Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Why does this happen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 klotz

klotz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:31 PM

When I execute this snippet on the Netduino, it hangs on the xVar.Read(). After that, I can still see Neduino-neduino on in my devices list, but I am not able to access it from the debuger or MFDeploy.exe.
namespace Bug
{
    public class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            // write your code here
            int xValue = 0;
            int yValue = 0;

AnalogInput xvar = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A0);
            AnalogInput yvar = new AnalogInput(Pins.GPIO_PIN_A1);

xvar.SetRange(0, 0xffff);
            yvar.SetRange(0, 0xFFFF);

while (true)
            {
                yValue = yvar.Read();
                xValue = xvar.Read(); //Debugger hangs here and never recovers.
            }

}

}
}

So far the only remedial action I have found is to totally erase the Neduino and reflash it.

1. Am I doing something wrong in the code?

2. Is there a safer/better recovery than totally erasing the Netduino?

Help.

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

klotz, Sorry, that's a bug in the Netduino firmware. The AnalogInputs work great--but if you open more than one at a time there's a glitch which causes the Netduino to hang. You can just erase the program on your Netduino (it takes about 10 seconds). See here: http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__216 We have an update which fixes the AnalogInput bug scheduled for Monday (in 2 days). Chris

#3 klotz

klotz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

klotz,

Sorry, that's a bug in the Netduino firmware. The AnalogInputs work great--but if you open more than one at a time there's a glitch which causes the Netduino to hang.

You can just erase the program on your Netduino (it takes about 10 seconds). See here:
http://forums.netdui...indpost__p__216

We have an update which fixes the AnalogInput bug scheduled for Monday (in 2 days).

Chris

Thanks for the reference on erase. I had no idea that it could be done that way. The only answer I could find was to totaly erase the board as I described. I will try that next time.

Well that means that at least one of my projects will be on hold til monday.
Is there a list of open items somewhere so I don't have to spend time finding them on my own?
If so, is there also a list of what is going to be fixed and when?
I

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

Is there a list of open items somewhere so I don't have to spend time finding them on my own?
If so, is there also a list of what is going to be fixed and when?

No other issues that we know of... Well, other than the search feature acting up on the forums (which we've submitted to the forums' software maker Invision).

Chris

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

Quick update... We've fixed the AnalogInput issue, and will finish up final testing Monday morning. The update will officially be v4.1.0.2 (4.1.0 patch 2). We'll be posting updated firmware and source code by Monday evening (along with the Analog Input tutorial).

#6 kingpin2k

kingpin2k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Quick update... We've fixed the AnalogInput issue, and will finish up final testing Monday morning.

The update will officially be v4.1.0.2 (4.1.0 patch 2).

We'll be posting updated firmware and source code by Monday evening (along with the Analog Input tutorial).

Testing is overrated. I'd rather yall just do quick fixes, send out the patch then hope it doesn't brick all of our netduinos. :P Thanks for the quick turn around on the issue! Under a week is great turn around time.
Homer: [Meeting Aliens] Please don't eat me! I have a wife and kids. Eat them!

#7 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:32 PM

We'll be posting updated firmware and source code by Monday evening (along with the Analog Input tutorial).

Eastern Time zone, I suppose Posted Image

#8 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

Eastern Time zone, I suppose Posted Image

Maybe we should start working in the Hawaiian-Aleutian time zone? That would give us 6 extra hours in the day :)

#9 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:40 AM

This bug has been fixed in the Netduino firmware update v4.1.0.2 (patch 2). Download it at: http://forums.netdui...e-v410-patch-2/ This is a recommended update for all users. Please let me know how it works for you! P.S. The AnalogInput tutorial will be posted Monday evening.

#10 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

Maybe we should start working in the Hawaiian-Aleutian time zone? That would give us 6 extra hours in the day :)

I think you'd have to keep moving across time zones in the correct direction to actually gain the time. But my point was that 'Monday evening' in my time zone is Monday noon in yours - now I'll have to wait till Tuesday morning; when I'll be at work, so it will be rather Tuesday evening when I can grab the latest version of the firmware source...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.