Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

NP2 not responding

Best Answer MarcinG, 14 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ok,

The problem was Advanced USB Monitor and it's filter driver. After uninstall everything back to normal.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hi, NP2 is visible in MFDeploy but I can't ping, erase, set network ... anything. I can't deploy any app. I tried:  - upgrading to 4.3 SDK (with uninstall all previous versions)  - re-flashing like 3 times to latest 4.3 firmware Until today I was using NP1 without any problems. I'm using W7 64bit. What can I check or do with it ??

--

Marcin

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi Marcin, Was NP2 working with NETMF 4.2? Using the .NET MF 4.2 QFE2 and Netduino 4.2 SDKs? The NETMF 4.3 firmware is still beta; we're appreciate the opportunity to help figure out what's going on with the 4.3 beta firmware to make sure that the official 4.3 release is high-quality...but it's probably best to make sure we're working with NETMF 4.2 first. Sorry for the troubles; let's see if we can get you up and running here. BTW, welcome to the community. I'm guessing that you've been lurking for a while; thanks for posting and joining in on the conversation! Chris

#3 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hi Chris,

Thank's for reply.

No - it didn't work on 4.2. So I decided to reflash firmware 4.2 and after that I upgraded to 4.3.

All the steps of reflashing/upgrading ended with "success " message.

Is it possible that board/stm is broken but somehow it passes reflashing without problems??

#4 j2inet

j2inet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

Is it possible that board/stm is broken but somehow it passes reflashing without problems??

I've been experiencing a similar problem over the last few days. In my case it seems if an unhandled exception happens early in the program than the board halts and I can't deploy anything to it. After that I have to reflash since resetting doesn't seem to work. I speculate that on a reset it's starting off running my program and halting before I can do another redeployment. 

During development I've found it helpful to put a 4 second delay at the start of my program (via Thread.Sleep). When the board is halted I can at least reset it and have 4 seconds to get a deployment going before the problem code executes. 

#5 Jon Henry

Jon Henry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Same thing happening for me, Im having to reflash the board anytime I hit an unhandled exception.

#6 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

But in my case I can't deploy anything, even after reflashing.

I think that somehow the board it's broken and I'll send it for replacement.

Or maybe some other ideas how to bring it alive??

#7 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hi MarcinG, Be sure to _erase_ your board using STDFU Tester before reflashing it with DFUSE. Otherwise you're just overwriting NETMF and not your application--and the board will immediately try to boot your app (which is presumably where the crash scenario begins) and blocking MFDeploy. Chris

#8 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

I've done that. It's driving me crazy!

I've checked that if I erase in DFUTester and then upload there are FF's in Internal Flash.

After reflashing in DFUSE and then upload in DFUTester there is someting in Internal Flash - so reflashing works.

What should I have in: Option Bytes, OTP Memory and Device Feature??

Maybe someone can send me some test file(blinking led or somethig) file (in hex maybe), please.

#9 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

Ok,

There is something wrong with my PC. On another laptop I can deploy app.

Strange is that I can deploy for NP1 but not for NP2.

Thanks for all help.

#10 MarcinG

MarcinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTychy, POLAND

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:56 PM   Best Answer

Ok,

The problem was Advanced USB Monitor and it's filter driver. After uninstall everything back to normal.

#11 lancewmccarthy

lancewmccarthy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA USA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

LOL, Thanks for the tip. I managed to slide my debug in before it ran my app w/unhandled exception. It took a couple tries, but perfectly timing VS Deploy solution with the Netduino reset button saved me some time from reflashing.

Lance McCarthy

Microsoft MVP (Windows Platform Development)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.