Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Recovering a problematic Netduino

netduino reset

Best Answer Chris Walker, 15 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hi grooch,

Sorry for the troubles.  Please try upgrading to .NET MF 4.2 instead.  The production 4.2 firmware uses new WinUSB drivers...and they may take care of things for you here.

Please let us know if that works.  Thank you.

Chris

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grooch

grooch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Hey all,

I attempted to use my Netduino board which I have not touched in a year or so and had some major difficulties.

PC connecting to:   windows7 - 64 bit

After trying many things I finally decided to follow the instructions and try a complete hard reset.  I jumped the 3.3V to the pad and then used SAM-BA v2.12 to send the bootloader to the netduino.  I used version 4.1.0.6 I found in one of the posts.  This seemed to work ok.  I also installed MF SDK version 4.1 and Netduino SDK version 4.1.0 64 bit.

Now, I read the next step is to flash the firmware using the MFDeploy tool, however, whenever I attempt to do a ping ... it hangs and eventually comes back saying unable to connect or something like that.  When I select USB in the tool though, it does show the Netduino.

It should be noted that when connected, both LEDs are lit constantly and I do see the Netduino in the device manager as "Netduino" under USB controllers.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I am all out of ideas. 

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:46 PM   Best Answer

Hi grooch,

Sorry for the troubles.  Please try upgrading to .NET MF 4.2 instead.  The production 4.2 firmware uses new WinUSB drivers...and they may take care of things for you here.

Please let us know if that works.  Thank you.

Chris

#3 grooch

grooch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It worked like a charm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.