Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Magjack RJ45 interface to DM9161 network IC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Hi there.

I have my project working successfully on Netduino plus kit 

I built my own PCB based on Netduino Plus schematics with exception of Magjack RJ45 which has built in transformer same as HX1198NL used in Netduino plus .

The problem I have is that I am getting an error Link between Magjack RJ45 and DM9161 - same setup and code works happily  with  Netduino plus kit 

I will be most grateful if someone can assist me 

Nissim

Attached Files

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Hi Nissim, As long as your Magjack has the same magnet orientation and internal component selection as on Netduino Plus 2, it should "just work." That said...you will need to make sure you make your traces the right size and length and all of that fun stuff :) Just to confirm--you're able to initialize networking using the DM9161 but the physical link between it and the MagJack is what is failing? Also--are you using the same DM9161? There are a few options out there. Chris

#3 Nissim

Nissim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Thank you for your reply Chris

Following your advice, I noticed that the orientation of transformer on Magjack does not match exactly as on HX1198NL IC .  Could this cause the problem I have?

The DM9161 initialising because I get correct  register status.

The LEDs on my board seem to behave same as on kit I have

Thank again for your good on going  support  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.