Martin and I would like to take the lid off some ongoing work - the Radius Wearables Core and Radius Reference Hardware. This work is still in its early days and will continue to evolve, but here's an early peek...
The Radius Wearables Core (RWC) is a .Net Micro Framework codebase and accompanying Windows, Windows Phone, Android and iOS companion apps, all written in managed code. The idea behind the RWC is to create an integrated software framework for connected wearables - watches, pendants, and all manner of headless devices too.
The RWC software is free and open-source for non-commercial uses. Commercial use requires a separate license. Distribution of the mobile phone companion apps through app stores involves a separate approval process through Microsoft, Apple and/or Google, though it is intended that the default app (which we will publish) will accomodate custom wearable devices you might create. The RWC software is tested on the Radius, Molecule, IoT Dx Blue, GHI hardware and Netduino.
The Radius Watch reference hardware v1, includes:
- STM32F401 - 82Mhz 512kb Flash 96kb ram or STM32F411 - 96Mhz 512kb Flash 128kb ram
- 1.26inch Sunlight readable Sharp MemoryLCD
- BLE113 Bluetooth LE with separate vreg
- MPU-9150 9 DOF sensor
- MPR121 Capacitive touch sensor
- Battery backed up RTC
- 8mb External SPI flash
- Lipo power with charge circuit
- 3 User buttons
- Power on/off push button
The Radius Wearables Core software features include :
- Mobile-phone companion apps for all major mobile platforms
- Installable Radius apps (requires filesystem - apps are managed from your PC or mobile device)
- Notification routing and display
- Radius app sandboxing and resource-management
- Structured messaging over any serial channel (e.g., BLE on the Radius Reference Hardware)
- Support for private host-app-to-Radius-app messaging (create your own app protocols)
- Support for mobile device control (call management, media controls, volume, messaging, etc.)
- Support for headless devices (annunciators and sensors)
- Support for multiple Radius-compatible devices attached to a single host (mobile device or PC)
- A touch or button driven navigation framework
And on the Radius Hardware, includes default apps for:
App Menu, Watch, Notifications and a touch-gesture navigation framework
The source code is available at : https://github.com/M...leDotNet/Radius
Demo video is upcoming...