Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino 'convert' to Netduino Plus possible

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 netasso

netasso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

I got my hands on a Netduino (basic), but wanted the Plus however it was unavailable. I'm just wondering: is it possible to 'convert' it to a Plus by adding and SD setup and some kind of Ethernet gear? I figure the SD shouldn't bee too hard, but not sure on the Ethernet. Or am I dreaming? Thanks guys.

#2 Fred

Fred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:15 PM

The SD is very easy. I added SD support to a standard with a breakout board (no circuitry required, just a way to connect to the card's pins) and Netduino firmware 4.1.1 aplha 2. Ethernet would be easiest with a compatible ethernet shield. Not sure what works, but there are a few posts where people are looking at this. To be honest though the cost and hassle make the ND+ a no brainer if you can find one.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

Also, the integrated Ethernet on the Plus is much, much faster than any SPI-based Ethernet solution. And on the Netduino Plus, the Ethernet and SD take up none of the pin headers...whereas using a shield on the regular Netduino will take up half a dozen of them. Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.