Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Iphone interface to Netduino via audio jack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisKooken

ChrisKooken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

I am interested in making the netduino establish a BUS connection to the IPhone via the audio jack. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I have read a few things online...but I am somewhat lost.

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:56 PM

Have you seen this interface made for Arduino? http://arms22.blog91...-entry-350.html The blog-post is in Japanese, but using Google Translate you should be able to get an idea about how it's done. /Thomas

#3 Charles

Charles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Here is a reference on th iPod Accessory Protocol - Should help get you started. http://nuxx.net/wiki...essory_Protocol It doesn't tell you a lot about pinouts, but does hold the protocol keys.

#4 devilfisch

devilfisch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:05 AM

I also found another site that does the same thing using an Arduino. I was hoping to make a Netduino Plus do the same thing except with an Android tablet instead of an iPhone and have posted a question for that in the Netduino Plus forum. Any answers there could apply to your question too. So far no one has answered yet though.

Assuming that it's not possible to do it directly we could probably make the FSK modem featured in the book IPhone Hacks and use it to interface to the Netduino via a serial connection. I'd prefer to use the Netduino directly for this task though so that I won't need to build a separate circuit for it although this might lead to speed problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.