Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.

Brandon G's Content

There have been 92 items by Brandon G (Search limited from 07-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8886 Microsoft.SPOT.Reflection.Serialize() / Deserialize() throws System.NotImplem...

Posted by Brandon G on 02 February 2011 - 04:15 PM in General Discussion

updated above, as i said this a very very specific and optimistic serialization system for my exact purposes, but the idea is sound and could be used in other places, u merely have to implement ISerializable on your class and insert a type into the serialize message in order to dynamically invoke the constructor, i know i am in this instance only serializing one type with this formatter so i have put that statically in, you could easily put in a header to accomplish this such as stx....type...data...etx once you know your type merely parse and dynamically invoke and assume T : new()

#7750 Netduino ESC driver

Posted by Brandon G on 16 January 2011 - 07:25 AM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

Chris, as i look through how to do this best you are turning out to be a great resource, thanks it really appreciated. the above code, just trying to get my head around the concepts and expose my newbie skill sets here. the SetPulse method of the pwm, what is the 20,000, trying to find docs on it but dont quite get it I will attach my changes/ assumptions afterwards

#7773 Netduino ESC driver

Posted by Brandon G on 16 January 2011 - 07:24 PM in Netduino 2 (and Netduino 1)

thanks chris, do have a link to more upto date code, i assume frame width would be a config point

#8567 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 27 January 2011 - 05:22 PM in General Discussion

yea its counterintuitive I is used for Interface and I want to know that straight up at the beginning if i'm dealing with an interface. I think at the end of there are slight variations in coding style, i like to know whether i'm private or public or a const or a Public Member and interface a factory a handler a delegate an event, just by looking at the variable name, i used to be even more explicit than this but the big guys jumped all over me. Its just a readability thing for me and as long as all parties agree at beginning of project you're solid. And Chris / Luke, never do i burn a bridge, but cut me some slack, we're all just trying to do neat stuff and have fun or work, how we post is not a big deal, if i get excited about something sometimes i'll throw a few posts down in a row, its an iterative process and sometimes a stream of thought happens, there's no egos or etiquette, its just code. We are all a community and need each others help at certain points in the process, so I would hope to be able to lean on anyone that has more experience than I especially in this specific project, hopefully one day you can lean on me for parts of your projects.

#8597 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 28 January 2011 - 04:04 AM in General Discussion

Mark, Thank you for your comments, this forum has truly tested my ability to hold my tongue and be professional. I will try to make a point of not posting questions that expose you to my "amateur / ignorant" coding techniques shared by ms mvps and the ms clr team. Great community we have here.

#8565 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 27 January 2011 - 05:04 PM in General Discussion

•Do not use Hungarian notation •Do not use a prefix for member variables (_, m_, s_, etc.). If you want to distinguish between local and member variables you should use “this.” in C# and “Me.” in VB.NET. •Do use camelCasing for member variables •Do use camelCasing for parameters •Do use camelCasing for local variables •Do use PascalCasing for function, property, event, and class names •Do prefix interfaces names with “I” •Do not prefix enums, classes, or delegates with any letter Me and the rest of the community disagree with this, i understand why its stated as it is, but i disagree. using this. is ugly and redundant (resharper agrees) Its just a style, i've worked with a few of the top guys over the years and we all use this style, at beginning of projects we agree on a naming convention and this is the one we have consistently agreed upon

#8575 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 27 January 2011 - 06:54 PM in General Discussion

Resharper is my best practises post processor :)

#8181 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 23 January 2011 - 05:12 PM in General Discussion

Yes Domain Driven Design, read eric evans and Jimmy Nillson, they changed everything

#8560 Coding style discussion

Posted by Brandon G on 27 January 2011 - 04:21 PM in General Discussion

lol on the underscores, there's alot of things i do that arent in ms' best practises. I'd say 80% of the community uses the same naming practises as above. Going to research the IL to see your other suggestion

#7788 Fluent Interop 1.2

Posted by Brandon G on 17 January 2011 - 01:24 AM in Project Showcase

That is fantastic and may help for getting quicker results in my quad project

#8779 Reference NETMF libraries in .NET

Posted by Brandon G on 31 January 2011 - 10:18 PM in General Discussion

if you could dig up when in front of computer cause thus far my search has revealed nothing

#8862 Reference NETMF libraries in .NET

Posted by Brandon G on 02 February 2011 - 05:34 AM in General Discussion

I think i ran into a brick wall here, which .NET 4.0 project in the sdk loads up assemblies based in NETMF 4.0? Here's the error i get, i dont necessarily want to emulate hardware i merely want to use some of its assemblies I will always get the error ECall methods must be packaged into a system module I have successfully run test before that called simple classes but the call i am making from a form app to netmf dll is using Spot.Hardware which I cant see how to load that in

#8777 Reference NETMF libraries in .NET

Posted by Brandon G on 31 January 2011 - 10:13 PM in General Discussion

I actually have got Nunit to work on some simple tests but maybe thats because the classes were so simple

#8775 Reference NETMF libraries in .NET

Posted by Brandon G on 31 January 2011 - 09:53 PM in General Discussion

I have a windows app that i want to be able to call some of the methods of netmf assemblies, is this at all possible? is there a way for an emulator to take over to be able to load those objects

#9590 Automated Build and Deploy

Posted by Brandon G on 15 February 2011 - 06:45 PM in General Discussion

Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before but I have yet to find it in my searches. I have a windows form app that is used to generate a configuiration file, I would then like to embed the config file as a resource in a netmf project and then do a build and deploy. I have seen similar things before when people try to use VB.NET instead of C# on microframework so i know its possible just wondering if anyone has already done this and wants to share the project. Think it would be a handy little library for everybody, also gets around the weak references issue with config files

#9129 Interesting news Pyxis

Posted by Brandon G on 07 February 2011 - 07:32 PM in General Discussion

http://www.engadget....-embedded-chip/

#7775 System.Configuration

Posted by Brandon G on 16 January 2011 - 08:39 PM in General Discussion

Is there an equivalent to Config in netMF?

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.