This update requires a Netduino Go running v4.2.2 or newer firmware.
This firmware uses the GoBus 1.5 UART transport, so it temporarily requires use of 4 GoPorts (1-4 or 5-8). We will remove this restriction in an upcoming release by moving to the fast GoBus 1.5 SPI transport. Because this firmware uses an un-optimized implementation of the GoBus UART transport, SerialPort and SPI operations run at a reduced speed.
This firmware includes the following updates:
1. TristatePorts now supported
This firmware includes the previous updates:
1. Bug fix: SPI clock 'idle high' setting now supported
2. COM1 (shieldBase.SerialPorts.COM1 on pins D0-D1) is now available for use
3. Now compatible with legacy SecretLabs AnalogInput and PWM classes (requires 4.2.2 SDK)
4. Bug fix: SPI chip select timing corrected
5. Bug fix: PWM frequency corrected
6. GoBus 2.0 Alpha: auto-detect support for Shield Base
7. GoBus 2.0 Alpha: Pins, AnalogChannels, PwmChannels, and SPI_Devices are auto-redirected to Shield Base
8. SerialPort support (COM2/COM3 on pins D2-D3/D7-D8)
9. SPI support (SPI1 on pins D11-D13)
10. New ShieldBase.SerialPorts and ShieldBase.SPI_Devices enumerations
11. GoBus 1.5 transport: error-correction with CRCs, frame acknowledgements, retries, etc.
12. InterruptPort support (pins D2-D13, although A0-A5 can be used by advanced users)
13. New ShieldBase.PWMChannels and ShieldBase.AnalogInputs enumerations (matching Netduino 4.2)
14. PWM no longer stops working 'randomly'
15. PWM scale now works properly
NOTE: if you are using your Shield Base (with upgraded STM32F2 chip) as a standalone NETMF board, you can build the 4.2.2 NETMF firmware from source or use the original 4.2.0 firmware for Shield Base.
To upgrade your Shield Base:
1. Plug your Shield Base into GoPort 5 on your Netduino Go.
2. Deploy the attached updater app, and watch your Output window.
3. When prompted, press the Netduino Go's onboard button to start the flashing process.
4. While flashing your Shield Base, GoPort 5's LED will flash and the Output window will provide status.
5. When the Shield Base is completely updated, the white power LED will flash.
After the upgrade, simply deploy a new app to your Netduino Go mainboard. If you have trouble communicating with the shield base, power cycle your Netduino Go.
Please post in this thread if you have any troubles.
Thank you for beta testing the Shield Base,