hope this helps,
Chuck

#38838 adafruit LCD shield I2C

Posted by carb on 09 November 2012 - 11:43 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

Im using my Netduino Plus to measure temperature values every second from a thermistor and display them on the output console in Visual Studios, when a hook up my LCD shield (5 volts) via I2C on top of the board my values drop to nearly half. Any advice/solution would be much helpful.

Thanks!!

Glen,

How are you powering the Netduino +, from the USB or the barrel connector?

If you are using the USB, you maybe loading it to where the voltage is dropping to much (depending on power supply). May want to try 9vdc to barrel connector (check polarity is correct before plugging in the adapter).

Also check solder joints on the LCD shield to make sure that there are no unwanted inter-connections between pins.

Is the regulator chip get hot? If so that may indicate overloaded regulator.

If you have an ampmeter you may be able to power the shield with male-female jumpers to read the current draw of the shield.

Other than that it is difficult to help without a clear picture or information on the setup.

Hope this helps,
Chuck

#40911 Netduino Plus 2 and Adafruit RGB LCD Shield

Posted by carb on 04 December 2012 - 01:58 AM in Netduino Plus 2 (and Netduino Plus 1)

I am currently using Neduino SDK 4.2.1. I have tried to load the toolbox sample for the Adafruit RGB LCD display on both the Netduino Classic and Netduino Plus 2. On the Classic I get an E300000 error code and the wrong mscorlib.dll. I followed the FAQ in wiki could not change the library from 4.1 to 4.2 I then went back to the Netduino Plus 2 with firmware 4.2.1.2 loaded. The shield uses I2C and ties Analog Pins 4 & 5 to the SC & SD connection and has pullup resistors on the I2C lines. With this setup I get errors that it can not find namespace name 'Hd44780Lcd', 'IGPIPort' or 'Mcp23017'. I have added every reference that I can find if no luck. If Stefan (when you get some time) or someone can give me a hint on how to fix this it would be appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.