Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Debugging Slow on Netduino Plus 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nb1forxp

nb1forxp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

I've just started using the N+2 and the debugging seems really slow.  When I hit F10 to step over a line of code, it takes about 2-3 seconds to actually step over the line of code (even simple lines of code like 'myVariable++;')

I'm running .NetMF4.3 and targeting 4.2 on the N+2.  I'm using VS2012 Professional on Win7 32-bit.

Is this normal behavior or is there something wrong?

#2 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm running .NetMF4.3 and targeting 4.2 on the N+2.  I'm using VS2012 Professional on Win7 32-bit.

Is this normal behavior or is there something wrong?

I'm finding VS2012 and NETMF 4.3 slow as well.  Not 2-3 seconds to step over a line of code but it is slower then VS2010.  I've tried this on the N+2 and the GO! and I get the same results.  Deployment is dreadfully slow.

Regards,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#3 aaronaudic

aaronaudic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

I, too, am having terrible luck with VS2012, NETMF 4.3 and N+2. I'm trying to access the SD directory, and it takes approximately 30 seconds per call to System.IO for each of the namespaces/classes to be stepped into. At this rate, it's not a matter of inconvenience but rather it's a total show stopper. I'm very new to Netduino, so I unfortunately can't offer any advice yet. But, if I hear or figure out something, I'll be sure to post. Please do the same.

#4 aaronaudic

aaronaudic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

P.S. Since this is my first experience with Netduino, I figured it was normal for the deployment to take ~20-30 seconds and then another ~29-30 seconds for the application to be active/usable (using VS 2012, NETMF 4.3). Can anyone else confirm whether this is to be expected? Is it faster in VS 2010?

Thanks, in advance.

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

Hi aaronaudic, Your Netduino should boot and start your app within just a few seconds. It sounds like there's an issue while it's trying to mount your SD card. If you remove the card, does it boot quickly for you? Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.